Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best Liquid Meal Replacement/Protein Shakes

I tried this last night and found it tasty. I took a can of refried Beans and mixed it with a can of enchilada sauce to thin it out to the consistency of Soup. I mashed any beans to oblivion. It was really tasty. A little spicy but I like spicy.

See I don't understand how you function on 3-4 slim fast drinks a day? I tried to diet on my own with only 4 shakes a day and I could bearly move I was soooo weak?? HELP!

Ann

Ann...

It's a matter of un-doing lots of head games we have played all our lives. Mom always said if we don't eat we will be weak. This is SOOO not true, but we believe it is true thus, it becomes true.

Fat is stored ENERGY. When you have no carbs to burn you will burn fat. Fat is energy.

The head games are the very hardest part of banding for me. I stick to 600 calories daily and I have all the energy in the world. I "usually" do hard cardio for about 100 minutes daily, but due to port issues I've cut back for a bit. But even with 1.5-2.0 hours of hard cardio daily 600 calories is fine for me.

Years ago I put myself on a diet of 500 calories a day. But I was eatting food. When I tried the 4 slim fast a day I was a zombie. Maybe it was in my head but I sure didn't feel very good. I am eating like I had the band done now, since my appt is not until Aug 8th. I went to a meeting last night and everyone I spoke to had the By-pass. What really scared me is that people were telling me they knew quite a few lap band people who went back for the by pass.

May I ask what trouble you are having with your port?

Thanks so much

Ann

Matrix 5.0 is good (thank you WasaBB!)

I also like the Carb Control SlimFast

I enjoy whizzing a small can of baked Beans and a fat free hot dog with some Tomato juice and some catsup and making a Soup, it's quite good.

Fage Greek Yogurt is AMAZING stuff.

I got some Unjury from their website and also ordered a sample pak from BariatricEating.com; also got some various from Walmart, Walgreens, and Vitamin World. I have been posting 'reviews' of what I have tried so far in my journal (CrochetGranny). My doctor says they must be 200 calories or less, less than 10 grams of sugar per serving, and adequate Protein.< /p>

Years ago I put myself on a diet of 500 calories a day. But I was eatting food. When I tried the 4 slim fast a day I was a zombie. Maybe it was in my head but I sure didn't feel very good. I am eating like I had the band done now, since my appt is not until Aug 8th. I went to a meeting last night and everyone I spoke to had the By-pass. What really scared me is that people were telling me they knew quite a few lap band people who went back for the by pass.

May I ask what trouble you are having with your port?

Thanks so much

Ann

I'll bet you a dollar that the people who claimed to know all these folks that had bypass after banding are people that don't exist. Ask them next time if they know them personally or if they just 'heard' about all these people.

Might want to check out the revision forum on ObesityHelp - Gastric Bypass, LAP-BAND® System, DS and Other Surgical and Non-Surgical Weight Loss Options. and you'll see, most actual revisions are bypass to band. You couldn't pay me to get bypass. I'd rather be fat.

My port... not sure what's wrong. It just hurts. I've cut back on my running until it either heals or I figure out what is wrong. ;)

Hi All, a Mary emailed me asking what kind of shakes I recommend; I can't respond privately because email access is blocked both thru the forum and personal email.

Mary, if you see this, you asked about accessing the journals. You just go to the top of the page and click on journals (but you must be logged in). Just scroll down to my journal and look at all the entries - several of them mention what Protein drinks I prefer and why.

As recommended through my LapBand doctor's office, I make Protein shakes with ProComplex vanilla flavored Protein powder. My friend came up with the mixture. SO far I have stuck to fruit shakes. I blend together 8 oz. FF milk, 1/4 - 1/2 c. frozen fruit (mixed berries, blueberries, strawberries, peaches, etc.), 2 scoops of vanilla Pro Complex powder (55g protein), 1- 2 TBSP of Splenda sweetener, and sometimes a TBSP of Light Cool Whip for added flavor and creaminess. I think the vanilla powder has a malt flavor.

My doctor's office also sells New whey Protein Shots that come in several flavors and either 42 g. or 25 g. These have been great right after my surgery and my friend likes them right after she gets her fills. With the 42 g. shots you get a lot of Protein in a small amount of liquid. You can find these online. They look like giant test tubes.

I was just banded on 7-26-07. It was really hard at first, expecially when it comes to the limited foods you can eat.

As far as Protein shakes and liquid drinks, I use Isopure. The liquid drinks comes in at lest 5 different flavors. Some of them include Icy Orange, Blue Raspberry, Orange pineapple Mango, Mango Peach, etc. They also make the Protein Powder which is used to make the Protein Shakes. That also comes in many different flavors such as vanilla, chocolate, Cookies and cream, orange pineapple, etc.

What I do for an amazing Protein shake is:

1 cup fat free skim milk

5+ ice cubes

1 scoop vanilla/or chocolate Isopure Protein powder

1 tbs sugar & fat free Peanut Butter

1tbs sugar free pudding mix (dry)

It tastes just like a chocolate Peanut Butter cup! With having all this time off from work I have made so many differnt recipes. You can also take the same recipe from above and make it without the chocolate puding mix and add a 1/2 of frozen bananna so it is a peanut butter and bananna shake which is also very good.

Just wondering if anyone has ever tried Myoplex. I used to drink it when I was lifting weight. I would split one because of the Protein content. I could digest that much in one sitting. They are really good. I would mix it with Water or you could do skim milk. Do I don't use it because I don't work out anymore. Looking to get banded soon. BMI is 43. The drink mix was about 10 years ago. Good luck

I have been on full liquids for 2 weeks and have been living on Soups. I take any type of Soup and run it through my Magic Bullet (Love it) and strain if necessary and eat with a spoon.

My favorite I made is:

V8 juice

Beef broth

Baby Carrots

Diced Potatoes

Onions

Celery salt

Pepper to taste

Boil till done and run through that blender and enjoy!

If you need more liquid - add Water.< /p>

Hi,

I use products you can purchase on line from Health Management Resources, the website is Intellihealth. The shakes are easy, lots of time I just tear the corner of the packet (powder) and pour it into a water bottle and shake, I like to mix a chocolate and vanilla (2 into one bottle of water) If you look thru the site you will see it is geared towards healthy weight loss and just plain good health. I use the meals also and they are great, no brainer and they have lots of suggestions. Good luck.

Hi,

I use products you can purchase on line from Health Management Resources, the website is Intellihealth. The shakes are easy, lots of time I just tear the corner of the packet (powder) and pour it into a water bottle and shake, I like to mix a chocolate and vanilla (2 into one bottle of water) If you look thru the site you will see it is geared towards healthy weight loss and just plain good health. I use the meals also and they are great, no brainer and they have lots of suggestions. Good luck.

I'm curious. Based on your comment, I went to HMR and looked at their shakes and labels. In their promotional material they claim no trans fats. Yet a prominent ingredient is partially hydrogenated soy bean oil--definitely a trans fat.

I find this somewhat disturbing. Do you know any more about this?