Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Check in: Week of Nov 17th Sleevers!

Hi pippinleicester here the 65year old computer dummy.I have questions, not about my surgery that went fine but i have to confess, after all you feel like friends now.I am completely useless on the computer,also not sure of the correct etiquette for sites like these.I love that all you people have the same surgery week as me and feel that it would be nice for us all to keep in touch as a group.Do we just keep posting on this thread (if that is the correct expression)or will there be a new one every week ?

Also sometimes when would like to comment on a particular part of a post but i only know how to get on at the end instead of the particular pot i want to comment on.I know it can be done but because people have done it to my posts.I would love it if somebody could help but do it simply as i don`t understand the terms used in computer speak.I bought a book computers for dummies and i couldn`t understand a bloody word.pippinleicester x

Hi pippinleicester here the 65year old computer dummy.I have questions, not about my surgery that went fine but i have to confess, after all you feel like friends now.I am completely useless on the computer,also not sure of the correct etiquette for sites like these.I love that all you people have the same surgery week as me and feel that it would be nice for us all to keep in touch as a group.Do we just keep posting on this thread (if that is the correct expression)or will there be a new one every week ?

Also sometimes when would like to comment on a particular part of a post but i only know how to get on at the end instead of the particular pot i want to comment on.I know it can be done but because people have done it to my posts.I would love it if somebody could help but do it simply as i don`t understand the terms used in computer speak.I bought a book computers for dummies and i couldn`t understand a bloody word.pippinleicester x

I am glad you are doing well post op. Every day gets easier! I think (with emphasis on think) that we'll keep the same thread. There are several November threads though...even one for those that had surgery the week of 11/17....so new ones could keep popping up. If you want to comment on a particular post you can click on the post (I am using the mobile version on my iPad) and it automatically gives you the option to like, quote, flag, etc. you can click on quote and that post will pull down in to your reply. I hope this helps!

Hi guys! I hope everyone is doing well with recovery ❤️I finally left the hospital yesterday. No regrets whatsoever, but I have to say...this entire experience was NOT what I expected. I know it was major surgery, but 9 out of 10 people that I talked to before surgery were like "oh, it just feels like you did too many sit ups! I didn't even need pain medication! Surgery was so easy! I was shopping on the third day!" So, I went into surgery thinking I would have some pain, but that it wouldn't be too terrible...I have had one heck of a time since waking up. Tachycardia and bradycardia heart spells, unbelievable gas pains that are still leaving me in tears and sleepless nights despite walking 6 rounds of the hospital hallways every day, difficulty breathing, a pulse of 140 from simply standing up, almost collapsing in the hospital hallway while walking...and that's not even counting the stomach pain. It has been a really difficult journey for me. I still am struggling with high pulse upon standing or simply walking to the kitchen...before surgery, I worked out 4 times a week with a trainer. Now with all these heart and breathing problems due to surgery, I am terrified I will never be able to run or lift weights again. I'm 5 days out now and I can still barely even get up out of bed or take a shower. I just want to know that it will get better ???? am I alone here? I keep reading about how well everyone is doing and I feel like I'm one of the very few people who has had a really hard time! Thanks guys ❤️

Hi guys! I hope everyone is doing well with recovery ❤️I finally left the hospital yesterday. No regrets whatsoever, but I have to say...this entire experience was NOT what I expected. I know it was major surgery, but 9 out of 10 people that I talked to before surgery were like "oh, it just feels like you did too many sit ups! I didn't even need pain medication! Surgery was so easy! I was shopping on the third day!" So, I went into surgery thinking I would have some pain, but that it wouldn't be too terrible...I have had one heck of a time since waking up. Tachycardia and bradycardia heart spells, unbelievable gas pains that are still leaving me in tears and sleepless nights despite walking 6 rounds of the hospital hallways every day, difficulty breathing, a pulse of 140 from simply standing up, almost collapsing in the hospital hallway while walking...and that's not even counting the stomach pain. It has been a really difficult journey for me. I still am struggling with high pulse upon standing or simply walking to the kitchen...before surgery, I worked out 4 times a week with a trainer. Now with all these heart and breathing problems due to surgery, I am terrified I will never be able to run or lift weights again. I'm 5 days out now and I can still barely even get up out of bed or take a shower. I just want to know that it will get better ???? am I alone here? I keep reading about how well everyone is doing and I feel like I'm one of the very few people who has had a really hard time! Thanks guys ❤️

I am sorry to hear that things didn't go as well as you had hoped. I think every body is different and reacts in different ways. I am sure that while your journey may be a little tougher in the beginning, you will still be successful in the end! Hang in there and keep your chin up!

@@becweaves thank you so much!!! I appreciate those kind and encouraging words ???? I am so hopeful that things will get better soon!! Fingers crossed!

