Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Surgery Dates Anyone? Let's Connect!

Hi everyone.

Isn't it exciting to hear that those of us who had our surgery around the same time are finally starting to see results that make us feel good. Like seeing your knees, or bathroom stalls seeming bigger. LOL but I know exactly what you're talking about. My big ah ha moment was this past week when I friend of mine came to visit from out of town who I haven't seen in just over a year. She was astonished at how different I looked. It made my day. Also, one day we were out shopping and when I walked by a mirror in the regular clothing department I didn't say something awful to myself. I actually bought a top in a regular size XL instead of a 3X in the womens department.

I saw my NUT last Friday, and realized that I've actually hit the -70 lb mark from my heaviest 2 weeks before my surgery. I was stunned. I'm halfway home..... and feeling really good!!! I'm not losing as fast as I thought I would, or as fast as some other people, but the scale is inching down in the right direction. :D

Keep the updates coming. It's great to hear about how everyone else is doing now that we're at least 4 months out!!

Hi everyone!

My surgery date was November 10th. I am 114 lbs down from my HW (80 down from my SW) I keep hitting stalls, I lose 5-10lbs one week then nothing for 3 weeks kind of thing. I ran/walked a 2 miler this past weekend with my daughter in 30 minutes. A year ago I wouldn't have been able to walk 2 miles in an entire day. I have gone from a 26/28 to 14/16. I feel amazing but I think I thought the weight would come off quicker. I still have 90-100 lbs to go until my GW. I'm so happy to see everyone is doing so well!

Congrats for the loss. My surgery was nov 4th. I'm also down 114 as of this morning. I know the feeling about the dang stalls. They make no sense at all. How can the scales not move in a week then all of a sudden 5 lbs are gone overnight. Yes I still weigh everyday. I'm 10 lbs from my soft goal weight of 200lbs. I'd be happy at that. But I really want to be under 200. I've not been under 200 since 6th grade. That is the earliest memory of me being embarrassed of my weight. I only buy one pair of pants at a time until I get to my goal weight. I've dropped from 46 pants to 36 and the 36 are getting big. I'm happy with my weight loss rate. It's mostly been 20-22lbs a month. In February I was stressed from moving and lost 10lbs but that's ok since I'm almost there.

Hey there everyone.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Spring Holiday no matter what your observance is.

Spring has sprung here in Charlotte, NC and the pollen is about to kill all of us. The thick yellow gunk that covers everything is a sign that warm weather will be with us pretty much from now until next fall.

The Easter holiday brought a couple challenges for me this year, as I had the family at my house for the day. I cooked and prepared for a crowd of almost 20, including 4 teenagers, a 4 yr. old and a 1 yr. old that has just started walking. Chaos was the word of the day, but it was fun to have everyone and actually have the energy to do everything I needed to do both before and after all the company.

My challenge was cooking and not tasting everything I made over and over again to make sure it was right. In the past I'd cook and sample my way through the preparation until it was time for the meal. Of course then cleaning up was another story. I don't think I need to tell everyone that it meant eating almost as much as another meal before everything got put away or cleaned up.
I did OK for the most part, but probably had a few more tiny tastes than I should have. I didn't get sick or dump or anything, but I felt so angry with myself for straying from my totally healthy eating plan. I have been telling myself today that I only had a few bites, and that from a calorie, carb or fat standpoint I was OK, but the self guilt is killing me.

I guess I'm so afraid that when I physically CAN eat more that I'll sabotage myself.

Has anyone else felt like they've fallen off track and then beat themselves up about it? Today I'm back in line, but of course the scale showed a 1.5 pound gain this morning, and I'm stressing out.

I've not only fallen off track, but I've derailed the darn thing! I need to get my act together. I know I ate too much and too often yesterday. I made 3 angel food cakes, 2 dozen cupcakes, strawberries, and deviled eggs. I licked the white cake batter off of the beater, as usual. I haven't had much dumping, which is an unfortunate thing. I wish my body rejected things like I'd hoped. I do notice an occasional swing in blood sugar and get woozy, sweating, and need to eat something. This tends to happen an hour or so after I've eaten too much. My BS is around 80 when I'm feeling woozy, so it's not too low.

Today I'm trying to get back on track. I had a Protein shake for Breakfast. Does anyone else like a little caffeine? I seem to want ice tea with Splenda, or a couple cups of coffee in the morning. I don't do any soda! I don't even want to tempt myself.

Hey November buddies!! I had my surgery on November 4th. My HW was on February 21, 2014 and it was 469lbs. I was totally disgusted with myself. My SW was 414lbs. I weigh myself every Sunday, and yesterday I was 321lbs. My GW is 220lbs. I feel great. I hit stalls of no weight loss for a couple of weeks and then BOOM a 5lb weight loss. Now I'm concerned about getting complacent and eating wrong. Its good to catch up and I need to hit this site daily.

Have a great day!! :-) :-)

NewJeffrey

Hi all! We are all hitting the 5 month point this month. Wow, how time flies!

I've been doing well - weight loss has been very slow at times but then I went through a inexplicable time where I lost almost 12 lbs in 2 weeks after only losing 10 lbs total in the two months before. Then another 2 week stall. So, I just keep on doing what I am supposed to and hope the weight keeps coming off, even though it is more by "fits & starts" than any steady rate. The best part is that I overnight dropped from a 3x in plus sizes to an XL in ladies, which thrills me to no end! I had to haul a ton of clothes to Goodwill and go buy something that wouldn't fall off!

I am also very happy that I don't seem to have any issues with any particular foods anymore. It was rough the first couple of months and I worried that I would never be able to eat meat, yogurt, cottage cheese, and a dozen other things. Now everything seems to go down fine, but that's also a bad thing or it could be. So far, I am still working very hard to eat healthy but I do understand I will have the potential to fall off the wagon if I don't make healthy my highest priority for the rest of my life.

So, I am working NOW on any issues I have with food that could lead me to bad habits again. One of them in the past was the whole "all or nothing" mentality - that anything that tasted good had to be BAD and therefore I either would avoid it completely and feel deprived or I would eat it like it was my last time ever to have it on earth! Now, I am trying to find a really good balance of moderation that I can live with. My husband's birthday was this week and birthday cake always was a huge temptation for me in the past but I was very happy with a teeny sliver of it so I got a taste. I was pleased that I didn't have to deprive myself and feel resentful or eat a huge chunk and feel guilty - that there as a place in between that was healthy and satisfying and where I could feel really good about myself.

I DID IT!!!! I have reached my personal goal of 175#. I haven't been 175 in almost 20 years. My doctors goal weight for me is 155, I'm so excited!!! Can you tell? It has been a slow 2 months. my weight has been fluctuating up and down hovering between 178 and 180 and today I got on the scale and voila....175!! I got on and off the scale several times to make sure it wasn't a fluke. But it wasn't.

Last week I got out the box of clothes that had been stashed away. You know those clothes that you loved and said, I'll fit back into these one day clothes. Well, a lot of them I do fit back into and most of them I do not. Not because I'm big, but because they are too big!! Oh Happy Day!!

Spring is finally here in Southern Central PA and I can finally get outside and work on my flower beds and prep the vegetable gardens.

Praying everyone is having a great start to Spring and looking forward to those summer months of not feeling uncomfortable in your own skin when wearing shorts and tank tops OR the dreaded bathing suit.

Edited by carriekos

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You should be so proud of yourself. You're an inspiration for all of us.

Stay strong and committed to your lifestyle change so you can continue to enjoy your good health and your new body. You can do it for sure!!