Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

I am excited - my daughter in law just brought me 2 cases of baby food - to use the first couple of weeks - she bought me fruits and veggies - I am on Opti Fast so that sounds good!

dmtjet, I'm here, but like you I'm getting ready to head out walking myself. I figure the earlier, the better.

lindaa, good luck and hope all goes well for you. Be safe, and let us know when you get back how you're doing!!!

Tinkerbell, Ask you Dr. about the adventures you want to take. Personally, we have passes to our local amusement park, and my Dr. said no riding for 4 weeks. And I'm not allowed to life weights or any aerobics for 6 weeks, so I'd think you be ok for the boating you'll be doing at 6 1/2 weeks post op. I'd check with him/her first.

ronik26, now why would they give you a restrauant card with your weight on it having had this surgery????????????????????????? That weight may be good for hmmmm, 1 DAY if that. How stupid is that!!!

I agree with dmtjet, a lot of people gain from the gasses used, etc. Just wait, the scale will be going in the opposite direction in no time. If it makes you feel any better, I've lost 14 lbs, but cannot fit into a pair of capris I wore the day before surgery because of the swelling I still have 12 days after surgery. Be patient.

Trystell, glad you back already. Hope your recovery is going smoothly.

Caolin, stay with us, even if you just drop us a line once every few days.

I promise, these last two weeks will fly by and you'll be banded in no time. Plus, you should have all of your questions answered by the time your up to bat, so you'll be at ease with everything that can happen. You'll be the most informed pre surgery member of the group!!!

Ok, I'm going to get ready for my walk. I'm going to try to do an hour today. I'll check back in later on.

Have a great day everyone.

Ronik, Yeah, and what's up with putting your weight on your lapband card????? How rude is that??????!!!!!!!! That is soooooo personal and shouldn't even be an option!!! We should be able to put a description of the doctor on their then too!!!!! I am sure they are not all "hunks!!!" I just think that is very distasteful! Can you white or black that out???? I think I would!!! But as Lynette said, you will drop so fast that you might not mind that someone knows what you weighed "before" you had the surgery!!!! Actually, in that light, something to be quite proud of!!!!! LOL

Renee Marie, that's so great your sister is joining you and getting the band the same day. Please get her to join us here on the board. I have always wanted to know how to ride a motorcycle. I used to alway date guys that had them. I told my son I was going to get one. He just rolled his eyes...kids.

Mango, A new scale. I don't know if that is a blessing or a nightmare. I try to avoid mine.

Chickb13, you and Renee Marie can get up a group of Lucky 7s to go riding. It seems a good number have motorcycles

Marcy, hello. Sorry to hear you are feeling bad today. Hope it improves soon. That pregnant look is just the gas they put in to expand your abdomen. It will go away soon. Did you enjoy the ride in the new Corvette. You have a motorcycle too?? I can see the influence y'all are going to have on me...varoommmm!!:biggrin1:

Jeanie, good morning. We do seem to miss each other. Where are you located. I am in GA. Glad to know you are doing well.

Dini, my little Irish friend, top of the day to you. :o Hope everything is going well. You are probably right in that you and Adam are not spending enough time together. That happens sometimes when we get in our routines. Before you give up completley make some effort to spend time together and see what happens. Hope you are on later.

Lynette, how are you and your handsome fellows this am? :biggrin1: You know what the worse thing is. By the time I get time to spend on the board after banding, you will be going back to work...bummer:mad:

trystella, its great you are doing well with your new band. :clap2:

Lindaa, good luck today. You will be in my thoughts and prayers, Hurry back!

Caolin, another one who met their husband on the internet. You must tell me how and where you did this. I am just getting to the point where I would be interested in dating and maybe even a serious relationship. don't want to go too fast there, though.

I know I have missed other this morning but I am going off memory and not little notes this am. Hope everyone has a blessed day!;)

:faint:Now, I really do got to run! If I don't get busy, another day will be gone and I won't have done a thing! YIKES!!! I just get so caught up in this stuff, once I get on here, it is addictive!!!! I never chatted like this before either! But I love it! It is nice to have soooo much in common with a group of people! I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!!! Later Gators!!!!:o

Cazulay, I know what you mean about being jealous in a nice way. My surgery is on the 26th so we will be close together.

