Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2015 Banders

Google, YouTube, this App and the Book (the big book on the Lapband). That will keep you busy for the next few months.

Skip past negative remarks, read all the success stories and decide to be ONE. Starting the New Year off thinking of your Health is the best place to start, and you have taken that step.

My date is set for January 8th. I am excited and worried at the same time. I start my pre op diet on boxing day. This is long over due and I can't wait to start my journey. I am worried about sticking to the plan and that my brain won't coopetate;). Count down is on!

I am having the lap band procedure. In Canada (Ontario ) the procedure is not covered so I am paying out of pocket. It is a big investment so I am keeping positive and focusing on my skinny (smaller) future:)

Hi everyone,

Newbie here. I started my liquid diet yesterday (I started early) mandated to start it tomorrow. I see surgeon tomorrow, scheduled for EGD Friday. First weigh in pre op 12/26, labs and anesthesia appointment the 29th, primary care physician appointment the 30th and lapband January 9th. I have already done all my dietician appointments. I started looking into this back in September first doctor and seminar I went to increased their price by $4,000 so I found another doctor and since I been working with this office things really took off and everything falling into place. January 9th used to seem so far away now, not so much. Excited to get this journey underway!

Hi everyone, hope you all are having a blessed day. I am 5 days post-op. Healing great. Still sore around my port site but that is expected. I have ALOT of restriction which is AMAZING! I already love my band so much. So happy I chose to have surgery and reclaim my life. Congrats to all of you as well who has made the decision. You will not regret it!

Dear Flmommyof2: I am new to the lap-band. I have met with a surgeon here in California, but because of the holidays, I must wait until the New Year to get started. I have read some on-line documents and yesterday I received Alex' book on the lap-band. How did you feel after surgery? How long were you in the hospital? Please let me know. Good luck on your recovery. Thanks.

Solagirl

Hi Solagirl:) YaY on your upcoming surgery:D I was in the hospital just one day. When I woke up I was very groggy, in and out and SO thirsty lol. They made sure I didn't hurt by giving me Morphine so pain was mild. They want you to walk as much as you can as soon as you feel up to it. I did that night. You will notice the restriction of your band as soon as you drink something. I know I did and my band is empty still. That night off of my dinner tray I ate a Popsicle. I was full lol. It's odd because it's a liquid once it melts but that tells you what kind swelling there is after surgery. I'm 6 days out and liquids do move through quicker now. But I still only can eat about 2-3oz of food. I reuse Jello cups to eat out of bc of the size. I can comfortable eat a half of a jello cup of food and be full. It's amazing:) I wasn't going to weigh yet but I couldn't resist. I've lost 6 more lbs since my surgery. So that's your proof it works:) I haven't even started exercising again yet either. Gonna heal completely first. My stomach healed pretty quickly. I am still pretty tender around my port site but its healing great to. Keep me informed on how it goes hun. You will be so proud you made the decision to be banded!! :D

Edited by flmommyof2