Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I like Isopure. You can get it at GNC. 30 grams per scoop. Lots of flavors to choose from. Also like Walmart stuff. They have a Peanut Butter one that is good

@@TexasMom5

So on a typical day I eat at least some cold cuts and cheeses, usually some cheddar and at least one mini babybel. For the meats I get good quality seasoned turkey cold cuts from the deli ( I like the boar's head cajun turkey breast).

I eat a boiled egg several times per week. Greek yogurt 1-2 times per week.

I eat one of the Oscar Meyer P2 Protein Snacks almost every day, it's very easy for me to pack for work. That contains turkey, cheddar and almonds. 16 grams Protein, about 170 cals.

For dinner I normally have something hot like chili (I concentrate on eating the chunks of meat as much as possible rather than the liquid), a hamburger patty with cheese or some kind of gravy or red sauce (can only eat about half), taco meat (shredded beef or briskit), meatballs in red sauce, grilled shrimp, etc.

Today for lunch we went out and I got blackened shrimp with vegetables.

If I have a half of a Protein shake I can make my goal of at least 60g per day with the rest being the real foods mentioned above.

I drink either premier chocolate thinned with 1% milk, a cup of plain 1% milk, or a GNC Lean 25 pre-made shake in the Strawberries and Cream flavor. This is my favorite because it is very very thin and tastes really good. 170 cals, 25 g protein, low sugars/carbs, lactose free. These are available at GNC stores.

Hope this helps somewhat. I track with MFP once or twice per week to see how I an doing on goals (cals, protein, carbs, etc).

I also try to have 2 or 3 Fiber gummies daily as I am still trying to figure out how to integrate some veggies into my diet. Really still mainly focused on my Proteins for now.

Edited by woo woo

Do you think it would be okay for me to suck on a sugar free peppermint? I am going back to work at the end of this week and my breath is gross even after brushing right now.

I'm sorry I forget which stage you are currently at -- but if you are still on liquids only I would not do it. To me it's just too tempting to chew up or what if you accidentally swallow it.

If you need something for breath maybe go with a breath spray like binaca or else just use mouthwash, maybe get a little travel size to bring and keep with you at work.

Do you think it would be okay for me to suck on a sugar free peppermint? I am going back to work at the end of this week and my breath is gross even after brushing right now.

I sucked on a pepermint for my dry mouth and stinky breath. I would only suck on it for about 2 minutes then take it out. This way I didn't chew it.

I have been chewing sugar free gum.

Hi, I'm new to this site. Just got a word from dr. Nicholson's clinic that my surgery date is December 22nd - early Christmas present! I'm so excited and ready! Hope my experience is as good as everyone who had Dr. Nick as a surgeon ????

That's exciting. I am sure you will do great.

He does a really great job. Follow the post op instructions and diet exactly. It's so worth it.

Welcome! :)

I forgot to ask, where are you getting it done?

I'm having my surgery at Baylor Plano.

That's where I was too. It's a really nice facility.

I had really good care there, the nurses and cna's were very responsive any time I called and I never had to wait longer than a couple minutes for anything.

They put you on the ambulatory surgery floor after you get out of recovery, and there will likely be several other bariatric patients. When I was there it was like 3 Nicholson patients and then several that used one or two other surgeons but still bariatric. You will see them as you walk the halls at all hours of the night.

I was very happy with my experience. I hope it goes as well there for you.

Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to a great experience and a new chapter in my life. It was a long process getting all prerequisites for the insurance company, but I'm glad I stuck with it. I know I'm in good hands!

And stock up on your gas x I like the peppermint thin strips. I am 9 days post of down 10lbs a total of 25!!! And doing great. Walk afterwards, left side is going to sting but it gets less and less daily. I love the way he glues the incisions you don't have to worry about them. Just shower, walk and sip sip sip!!!

That's awesome! I already got gas x and sugar free cough drops. My dietitian also suggested popsicle for a sore throat. Thank you all for your support!!!