Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

STARVING! Liquid pre-op diet....

Thanks for all the positive motivation!! I havent cheated yet, still feel like I am starving but just keep drinking drinking drinking.... :D

I wanted to try to see if I could do a week test run on my pre op diet and see where the tweets needed to be done. I notice I'm ok until about mid afternoon and I'm starving. I want to just eat anything I can get my hands on. I'm sabotaging myself I can clearly see that but I just do not feel full at any point and time after mid afternoon. I'm drinking 60-70oz of Water a day and having the Protein Shakes to keep me full but I'm not sure if it mental cause it is not solid food or i'm I really hungry. Any real suggestions?

I wanted to try to see if I could do a week test run on my pre op diet and see where the tweets needed to be done. I notice I'm ok until about mid afternoon and I'm starving. I want to just eat anything I can get my hands on. I'm sabotaging myself I can clearly see that but I just do not feel full at any point and time after mid afternoon. I'm drinking 60-70oz of Water a day and having the Protein shakes to keep me full but I'm not sure if it mental cause it is not solid food or i'm I really hungry. Any real suggestions?

It just become a mental thing. By week one post op I wanted ANYTHING but another drink of Water or Protein Drink. I was discharged on full liquids so I could switch up and have Soup with Protein added in, but I wanted to chew. I finally started doing things to occupy my mind when I got really crazy. First it was easy stuff like playing games on the iPad, then I realized I had to do other stuff. I started walking back and forth in my house. My doctor was really conservative and had me on no lifting and no driving until after my 2 week follow up and I was going stir crazy. I just sucked it up and held out.

I wanted to try to see if I could do a week test run on my pre op diet and see where the tweets needed to be done. I notice I'm ok until about mid afternoon and I'm starving. I want to just eat anything I can get my hands on. I'm sabotaging myself I can clearly see that but I just do not feel full at any point and time after mid afternoon. I'm drinking 60-70oz of Water a day and having the Protein Shakes to keep me full but I'm not sure if it mental cause it is not solid food or i'm I really hungry. Any real suggestions?

There's no way around the hungry. You are taking in a lot less calories and nothing solid in your stomach to make you feel full. liquid runs right through a sleeve as well as a full sized stomach (I know, I've done barium swallows on myself and timed it). It is what it is. I was hungry my entire preop and on liquids for a total of 34 days. It's just a matter of commitment and knowing it's well worth it. I'd trade more than just a month of hungry for the 100 pounds I've lost anyday!

Edited by Kindle

I did not cheat on my pre-op diet either. I was on Clear Liquids with 2 Protein Shakes per day and was allowed one chicken breast(poached) or fish fillet(poached) daily. This went on until 24 hours pre-surgery during which time I was allowed nothing; including Water. It did suck and it was hard and I was a complete grouch.

This whole deal is difficult. It caused me to really change my mind about what is important and what I really want. Like anyone else, I want the end result but the work... not so much. I just decided to suck it up! I knew going into this that I would struggle to change lifelong behaviors and thought processes and its way harder than expected, but I want this enough to push past the discomfort. Staying in my comfort zone is how I became a candidate for WLS.

I'm still on pureed foods(which I'm so over) about 3.5 weeks post op and in the dreaded stall and I know that any other time in my life I would've quit after not seeing the scale budge for a week. But this wonderful tool is allowing me to push past and giving me the opportunity to change in so many ways; physically, mentally, emotionally. All I have to do is keep up my end. If a forever fatty like me can do it, anyone can. Dust yourself off and try again.

If you HAVE to eat, you can always make sugar free Jello. It is a clear liquid. You can also mix clear Knox Gelatin with your Protein drink.. Directions are on the Knox box.. To make Jello.< /p>

You can freeze them to make Popsicles or fudgesicles and, if your doc allows yogurt, mix chocolate powder in to make pudding.

Shave ice, add Liquid Protein to make a slushy or snowball.

Day 3 for me on this... Terrible wind pain in my chest though! Anyone else? X

Do you have heartburn? Maybe Zantac?