Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Well - NO PHONE OR INTERNET Yesterday. I had some severe withdrawal!!!!

Normally I camp in July and August and don't really have internet but I EXPECT it, I know I won't have it. This was aweful. I picked up the phone in the a.m. and it was dead. About an hour later the internet didn't work either. Man, I was going crazy not being able to log on here and see what was going on. :omg:

Well guys, I don't know...I feel better but I still have a lot of gunk coming up from the cold. Tomorrow is my pre-op. We'll see - I am scared they are going to say no :cry . I am trying to rest.

Anyone have any ideas to clear all this phlegm (sp?) out of me before tomorrow? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I can't read all the other posts on this thread for some reason so I hope all is well with everyone.

BreadLady:sick

Hey BreadLady! I'm sorry you're still not feeling so well...How bout trying Mucinex??? It's over-the-counter and s'posed to work really well.

I hope you feel better really soon! I'm still praying for you.

Well - NO PHONE OR INTERNET Yesterday. I had some severe withdrawal!!!!

Normally I camp in July and August and don't really have internet but I EXPECT it, I know I won't have it. This was aweful. I picked up the phone in the a.m. and it was dead. About an hour later the internet didn't work either. Man, I was going crazy not being able to log on here and see what was going on. :omg:

Well guys, I don't know...I feel better but I still have a lot of gunk coming up from the cold. Tomorrow is my pre-op. We'll see - I am scared they are going to say no :cry . I am trying to rest.

Anyone have any ideas to clear all this phlegm (sp?) out of me before tomorrow? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I can't read all the other posts on this thread for some reason so I hope all is well with everyone.

BreadLady:sick

Hey BreadLady! I'm sorry you're still not feeling so well...How bout trying Mucinex??? It's over-the-counter and s'posed to work really well.

I hope you feel better really soon! I'm still praying for you.

Hey Laurend, go get tested!! My surgeon had me tested because it ranks as a co-morbidity for insurance purposes. Turns out that I have it pretty bad and during the testing they made me wear a mask. After that I researched and found out that sleep apnea can damage your heart. Don't let it go, you are going to want to have a strong heart to go with your new skinny body!!! :)

Breadlady, have you ever heard of Airborne? It's supposed to help with before you get sick but if I start to feel icky I start using it and it will help clear it up easier. I think all it is, is a whole bunch of Vitamins and minerals. It tastes disgusting but works wonders! Hope it helps.

Hi! Is there room for one more? I have my consultation on 6/25 and they said surgery would be just a couple of weeks after. That puts me in July but since I want to do it on a Friday I'm kind of limited. The first Friday we are on vacation (hopefully my LAST vacation feeling like a whale on the beach!) The second Friday is the 13th which I skipping for obvious reasons so I'm hoping for the 20th. I'm a little nervous but I really think this is the right choice for me. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and sharing the journey with others who understand. I'll work on reading the other 14 pages to catch up but I wanted to say HI! for now.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LYNETTE !!

HOWS EVERYONE DOING?

Breadlady how are you feeling! not long to go now! I hope your feeling better.

Great to have you Wannabthin. Join in the fun! Tell us a little about yourself.

Chickb13 - I think I have heard of it. Isn't that the stuff to use if you are going to fly on an airplane?

Chimboree26 - Thank you for your prayers. I have many people praying and it means a lot to me. Also, thanks for the info on Mucinex. Never heard of it. I went to the pharmacy to by my stuff for after surgery and took a look at it. I didn't buy it only because I feel it's kind of late to try it. But for next time good to know.

I have 10 hours before my pre-op appointment...so I guess I am as better as I am going to get.

I have this sinking feeling that I have a mild case or the beginnings of bronchitis. I get it several times a year. Not usually this time of year but go figure. I guess we'll see what happens tomorrow.

I am feeling discouraged. I feel like tomorrow they are going to say NO WAY. But if they do I know it's for the best. It's just disappointing. But I will try to keep a positive attitude until I know for sure tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for you well wishes.:)

Hello all,

I've been lurking and learning from you all for quite a while now. Reading the information on LBT has given me the courage to finally take that final step towards what I hope will be a healthier life.

I contacted Dr.Kirshenbaum's office after reading such positive things about him. Before I knew it, I had a consult date and a surgery date. It is set for July 18th @ 11:00 am. Is anyone else on this thread going to be in Denver on this date for Dr.K.? If so, it would be wonderful if we could meet and compare notes. Has anyone had a consult with his nutritionist yet? I have not spoken with her yet, but, it should be within the next couple of weeks or so. Does anyone know some good places to stay in Denver that would be close by Dr.K's office? I will be dependent on using taxi's for transport, and I'm hoping it won't cost a small fortune just to get around.

