Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 months Post Op, Struggling-Mentor Needed

Hi, I had the RYN Dec. 2013. I've lost 80 lbs. from my highest weight and 60 lbs. since surgery. Although I am so grateful for the surgery, I feel very frustrated that I am not losing more weight and am struggling with my Protein, Water and daily Vitamins. I am highly motivated to lose more weight in a healthy way but really am looking for a mentor to help guide me along. My surgeon retired 3 months after my surgery and I just feel lost. I am 5"4 and 190 lbs and have teetered between 188 and 190 for months. I had surgery on my foot 2 months ago which inhibited me from excercising. I would love some help and advice from others who have been successful. I want so badly to figure this out. :)

Hi there. I'm 1 yr. 4 Mon. Out. Lost 130 lbs. 7 more to go. I've hit a plateau for like a month now. Very annoying. The last ten lbs. Is the hardest. I just have to be patient.. it will come off when its ready to come off. People loose at different rates. I too have a hard time getting Protein and Water in. But I keep on drink, drink, drink, and chew, chew, chew......

Wow, you have been so successful! I have stayed at the same weight for months and am so frustrated. I am 189 lbs. and really should be around 160. Until recently, I have not been able to eat any meat, I cannot eat eggs as they make me gag. Now, I can tolerate a small amount of white chicken that I mix with a little olive oil mayo and put on some Wasa bread. Until the last month, I feel as though I probably ate under 500 calories a day, and now that I am more hungry and eating more often, I am gaining weight. I would love to hear from anyone who has any advice and I'd love to hear what has worked for you! Please help me get to a healthier weight. I'm feeling desperate at this point.

Before my surgery I always ate. After surgery I'm never hungry. I don't think about food. I have to look at the clock to see when to eat. Its like my hunger button turned off. I have a hard time getting enough Protein and Water in. I feel full all the time

Have you read the book Success Habits of Weight Loss Surgery Patients? http://www.bsciresourcecenter.com/proddetail.php?prod=2.SHBook

It's full of basic steps to follow to help keep you on track. Like not drinking with your meal. Focusing on Protein. Exercise... maybe it's time for you to read up like you did pre-surgery and get back to basics. And, even though your doctor retired, you might try contacting your insurance to see if nutritional counseling would be covered. They would probably be more helpful than a surgeon if you aren't having complications.

You'll find lots of support on this site but you need to educate yourself for what you should be eating and doing and then, the hard part, do it! :)

Best wishes

Thanks for the advice. Right now, I'm getting ideas from what others eat and am making my own menu for the week versus just winging it. Also, my husband took my bike down and although I've had 4 surgeries in 15 months on my foot, I just took my boot off and will start slowly biking with my bike in home on the trainer. I think just being aware of eating more Protein, drinking my Water and exercising will all help me move in the right direction.

I had surgery in March it is certainly harder the first months you lose quickly I ha've lost 90 lbs my doctor said I'm doing ok looking forward to hearing from some buddies