I hope that your friend becomes more supportive and does not try to sabatoge you. You having surgery probably stirs up some feeling in her about her own weight and some jealousy. Even if she is smaller than you. You are about to change the dynamics in the relationship. I hope your friendship survives. Sometimes they don't. We are here for you when you need us.

Sunshine, just read your message!!!! I am in PA! We do miss each other usually! Couldn't get off without shouting out a good morning to you!!!! Now, I am outa here!!!! Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Danny i hope your wife is not the jealous type, cos you will be cruising with what i can only call is HOT HOT HOTTTTTT BABES !!!

She is pretty hot, those sunglasses will come in handy. I hope all of you luck #7s' are doing well. Danny

:faint:

Good morning Trystelle, and congratulations on making it to the other side! Looks like you've come a long way already--Good for you!! Keep us posted on your progress.

My adventure begins in a couple of hours. Don't know how much access I'll have during the next week, but I will get back to you all and let you know when ever I can.

Thanks again everyone! Your postings have ment so much to me. I looking forward to keeping in touch with all of you.

Good Luck on Monday with your surgery, I'm glad our day is finally here.:clap2::whoo:

Hey Danny... thanks for the advice! I am leaving at 5:45 am. I have been told I need to be at the airport 2 hours in advance and I have also been told 3 hours in advance. That means I have to leave either at 3:00am or 2:00 am to get to DFW airport from where I live. Did you have to arrive 2 or 3 hours before your flight!!

Dini,

I am in on the cruise!! Please add me to the list! I would love to meet you all in person!

Frustrated- Hello my fello Frisco friend!! This place is growing so fast it can't keep up with itself!! I do like it! We should have a DFW area get together!

Lanette,

You are very wise! Thanks for keeping us updated on what is to come!!

Chimboree,

Will you please send me the Powerpoint. I PMd you my email address.

Thanks!

Everyone Take care!

Hey Michelle, I left from a tiny reginal airport, I was about an 1hr and 15 min early, when I checked in and went through the security line and still waited for 45 min to board.

But if you are leaving out of Dallas, I would probably be between 2 and a half to 3 hrs. just in case. Remember no liguids on carry ons, not even Water, my wife had to throw away hairspray and hair gel(not to happy with me). Also if you have any liquids they have to be in a quart sized ziplock bag, and no more than 3 or 4 oz.

I'm proud of you, you are going to do well, I have a good feeling, talk to you soon. Danny

Hello everyone, its Saturday mid morning, at work again. I'm feeling so good, the port pain is a lot better, and the bloating and soreness is almost gone, I'm down 15 lbs in 4 and a half days(excited). I can't wait for the cruise. Have we decided where and when? Maybe I can turn my flabs into abs(HA, HA).

I want to tell everyone THANK YOU, for the amazing support you guys have been to me, I look forward to going to read everyones replies, I feel like I know all of you so well, I hope we have a full cruise ship full of bandsters. That calender is really filling up, Chimberee has done such a great job.

I will keep this group in my prayers and hope all of you are doing well, Danny

ReneeMarie, my husband and I just bought a Harley Davidson RoadKing. We love it! It is our first motorcycle.

That is awsome! Where do you live? Have you been to the Banded Bikers thread on here yet? Check it out. Maybe we can all meet up at a rally somewhere!