I'm a 58-yr old female, who is looking at this as my last chance in life to finally look like some kind of a normal human being. I've got over 100 lbs to lose... I don't want to die fat!

Thanks everyone who posts here... even though I don't know you, I have taken much strength from your words... you have blessed me.

jfk

HEY EVERYONE!

Hope all is going well. I have an appt w/my surgeon today and I'm excited. I'm not sure what the purpose of this is...I don't know if it's considered a pre-op b/c my date is so far away, but nonetheless, I'm excited.

My appt is at 11, so I've gotta go get ready b/c it takes about 2 hrs to get to his office. I will update ya'll when I get back!

My new life kicks off today, quite literally. I start the pre-op liquid diet today and I'm giving my two week notice at work. I'm a little scared at both prospects, but I'm trusting my instincts that both of these major life decisions will work out for the best. Here's to bold choices and new beginnings! :nervous

Hi y'all. I am back from vacation and family reunion with an additional 4 lbs of me. The band sure would have helped me this past week...:)

Seems like the group has been very busy. I had to look around and find the thread. It is under Monthly Support Groups.

Lynette, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! a day late. Mine was June 8.

Wanabthin and jfk, welcome. Can't wait to get to know you. Boy, JFK, that was fast scheduling of your date. Lucky thing.

Cherrybomb, I sympathize with you on that liquid diet. I can't believe you have to do it for 4 weeks....yuk!. My dr. doesn't require a pre-op diet.

BreadLady, I am sorry to hear you are not feeling better. You can still start on the Mucinex. It will help your cough up all of that junk. I hope you can still have your surgery tomorrow, but if not, it is for your saftey. Keeping you in my prayers here.

Dini, if they don't do the lapband there, what exactly are they doing. Obviously it is something similar. Being a nurse, I am interested in all that stuff. I hope I am not being to personal here. If so, just tell me NOMDB.

Chimboree, good luck on your dr. appt today.

I called the insurance for another reason and asked if they had received anything from my dr office for approval. They have and they are "reviewing it". the psychologist here is starting a group for individuals who may has food addiction issues. I was calling to see if it was covered and it is minus a $15 co-pay. I think I will try it out for a while in hopes that it will make working with the band easier. We will see.

Talk with y'all later.

Sunny~~~ I too just called my insurance to check on the status.... They are still waiting for the surgeon's office to fax over my info !!!! This is my SECOND call to them. I also called last week to find out nothing had been sent in !!! DAMN !!! Anyway just thought I should post this as a reminder to all to FOLLOW UP with your own case. Don't rely on the dr's office or the insurance co. Check it yourself. I have everything ready. All tests are done. All paperwork is handed in. My surgery date is July 7th. Only waitng for insurance approval !!!

How frustrating !!! :) :faint:

Hello Everyone,

I'm Corinna from Northern British Colombia, Canada. I'm being banded on July 12 (2 days after my Birthday). I start my 3 week pre-op diet on Thursday, June 21 - It consists of 30 min of exercise, lots of Water plus 3 Optifast shakes and 1 serving of raw or steamed vegetables per day - I'm really excited. They say it takes 21 days to form a new habit - so what an incredible opportunity this is !

Today when I began to look for my liquid Multivitamins I discoved the samples I was given to be very yucky tasting - does anyone have any suggestions for tasty liquid multi or any of the supliments we should be taking in the near future ?

Thanks - Corinna

JFK - There is a thread - still running current - for Dr. K called Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum. There's a bunch of folks to get info about his office and Denver. Marilyn in his office has a list of hotels near his office. And one of the surgery centers he uses is right accross the street from his office. I sure hope you're taking someone with you...you DO need some support while you're there. I'll be going in July with my sister.

Lynette - HAPPY BITHDAY! I think I unknowingly celebrated without you and gained some weight! Dang!

I've been incredibly BLAH for a few days. I'm not motivated to do anything! I don't feel depressed...is there a diagnosis of just "lazy and tired"? Hmmm....I've gained 5 lbs. this month and I'm irritated at myself for that. I'll be starting my pre-op diet in 1 1/2 weeks and I know I'll loose what I've gained, but it would've been nice to start smaller!

Purplegirl - as long as you excercise your skin should re-mold around your new shape. It is different for some who are severely obese and for those of us who had 12 1/2 lbs babies! I have hope that I'll be able to excercise my skin back into shape though! Since you are young, reconstructive surgery shouldn't even be much of an issue. Good luck!