Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Chimboree, you beat me to it. So you started one?? I thought about it, but I have to keep one in writing for the Dr. and for when I go back to the dietician and psychologist. I didn't see a need to do 2 of them for myself.

Now if we could only get directions to post a poll on here we'd be set. I'm having no luck. I even PM the moderator Wheetsin to ask her for directions, but no reply yet.

OK, have a post op question. Does anyone have medical tape over their incisions? I still have 3 pieces over my biggest incision 2 weeks later, and I'm so scared the DR. is going to pull it off tomorrwow to see how it healed. He said not to touch it, and I haven't, and it's still there, hanging on. Oh I can't imagine how it's going to feel tomorrow if he yanks it off. OUCH! You'll probably hear me scream for miles!!!!

I haven't had mine on but 5 days, but my doctor told me to not worry if they fell off, but if they didn't he would remove them when I went back for my first appointment which is this Friday morning. I have been thinking like you. That it is not going to feel very good!

Patti C

Hi Dini, i have having my band fitted next wk in Dublin. i have not been given any diet or preparation for the op is this normal i am with the same surgeon as you. i am so excited but starting to feel a bit frightened. any advice would be greatly welcomed.

sheelagh

Sheelagh, Dini should be on later. She usually checks in when she's at work. Won't be long until you get your Band. What your feeling is normal. Everything will be fine, and Dini can tell you everything as your getting banded by the same Dr. How Cool!!!

Nichole, how awesome that you are down 25 pounds!!!

Danny, down 17 pounds!!! How cool is that!!!! ... and within 2 days!!!!! Wow, you're the man!!!!! LOL, there is no way I am anywhere near ready for that one!!! Yikes, it hurts just to think about it!!!!

Next time, I go fishing, we'll send you the catfish!!!! Not my thing, lol!

Tinkerbell and Chimboree, Hang in there!!!! Your days are coming and quickly at that!!!! Won't be long! Just think of it this way, you two will be more prepared than any of us were!!!! You know EXACTLY what to expect!!!!

Patti C. - 7 pounds is terrific! You are moving right along! Isn't it exciting????? After all of these years of struggling, finally losing!!!! I'm loving it!

Ash, I am with you with the stupid sayings on the shirts in our departments! And what's with the stupid prints????? I always say, I didn't really want to be noticed for my size, but by putting on these bold flowers and such, they make us look like a walking billboard!!!! Hey, look at me, I'm fat!!!!! Holy Cow, what do they think? Or that is just it, they don't!!!! Definitely not designed by someone that wears that stuff!

OK, have a post op question. Does anyone have medical tape over their incisions? I still have 3 pieces over my biggest incision 2 weeks later, and I'm so scared the DR. is going to pull it off tomorrwow to see how it healed. He said not to touch it, and I haven't, and it's still there, hanging on. Oh I can't imagine how it's going to feel tomorrow if he yanks it off. OUCH! You'll probably hear me scream for miles!!!!

Hi Lynette!

If it is steri strips, you can just trip the edges, that is if it is lifted. I have never heard of a doctor tearing these off, and I have always instructed my patients that they will fall off on there on, but if you trim the edges it won't be tempting for him!!!

Thank you so much for replying. unfortunately i am up at 6.00am for work so need to go to bed soon. but i will check in tomorrow night.

thank you again, ps this site is fantastic and has been an inspiration to me over the last few weeks

thank you Sheelagh

Thanks ladies, I'm going to have to "trim" them tomorrow before I go. Maybe they'll "accidently fall off in the shower tonight", but I'm afraid to scrub them, so I haven't been, and that's why they are still there, UGH!!

nurse 76, how's the shoulder pain? Were yo able to get something for them that wasn't as strong and wouldn't knock you out? Hope your first day back has been good other than that shoulder pain!

Sheelagh, I'll make sure Dini sees your post and gets back to you tonight. Glad you like this place, I think we all do. It is great support.

Lynette, Hard to believe it is 2 weeks already!!!! Can you believe it???? All that stressing and worrying and look!!!! It just amazes me! Your doc should be quite happy with your progress! You are doing great!!!! He may not even "notice" the bandages!!!! LOL