Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best Liquid Meal Replacement/Protein Shakes

...oh, not to mention that until today I've been getting no more than 20g of Protein (if that) a day. Bad, I know. But thanks to this thread I can be rid of the dizzy spells and moodiness =D My husband and son couldn't appreciate you more!

Pre made choc EAS shakes are awful!!!! OMG YUCK!! I use the Van and Choc Unjury in milk not bad at all. I tried the chicken broth one and it was not bad. I added the unflavored to some ricotta but it made it taste weird. So for now I am going to stick to the Van and Choc.

I am in my liquid diet pre-op stage right now and it has been very difficult. I have to be on it until Dec 4th, then a few weeks after surgery. My advice to all those just starting, you MUST drink enough Protein every day. If not, you will feel very weak. Also, after you get through the first 3 days, you should feel alot better. I know I did.

I have been drinking muscle milk. I am switfching to unjury chocolate once it arrives in the mail. Muscle milk has a little more fat and carbs than what my Dr. wants. I am hoping the Unjury is good like everyone says. I also ordered a few sample packets of the other flavors.

I also like the Isopure. I shouldn't say 'like', I should probably say, tolerate. It is kind of like Gatorade but it leaves like a weird film in your mouth and then like jelly stuff. Anyone else get that? It is worth 40 grams of Protein though so it is worth it.

My Dr. told me to get some metamucil because people get constipated on this protein liquid diet. I am having the opposite problem (I'll spare you the details ;)). Does anyone know if metamucil works for Constipation and diarreah? I don't to take it and end up in the bathroom all the time....

I haven't tried unjury yet, but so far my fave's been Body Fortress in vanilla, found at Wal Mart. It's CHEAP ($14) and good, IMO. I added half a banana once to be a little different and it was deeelicious!

I too have tried the Isopure liquid Protein drinks, and it also left a weird film in my mouth and throat...blegh! Great source of Protein, but not worth it to me...

Got my first fill and am finally on solids! Yippeeee!!!!

weight.png

Hi Michiganer,

I did the liquid diet from Aug 9th- Nov 5th!! So trust me I know how hard it is lol. The first 4 weeks I did 3 shakes a day NOTHING else 750 cal a day. I only lost 16 pounds, so the Dr had me start eating 2 pieces of fruit a day. Or 2 shakes and a a small chicken breast. Toward the ead I was only drinking 2 shakes a day and eating some fruit. I really got used to it and was not hungey because the shakes they had me on were great! They had 35 mg of protien and I really was not hungry, yes I wanted food but was not hungry. I lost 43 pounds before my surgery and was very happy with that! The shakes were V.H.P shakes and you can find them online. However after the surgery they didn't want me drinking them because the have 15 gm of sugar and also I used to add 3 cups of Water so it would take me all day to get it down. They also want me to keep my protien between 40-65mg a day including my food.< /p>

The unjury is great! I bought a sample of all the flavors and ordered the Van and Choc. To me they are really pretty good.

I have not heard of anyone being consipated from the protien in fact I was told I would be "loose" which I was. I would NOT take the metamusil unless you get binded up.

I LOVE my band! The first two weeks was very rough for me pain wise, and I still have some discomfort, but everyone is different. Yesterday I ate a few potato chips and had a bite of this and that, but was not able to stuff my slef like I have for all these years! I could NOT be happier! I am losing about a pound a day right now! I know it will not keep at this rate but for now I am so excited! At this rate I will be below 300 by Christmas! Good luck! and drop me an e-mail and let me know you are doing!

Amy sounds like you are doing great! I go back to the Dr Dec 18th and I guess I'll get my first fill. even though I know I could eat more I have been eating about 1oz- 2oz at a time and I an not hungry and the weight is coming off! I tried to get the shakes at Walmart but they only had choc. Have you ever tried the chco one? The Unjury is very good though.

Best Wishes!

Thanks wishes4444! I am waiting on a bottle of chocolate Unjury to arrive. I called my doctor and they said that any Soup broth would be fine too. That really helps because I get to have something warm and tasty instead of cold and sweet. I can feel the pounds melting off so that is good. Hopefully after my surgery when I am on mushies, the diarreah will go away :) I am kind of embarassed at work when I have to go to the bathroom so much. Anyway, I will keep you updated on my progress. Thanks for the suggestions! Trisha

Muscle Milk is good, but when I looked at the label, almost had heart failure, alot of fat and carbs!!!

I like the Isopure low Carb chocolate mixed with sugarfree Carnation Instant Breakfast, also the Designer whey unflavored mixed with the Instant Breaksfast strawberry.

Picked up Protein to Go at GNC in Orange Mango, its powdered Protein, 10 grams that you mix with a bottle of Water.

I am very picky and thought I would hate the Protein drinks but I love chocolate unjury. It is great. The unflavored is okay but it I can always tell smell it when I add it and it bothers me. The chocolate Unjury in 8 ounces of milk tastes like chocolate milk. No weird smell or texture. I also like the vanilla.

I did mix the unflavored in squash casserole and mashed potatoes and it wasn't too bad but I don't like it in liquids.

Skinny Jill,

I know I love the Injury Choc and Van as well. I do agree 100% with you on the unflavored, when you add it to something it just changes it a little and then i don't like it. So I am sticking to the choc and van that I LOVE!! YUMMY YUMMY!

Muscle Milk is good, but when I looked at the label, almost had heart failure, alot of fat and carbs!!!

I like the Isopure low Carb chocolate mixed with sugarfree Carnation

i just purchased muscle milk to help me get through this fill. i was feeling tired because i needed Protein. the calories are just too high though, it throws off my whole day. plus, it is very sweet IMO. i can get it down, but i would sure like something a little less sweet and little lower cal.

I also like the Isopure. I shouldn't say 'like', I should probably say, tolerate. It is kind of like Gatorade but it leaves like a weird film in your mouth and then like jelly stuff. Anyone else get that? It is worth 40 grams of Protein though so it is worth it.

Isopure (clear) was good when I bought it -pre surgery....but something about it when you're trying to heal changes...I couldn't get it down. $5.00 a bottle down the drain for me, but if you can tolerate - that's awesome since it does have a HUGE amount of Proteins.