Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Advise please

I am 15 months out. I'm 5'2 weigh 142lbs and wear a size 8 jean. I run/fast walk 3 days a week for 1 hour, yoga 1-2 days a week and pilates 1-2 days a week. And walk moderate speed another 5 days a week for 30 minutes (this is during my breaks with a co worker to keep her motivated and separate from my "real" work outs).

Even with all that I still have this awful roll around my middle. What am I doing wrong? I really do not want to have plastics.

Anyone have recommendations on what I can do to feel better in my new body?

post-177279-14153711414547_thumb.jpg

If it is excess skin I am not sure anything will help except plastic surgery. :(

Have you tried a personal trainer? Most gyms give you a free assessment with a trainer. Maybe you can get an idea of what type of specific exercise you need for that area.

Congrats on your weight loss....you are doing great!

Your muscle tone may be great based on the exercises you are doing. But your skin has been stretched due to being overweight and that likely will never be taught again. This could be your muffin top issues and likely only plastics will resolve that problem. For us that cannot afford plastics thank God for spanks!

Edited by jjinWA

You've lost more than I have, we weigh about the same and I also have a horrible roll in my middle, (size 4 pants\jeans). I don't see it as much under clothes, but damn! It looks awful! I exercise 5x per week with core toning and it's not going anywhere! I've been in maintenance for 5 months, but have decided to lop off another few pounds in the hope of getting it to go down some. I never thought I'd do plastics as I always carried my weight all over, I don't have a pannus, but I'm re-thinking the Tummy Tuck now. Between that roll and the puddle of skin above it... Ewww.

Ok, this is not for everyone. Its a personal choice.

I have the same issue with roll/excess skin. I started corset training in my 5th month. It's a gift to myself. My natural waist started at 40 inches. in two weeks its a 36. I have an inch to go to get my corset to completely close at a 32. After that I will get a consult for what size corset I need next. Benefits for me..It supports my back and gives me curves that I have never had.

Again this is not for everyone and yes it is a body modification.

They have just started a workout corset. Its not just for women.

TEC0657_black_workout_cincher_front__307

I am not sure if corset training eliminates excess skin - would be interested to hear!

I did wear Spanx etc under clothes and it did wonders to hold that skin in place. In fact, I managed to use that skin strategically and give me hips etc...haha.

@@jenn1 You said you will get a consult? Is there a company that offers this??

It wont make excess skin go away. It is a steel boned corset. It does move your rib cage in. It distributes your body fat to your hips and bust. Making a smaller natural waistline

@@jenn1 You said you will get a consult? Is there a company that offers this??

Yes I use orchard corset..im not representing them..lol. if you do some searching on the web there are more retailers just make sure its a steel boned corset. On orchards web site

They have videos to help you measure for a corset. Once you have that. You can consult with them off the website or on the phone to get the size and best corset model for your body.

Edited by jenn1

If it is excess skin I am not sure anything will help except plastic surgery. :(

Have you tried a personal trainer? Most gyms give you a free assessment with a trainer. Maybe you can get an idea of what type of specific exercise you need for that area.

Congrats on your weight loss....you are doing great!

Do to a couple complicated issues I do not have access to a personal trainer. I've been utilizing videos and classes provided at my employer along with their fitness center. And running a route on my neighborhood. Now that I'm in maintenance I'm wanting to tone and build muscle. This spare tire around my middle irritates me.

I can't afford plastics and can't justify it if I could. Kids need braces and other things more important then my own comfort.

I'm not sure about the corset. Do you have to wear it for ever and all the time? That's one I will have to do some extensive research on to see if I'd want to try it.

I had hoped there would be some exercises that I could do to help make it less noticeable. It's depressing to be so close to where I want to be but still look this way.

@@jatherley

You can look up corset training on you tube. No you don't wear it forever. You go to the waist size you want. I have seen some freakishly small 15 inch waistlines....I'm going for proportionate.

You've lost more than I have, we weigh about the same and I also have a horrible roll in my middle, (size 4 pantsjeans). I don't see it as much under clothes, but damn! It looks awful! I exercise 5x per week with core toning and it's not going anywhere! I've been in maintenance for 5 months, but have decided to lop off another few pounds in the hope of getting it to go down some. I never thought I'd do plastics as I always carried my weight all over, I don't have a pannus, but I'm re-thinking the Tummy Tuck now. Between that roll and the puddle of skin above it... Ewww.

I had originally planned to go lower but when I got down to 139 I was pulled aside at work and was told that I was starting to get a sickly look about me and maybe I shouldn't try to loose anymore. That made me reevaluate my goal. Right now I'm just trying to maintain. I'm bouncing between 139 and 144 and I'm ok with that. But I still want to look good and I just don't.

I don't plain to do the corset training but I'm going to use compression garments. I just ordered some pants and a top. I have a colleague who lost close to 200 non surgically and she said when it started coming off that's what she did. I'm six weeks out and feeling great. I'm hoping if I start early I can avoid needing skin removal surgery.