Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Banders

Hello!! Thank you for the warm welcome!! On one hand I can't wait to go back to work to see my students but on the other hand I know it's going to be rough since I work with pre schoolers lol, but I miss them so much!!

I have a friendsgiving to go to today and I'm still on liquids. I don't start mushies till Wednesday. My friends are very supportive but I know it'll be a little difficult seeing all the food and not being able to have any. However, I'm trying to take this as a learning opportunity. Food has always been the focus of every holiday, not family or friends. I hope to rewire my brain, so I'm not so hyper focused on what's on the menu, but to focus my time and energy into the people that I'm with. However, with this being my first se of holidays where I can't eat how I used to, it's going to be hard.

I am 5 day post op and I am regretting the surgery. I am allowed pureed food but I am not really hungry, I aam able to get things down like eggs, chicken, even some chili but have to force myself to eat. A little depressed because I am not really enjoying food right now. Whenever I eat I feel like it just sits in my chest and I eat slow and it is pureed good and I even chew it good. I feel uncomfortable feeling in my chest most of the day. Will I always feel like this? I am drained most of the day and can not feel like my normal self. I thought I would be back to work this Monday but I have decided to stay out a few more days. I am just so depressed. I just want to feel like me.

@@Ldimples I am so sorry that you feel regret. I woke up wondering like what the hell did I do, and then about day2 I kind of had a freakout moment. But I am officially one week today and I don't regret it. I have had issues to deal with like head hunger (wasn't expecting that so soon). and one of my issues is that I CAN eat things I don't really think I am supposed to. My satiety is decent, but I want to get really snacky at night. I know everybody's experience is different, but I was telling my husband some the thoughts/feelings I've been going through and he said, "it's kind of like you're learning about your body all over again." For me, it is. I am hoping that if you don't feel like you that this is just a time for you and your body to get adjusted. I am sending you virtual hugs!

My one-week weigh-in: I am so excited to say that I have lost 9 pounds! I am very excited. I am sure I won't loose weight like this every week, but it feels REALLY good to have a decent start. I am the kind of person who feeds off success. I am starting to get hungrier now, but I have my first fill Dec 9th. All in all, I am feeling pretty good!!!

Ldimples - hang in there. After 5 days post op I did not feel like myself either. I still had some pain, was hardly eating (I was only on liquids) and I wondered when I would feel better. But for me, at least, each day felt better than the one before to now 2-weeks post op I feel really good with almost no pain. I did have a bout of intense shoulder pain this evening that came out of no where and it wasn't fun. But, I remind myself that I just had a significant, life-changing surgery and this is part of recovery (and some Tylenol, Gas-x and a heating pad did helped immensely!). I hope you start to feel better and find peace with your decision!

Keeper, so happy for you that you had a big loss! If only we lost 9lbs every week, lol! Good luck with your first fill, mine is on Dec 12.

I am 5 day post op and I am regretting the surgery. I am allowed pureed food but I am not really hungry, I aam able to get things down like eggs, chicken, even some chili but have to force myself to eat. A little depressed because I am not really enjoying food right now. Whenever I eat I feel like it just sits in my chest and I eat slow and it is pureed good and I even chew it good. I feel uncomfortable feeling in my chest most of the day. Will I always feel like this? I am drained most of the day and can not feel like my normal self. I thought I would be back to work this Monday but I have decided to stay out a few more days. I am just so depressed. I just want to feel like me.

Like these lovely ladies just said!! Hang in there!! Every surgeon is different but it could be that maybe you're not ready for puréed food due to swelling?? I'm about to be two weeks post op and I'm about to move onto purées. Try going back to an all liquid diet for a few more days or a week? Just to give you more time to heal and to bring the swelling down.

My one-week weigh-in: I am so excited to say that I have lost 9 pounds! I am very excited. I am sure I won't loose weight like this every week, but it feels REALLY good to have a decent start. I am the kind of person who feeds off success. I am starting to get hungrier now, but I have my first fill Dec 9th. All in all, I am feeling pretty good!!!

Woot woot!! Way to go!!! Glad to hear you're doing well!!

I went back to work and I think I'm feeling a little back to normal! So much so that I decided to make Oreo truffles for my coworkers! Yumm yumm! But I may have over done it since my port site hurts.

I've had this annoying side effect after surgery, I wonder if anyone has heard of if or experienced it? I may post this in another forum to see what feedback i get. My right outter thigh is numb. When I lay down it starts to burn, kind of like when you've been out in the cold too long. And then I get this shooting pain in the numb area. Tonight I'm trying to elevate my leg to see if it helps. I had a Doppler done and it's not a blood clot. Not sure what to make of it.

Keeper

That's so awesome! Wouldn't it be great to have a 9lb loss every week???? You'd be a skinny pickle in no time. Ah to dream!

Thanks! Technically it was 7 for the week as I lost 2 in my piddly little one week liquid pre-op diet, but I was still super happy! One time it took me SIX months on Weight Watchers to lose 13 pounds,

But having said that, I stepped on the scale this morning and it showed I gained 2 pounds. Ugh. It is magical to watch those numbers go down, and depressing when they don't, and maddening when they go up. :/ And that is why I need to stop weighing everyday!!!! Once a week, y'all, once a week....

@@Sophie139 have you heard from anyone else about your numbness? I certainly have not experienced this as a side effect from surgery, but I have experienced something similar - just randomly and it goes away type thing - like if I stand on my feet too long the side of my thigh will become numb, sometimes followed by that jabbing sort of pain. I never knew if it was just nerve pain or what. Would love to hear if/what you learn!

Going back to work tomorrow. Finally starting to feel like myself. It took longer than the 5 days that I thought. I am glad I had took the additional days off. I am down 25lbs. Now the real challenge begins. I feel good about the 25lbs but now I have to make sure I follow the program. Water, Protein and Walking. Everything seems possible when you feel well. Thanks to all your advice and support I made it through this part of the process.

@@Ldimples good luck going back to work tomorrow! And I'm glad you were able to take those extra days. How much did you lose pre-op, if you don't mind me asking? Having switched to soft foods, I haven't lost anything this week. Little bummed but my first fill is the 9th.

Ldimples

Good Luck tomorrow. I was happy to get back to some normalcy.

@@Ldimples good luck going back to work tomorrow! And I'm glad you were able to take those extra days. How much did you lose pre-op, if you don't mind me asking? Having switched to soft foods, I haven't lost anything this week. Little bummed but my first fill is the 9th.

I lost 15 pre-op.