I have to say...this entire experience was NOT what I expected. I know it was major surgery, but 9 out of 10 people that I talked to before surgery were like "oh, it just feels like you did too many sit ups!

I'm glad you are out of the hospital! Wow, it sounds like you have had quite a time of it.

I would have to agree that the surgery was not what I expected in that the initial gas pain was so severe that if I didn't know it was gas pain, I would have thought I was having a heart attack. Having had laparascopic surgery 20 years ago for my gall bladder I knew what it was, however, it was way worse this time. That being said, I have been blessed with no complications to this point. My husband has been taking me to the mall everyday so I can walk which I have to say is great fun. After all- what husband willingly goes to a mall and walks around with his wife?! LOl.

Good Morning Everyone! Happy Thanksgiving to all. So we have all gotten through the first week. Yay! How is everyone doing? Fortunately all is fine here. I find it weird to just drink and at night I tend to be sore, but otherwise, the recovery has not been complicated.

So on this day of gratitude I am thankful for this opportunity to start a new life journey and I wish all of my fellow "sleevers" good health and happiness.

Happy Thanksgiving Y'all. ???? Six days post-op and feeling great!!! Going to a big Thanksgiving feast today. I'll be the one not eating, but just giving a silent thanks that as of today I'm not diabetic and celebrating being alive with my beautiful family.

Two quick questions...anyone daring to shop for Black Friday this early out of VSG??

Also anyone get a pain in the lower left stomach when you're full??! It only when I drink more than 3 ounces of Fluid.< /p>

Hi everyone, well back to work tonight after only 10 days.I feel as though this surgery has been absolutely right for me and i look forward to my new sleeved life.I know i have to learn how to use this wonderful tool i have been given but with all the wonderful resources out there i know i will succeed Bless you all.pippinleicester.

Hi all week of November 17th sleevers!! Check in and let us know how you are doing!!!!!

Here's my check in for today:

Surgery date 11/19

Heaviest weight: 275

After pre-op diet (day of surg): 262.2

Today's weight: 245.4

Total weight loss: 29.4 pounds!

I am feeling really well. I only still have a little bit of pain on my left side. I have been tolerating foods very well. Haven't pushed the envelope too much mostly still on liquids, but have had some canned chicken and soft vegetables.

I will be going back to work on Monday Dec 1st.

I hope everyone else is doing great as well!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving Y'all. ???? Six days post-op and feeling great!!! Going to a big Thanksgiving feast today. I'll be the one not eating, but just giving a silent thanks that as of today I'm not diabetic and celebrating being alive with my beautiful family.

Two quick questions...anyone daring to shop for Black Friday this early out of VSG??

Also anyone get a pain in the lower left stomach when you're full??! It only when I drink more than 3 ounces of Fluid.

How did you do on Thanksgiving? Did you decide to go shopping?

I typically shop all day from 2am to evening however, this year I only went to Kohls because I didn't want to over do it! I shopped for about 3 hours and that was plenty!

just checking in! how is everyone doing? had my surgery on the 17th, my first week check in with my dr. and everything is going marvelously. i will admit, i cheated the liquid diet on thanksgiving with 1 spoon of each: yams, lima Beans, collard greens and potato salad (which i mashed to mush). i had an awesome holiday, nibbled and pecked on my saucer all day long, no one noticed a difference or questioned me, and i was very happy.

i am back on liquid diet today. lol.

@@becweaves

I didn't shop. ???? I wanted to, badly, but decided it was more of not having the energy. Lol Online shopping doesn't compare.

Here's my stats:

Surgery date 11/21

Preop diet weight: 291

Day of Surgery): 281

Today's weight: 261

Total weight loss: 30 pounds!

I had an uh-oh freak out moment last night. My daughter had a stomach virus and without thought, I picked her up (50lbs). Afterwards the top of my rib age felt sore. I called my surgeon this morn and he said I probably pulled a muscle and should be fine. The worry with lifting after VSG is hernias at incisions sites, but since I was laparoscopic that decreases the chances. I shared my fear of tearing my new tummy and said it was virtually impossible unless I over ate or ate the wrong thing.

Other than that...I'm great!! So far so good!!!!

Here's my stats:

Surgery date 11/21

Preop diet weight: 291

Day of Surgery): 281

Today's weight: 261

Total weight loss: 30 pounds!

I had an uh-oh freak out moment last night. My daughter had a stomach virus and without thought, I picked her up (50lbs). Afterwards the top of my rib age felt sore. I called my surgeon this morn and he said I probably pulled a muscle and should be fine. The worry with lifting after VSG is hernias at incisions sites, but since I was laparoscopic that decreases the chances. I shared my fear of tearing my new tummy and said it was virtually impossible unless I over ate or ate the wrong thing.

Other than that...I'm great!! So far so good!!!!

That's awesome!!!!! Keep up the good work!! No more lifting!!