Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are your surgeons policies on performing them? Mine is one year out or at least 100 lbs. my insurance covers the Tummy Tuck.< /p>

To those who've had the TT is it bad/painful? Does it make a difference??? Experiences needed. Thanks!

I had one about 10 years ago and it does make a huge difference. It is quite painful but after about 3 days the pain starts subsiding. If I had to do it all over again, I would without hesitation. It was well worth the money and pain.

I had a Tummy Tuck about 15 months post op. I also had a thigh lift at the same time. I needed no pain medication after I left the hospital. I love my tummy tuck. Post surgery I lost another 10 pounds. It makes all the difference in how clothes fit and look. Recovery was a breeze. I highly recommend one, especially if your insurance is covering it. If you were asking about a thigh lift, I would not be as encouraging. It took a full six weeks for me to be able to sit comfortably, my incisions started at groin and curved around my buttocks. I am not as thrilled with those results and still don't feel comfortable wearing anything that exposes my thighs.

Susan

I want to get a Tummy Tuck next year. How did you get your insurance to approve it? I thought no insurance companies covered "cosmetic" surgery. (Although I believe after a 100 lb weight loss, the amount of loose skin I have is uncomfortable and is an impairment.)

I would definitely go for it if my insurance would cover it!

I want to get a Tummy Tuck next year. How did you get your insurance to approve it? I thought no insurance companies covered "cosmetic" surgery. (Although I believe after a 100 lb weight loss, the amount of loose skin I have is uncomfortable and is an impairment.)

My assumption is you have to prove medical necessity. I used to work with children with cleft lip and palettes. We always had to document why nose jobs were necessary in order to get insurance to pay for it. I'd say we were successful 99% of the time and even then we could get payment on appeal.

I will discuss this with my surgeon. My plan was to apply for the panniculectomy through my insurance and then pay the difference for the full abdominoplasty. I wonder what kind of issues I would need to document to get my insurance to cover the abdominoplasty? I really want to get rid of my skirt and my jelly belly.

Typically any special care you have to take with the excess skin. Does it cause rashes, sweating, infections, etc... Your doctor can give better guidance as to what the insurance company requires.

I am 5 months out and have started documenting.

I have been to the PCP and the dermatologist. That Pannis sure is damn itchy (no joke) and it'll be really itchy for the next 13 months

My insurance covers paniculectomy at 18 months post op from wls

My insurance requires you to be no less than 18 months post-op, have medical documentation of at least 3 months worth of other treatments tried by your PCP, and photos of the area. My surgeon requires you to have lost 50% of your excess weight to submit to insurance. I should have everything complete and ready to go to insurance by March!

Hi, I posted this a few weeks ago on vets forum:

UPDATE: price was $15k for TT and arms combo.

Hi, not sure where to post this! General, over 50, slow losers??? So here I am Vets, as I thought that's who may have the most interest. I had my PS appt today, wanted to share the info I received. Hope it's helpful. First, my ins is Excellus BCBS. Here's the low down:

Appt was about 40 mins with the surgeon. I was worried he may say I need to lose more but he didn't. They won't do surg if you plan on dropping a substantial amount more of weight. He said very doubtful ins would pay for any of it. My insurance requires several things, just for panni. Mainly, the panni must be hanging below your privates (down to mid thigh area). Mine doesn't. Something else I didn't know, panni only allows them to cut below belly button, meaning...one cut then pull it all down and reattach. Your belly button will now be very low, skimming your groin area. He does TT and arm combos a lot, but won't do TT with breast lift. Would be separate procedures because TT pulling down, BL pulling up. Too contradictory. They're mailing me a price quote. Will see what if any I do, after I get that!

VSG Oct 2012

SW 303. Size 24

CW 225. Size 14/16

F/50

5'10

Highest weight ever(1997-2001): 390 size 34/4x

Lost this weight on my own