Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery tomorrow, some questions.

So I am new here, but have lurked about the forum for some time. My pre-surgery liquid diet has been very successful and I have lost over 20lbs. Awsome, but the question of whether I rushed into the surgery option is naturally creeping in now. Anyone else have this thought?

Also, just looking for any last minute advice, if you had one thing to tell someone to prepare them, what would it be?

relax!

You are not clear on how you think you rushed the surgery option. I can tell you, I wish I did this DECADES ago... I feel so much better and more in control than I ever have.

I was SO READY for the surgery, I couldn't wait!

You don't list your weight or specifics...but all I can say, if you have been approved, go for it and follow the program, it is meant for success, as are you!

I lost about 45 lbs before surgery, but I've also lost weight many times before. The surgery is permanent tool to help me maintain my physical cravings and provide a guardrail for overeating. I know I can lose weight, but Portion Control and hunger were the two of the physical reasons I put it back on. That's why I got the surgery and I can't imagine ever regretting it.

Last minute advice: The thought of the surgery is much worse than the surgery itself...BUT...allow yourself the recovery time necessary.

relax!

You are not clear on how you think you rushed the surgery option. I can tell you, I wish I did this DECADES ago... I feel so much better and more in control than I ever have.

I was SO READY for the surgery, I couldn't wait!

You don't list your weight or specifics...but all I can say, if you have been approved, go for it and follow the program, it is meant for success, as are you!

Thanks for your reply. My thought was that I have proven to myself that I can lose wieght when necessary by losing a bunch with the liquid diet, but I tend to agree with AlwaysVegas, I have done that before and a permanent tool is going to help me.

You're going to LOVE donating all of your huge clothes to goodwill!! Good luck to you!!

we've all been there...yo-yo'd...I have been "maintaining" for a year now... I would like to lose more, but I have physical issues (soon to be addressed since I have lost enough weight for surgery) ... once my knees are replaced, plan on go...go...going! :)

the tool you recieve with this surgery is such a gift... ;-) I can't even begin to tell you how it's turned my life around so far!!!

I'm more nervous of the surgery, than the food; this is my first time ever having surgery!

@msveej30 I had gallbladder surgery a few years ago...that was my first surgery...it was horrible...I had an attack just before Christmas and had to stay in the hospital for the surgery after Christmas, and my recovery time was more than for my WLS...this is laproscopic...so much better these days... it's a very good thing!

thanks so much! With me having anxiety, lord can they just knock me out when I get there? whew! ok, I won't dwell on it! lol

@@msveej30 It's normal to worry. But all you have to do is lie down. Everyone else does the hard work. :) I had a hernia surgery the year before, so I knew what to expect.

But really, once they give you the sedative before surgery...and that's ONE great sedative...it's all coasting. You just kick back, realize you're in great hands, then wait for them to tell you they're going to start the anesthesia. The nurses tell you the entire time what they're doing. "OK, we're going to take you to the OR now...", "We're going to take some blood so your surgeon can check your Vitamins..." That sort of thing. This is true pre- and post-op. Nothing is mysterious.

The last thing I remember before surgery was hearing, "OK, we're going to start the anesthesia..." and then I woke up. I was a bit dizzy, but it cleared pretty quickly. Ta-dah! Sleeved.

that makes me feel better!

I have anxiety issues too...but, like I said, I was more excited than nervous, I couldn't sleep the night before... but, fortunately my surgery was first thing...and they put you right out....nighty night :) ... when you wake up, you think it's been minutes, not hours...

let us know how it goes for you! :)

we've all been there...yo-yo'd...I have been "maintaining" for a year now... I would like to lose more, but I have physical issues (soon to be addressed since I have lost enough weight for surgery) ... once my knees are replaced, plan on go...go...going! :)

the tool you recieve with this surgery is such a gift... ;-) I can't even begin to tell you how it's turned my life around so far!!!

Hi I am going to be in your shoes soon. Surgery will happen hopefully in Dec., I am meeting the surgeon next week but I wanted to ask you was it your choice to wait over a year to do your knees? I am doing this surgery because I need to lose weight for knee replacdments. I hope to have mine done within 6 mths.