Cazulay I know what you mean also. I have a friend whom I used to go out to eat with 1-2 times a week. On the outside she tries to be supportive but I can't help but notice how since I started my liquid diet this last monday she talks about food everytime we talk or are together. Thursday we were in Kmart and she knows I love cotton candy and when we walked by it she said 'there's cotton candy......no more of that anymore.' I said that is ok (because honestly I haven't been hungry or craving anything since starting this liquid diet.......totally amazing myself) it doesn't even sound good.' She then said well I think it does so she picked up 2 containers. Then we are riding together in my car we get in and I asked her to hand me one of my Protein Drink from the cooler and she does and then opens her cotton candy and says 'you are going to get low blood sugar and you need some sugar in your system. I don't know how you can do it because I know I couldn't.' I told her I was fine and I am following my doctors and nutritionsists rules and I wasn't even hungry. Then she goes on to tell me about her fish sandwhich and fries for lunch. I just ignored and kinda had to laugh to myself. Then last night she calls me on the way home from the rocery store to see whatI am doing. I told her drinking my beef broth and reading. She goes on to tell me she just got groceries and is on her way home to make a taco bake and that she bought sweet corn yesterday and had that with their lunch and how good it was. I said to her 'you know that doesn't even sound good to me anymore and the broth actually is really good tasting and I can honestly say I am not hungry. Then I asked if she wanted to go for a bike ride with me today and she said no it is going to be to hot.

I think she is having a hard time adjusting to the change and I am realizing how much she obviously centered our friendship around food. I hope that we can maintain a good friendship and I am sure over time it will get better. I don't know. It will have to be her choice. I think of her much more than just a 'food buddy' and I hope she does as well.

Good luck with your friend also. I know how frustrating it can be. It makes me angry. Not because I am hungry and want to eat but because I feel like she is trying to sabatoge me. I am doing this for myself and my health and I am not asking her to help me but to be courteous and stop trying to make me 'jealous' of her eating. If I wanted to eat I would. If I didn't want to be healthy I would not go for the band but I have made my choice and my commitment to myself.

Sorry for suck the long rant. I am just frustrated with her right now and needed some place to vent about it with people who understand.

On the upside 9 days til I am banded:whoo::whoo::whoo:

jackie506, WOW, I am proud of you. Not only does it sound like you were able to get a lot off your chest, but you stood up to her, for yourself. Yeah. :clap2:

I think eventually we ALL will find ourselves in this situation at some time or another:phanvan, either pre band, or post band. It's not our fault that we have chosen to take a different road then they have:), and it's just as much our responsibility to know how they feel as it is for them to know how we feel. Communication is the key, and if they are a good friend, then they will be supportive, and if they are a food friend, it will be quite hard for them, not that it's unthinkable that they could be supportive, but it will be harder. Hang in there, and keep up the strength you have to turn down unwanted food. This is the key, and sooner or later, she'll get the picture and stop asking.

Marcy, hope you get to feeling better. The nause is the worst feeling post band. I'm so afraid of a slippage.:phanvan

Sunny, I don't thinkI'll be going back until August 6 (will find out Tuesday for sure) so we'll have a whole week to chat!!!!!:clap2:

I just got back from my 1 hour walk:whoo:. It was great, a little hot so I had to stop and get a Water, and right back out I went. I always feel so good after walking. It gets the day started off on the right foot, and I'm more likely to be physical the rest of the day, like getting out and going fishing, or to the park with my son. I love the way I feel right now.:o

I'm so glad to hear form all of you today. Seems like lots of people are riding these days. I'd call you all by name but I haven't figured out how to get mini quotes in here and I'm to lazy to go back after reading alllll these pages to find you. How do you all keep up with who said what?

Thanks everyone for being so supportive about my pre-op diet. I got up this moring and decided to start just liquids again. I was only required to lose 10 lb's(which I still have to lose thanks to my fall) and had a choice of 2 weeks with 2 shakes a day and small dinner or 1 week all liquids. So its a good thing I still have time to do the liquid phase.

I told my sister about this site, she will be signing up later today. We were talking this morning about diet drinks and she had not heard that we are not to have anything with carbonation in it, You all have been amazingly informative! I feel like I have learned more on here than any place else I've been readin.

Question: How long will it be before I can bend over with out pain? My surgery is the 24 and I have to coach motocycle classes on the 11th, I will be on my feet for 2 very long days and have to bend over all day long picking up cones. Will I be able to do it or should I find a sub?