Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded at Northwest Weight Loss (Everett)

Hello all -- got my surgery date yesterday!! July 11th is the big day...all my consults went well and Dr. Watkins was nice, as was everyone else there. I do have to have sleep testing done and wonder if anyone knows someone who does that in the Bremerton area?

PineNut -- sounds like you are ready for a fill!!! Good luck with your first one.

What did you guys use for the first couple of weeks post-op? Can I stay on the medifast shakes or do I need something else? It is less than two weeks until my surgery with Dr. Michaelson.

ShellMar where are you? How did it go? Give us an update!

I get my fill on Thursday and am really ready to be there!

Hi Everyone,

I was banded last week on the 21st by Dr. Michaelson. I am now feeling pretty good and went back to work today!

I have been browsing this website for awhile but I'm very excited as I just stumbled upon this particular NWWLS thread. So, I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself, and of course, say congrats to each of you for taking this next step in the rest of our lives. I feel blessed to have such a support team!

On a side note- is there anyone from the eastside? I am from Spokane.

Hello carebears, welcome aboard, unfortuately I have not been banded yet (July 11th!), but am excitedly and nervously awaiting a sleep testing date or otherwise it will hold up my surgery!

I'm from Bremerton, WA, sorry, not from anywhere near Spokane, but this place can make it seem like a very small world..... :-)

Hey all was banded at NWWLS. They are all wonderful. Im 10 days out and im about to lose my mind with liquids! Only 4 days to go for mushies if i dont end up smacking someone first!

HELP! I need some information on a support group in Silverdale, WA. I can't seem to find a post that told me about it, dang it. I would really like to meet others over in this area. Thanks.

ShellMarr where are you? How did it go? Give us an update!

I get my fill on Thursday and am really ready to be there!

HEY!! I'm doing better now.... day 8 Post-Op... Hey, what time were you are NWWLS on Thurs?? My sister & I were there at 2:30pm for our one week follow-up.

Hehehe.... we are band twins!! Both Dr. Michaelson at NWWLS on 6/21!! :clap2:

Hi Everyone,

I was banded last week on the 21st by Dr. Michaelson. I am now feeling pretty good and went back to work today!

I have been browsing this website for awhile but I'm very excited as I just stumbled upon this particular NWWLS thread. So, I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself, and of course, say congrats to each of you for taking this next step in the rest of our lives. I feel blessed to have such a support team!

On a side note- is there anyone from the eastside? I am from Spokane.

Hey all was banded at NWWLS. They are all wonderful. Im 10 days out and im about to lose my mind with liquids! Only 4 days to go for mushies if i dont end up smacking someone first!

Your so funny!! What did of liquids are you eating? Just wondering... I've still got 6 days left til mushy....

Welcome!

Hey all. I was up there at 1 pm and was gone by 1:30. I would have hung around if I knew you guys would be there! I was actually at my brother's (one exit before the office) waiting to see if I would need to go back for an unfill.

I had Esther attempt my first fill. We both thought the port was in the same place, but after 2 tries and then a puddling of blood - she hit a cappilary- she went to get Jessie to do it. Jessie came in and hit the darn thing no problem (it was about an inch down and over from where Esther thought) and it was less of a stick from her. I am a bit bruised today, but no pain, just tenderness.

I went in to drink some Water and it was a different sensation, kind of a pooling in your chest. BUr I had blended Soups last night and some soggy Cereal this AM and then I had some fish for dinner. I haven't felt any sliming stuff since yesterday right after the fill. I felt a bit slobbery or phlem-y. THat's why I hung around Lynnwood for a bit. It is a different feeling and now I have to watch the speed I am eating at. Seems the last couple weeks of eating have spoiled me.

:rain: Can you believe how much rain came down today? I thought it was June?

Oh that is a bummer PineNut that we missed each other....we were even in the parking lot at 2pm walking laps!! LOL When is your next appointment for some thing? Ours is Aug 2nd for possible fill and we will also be there July 9th for the support group meeting at 7pm.

Our fill is scheuled with Esther too!! But I KNOW where my port is...since I've already had an UN-fill due to swelling... it is just to the right of where my scar will always be from the incission (sp?) I think the hardest part until I get down in size is to get BOTH my legs lifted off the table during it.... when I had my UN-fill... Dr. Michaelson did it and because I could not lift my legs, he had me do a partial crunch...that seemed to work fine, cuz he got right in and out!! WWoohhhooo!!

I'm so glad I read this post from you.... the way you explain things is wonderful.... now I know what to watch for and also what not to freak out about, because I will know it's "normal"

I know.....the rain is just crazy....but hey...we may get 90+ on the 4th and NO rain!! :whoo:

ShellMar,

You know I didn't even know I had 3cc in mine until I went for the fill? I had seen some other posts about being filled at surgery but I thought it was not done here. NO biggie, but I wonder why some hold much mor than others?

I sent a post but I think my computer freaked...I was asking how tall you were since out stats are pretty colse. Also I was asking who your sister was and if she posts also?

I am glad you don't mind my ramblings, but sometimes I think more info may be better. At least I try to edit myself...my cousin has scared all the other family members by sharing too much about her pregnancy! SOme things are better kept unless specifically asked about. You know?

But then we can always share a poop story here! I have found that red grapes - the ones from costco are really good right now- have been monumental in keeping things moving for me! Ha ha.:thumb: