Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best Liquid Meal Replacement/Protein Shakes

I think you would have to call HMR directly for info on that, all I know is I use the products and they work extremely well for me and I can take them anywhere, even in my purse, so when hunger strikes, I can make a 2 pack shake in a bottle of Water and I'm happy, and can lose weight.

I like whey Protein powder mixed in a little milk. (4-6 oz.) I buy it at GNC and Walmart. The brand at Walmart is called Body Fortress and the one from GNC is the big gray jug..can't remember the name right now. I have only tried the vanilla from Walmart, but it is good. It foams a little when you shake it which the GNC ones don't. From GNC I like the chocolate and the chocolate caramel. Haven't tried their vanilla or strawberry.

If you are going to get protein powder the key is to get one LOW in carbs and HIGH in protein...but not too high. I've been told (by a doc) that our bodies can't use more than around 25 g per serving. So just use one scoop instead of two!

:)

The best Protein Powder I have found in the Champion Brand from Super supplements. They have a banana flavor that really tastes like a banana cream pie.

Hi everyone,

I have some question about the 2 day pre-op diet Dr.Waldrep has his

patients on before surgery.The list said it's ok to have cream of wheat

is that with or without butter and or milk does it matter? and the

custard do you guys know if that includes Rice pudding, Tapioca, and or

Flan?

And as for the 1 week post-op diet errrr.....it's ok to have the pre-

mixed clear Protein Drinks, which kind are good? is there such a thing

as clear Protein drinks? it says to (avoid shakes ) I thought all

protein drinks are shakes hmm? One last question does any one know of

any recipes for (strained thin Soups? )Sorry if these are silly

questions as you can tell I don't know of anyone who has had the band

that I could ask.

Thank you everyone and I sooo really happy we have a place to go to for

answers to our questions, Thanks a million

Any pre-op diet suggestions? Haven't seen the nutrionist yet but i am motivated and started changing my diet since my hospital scare on Saturday...

i'm now on my 2-day pre-op diet too. but bc i'm now getting so nervous and anxious about my pending surgery, i'm finding that i'm really nit picking every lil thing. i'm thinking this is a GOOD THING! it doesn't seem to be near as hard as i thought it would be. so many helpful people on this site. thanks to all!

Just a thought for people who have found a vanilla Protein powder they like..

My g'father makes a dreamsykle with Meal Replacement vanilla powders & diet orange soda.

He mixes a scoop of the vanilla powder, 1c of orange diet soda, and 1c of ice, blend in a blender... makes a dreamsykle smoothie.. I've never tried it, but he says they're good!

Hi to everyone,

My bestest is Isopure Protein drinks the Blue Raspberry for 20oz you get 40grams of protein not bad ...also I have been using Unjury which is really good too!the web site is Welcome to the UNJURY Homepage I like the unflavored and the chicken Soup. What you can do is order sample packets that way you know if you like them, matter of fact I'm going to order some today. Also let me add this I haven't tried any other protein mixes or drinks because thes two that I talk about have done me REAL GOOD .

Good Luck

Kelli

banded 9/25/07

begin weight 189

today 10/2/07 180.5

I know there are at least two of you who've mentioned Wal Mart's Body Fortress in Vanilla. Can I just say THANK YOU! This stuff is delicious (mixed it w/ low fat Lactaid milk)!!! I've been dreading these Protein shakes; I've tried the Isopure Protein drinks (the one in the glass bottle) and I wasn't into it at all (really not bad at all, just got tired of it). Anyway, this Body Fortress stuff is great and kind of tastes like cake batter milk. It's not thick, maybe barely thicker than milk. I love it!

Thanks all!

:whoo: