Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Way to go Auri!!!

I'm down 26 pounds as of today and I lost 16.5"

All I've worn is my yoga pants since surgery! But I had bought some new shirts to wear with my yoga pants. 1x instead of 2x. And those are fitting well. But I'm going to work tomorrow for a few hours and haven't tried on any of my work clothes yet. I'm sure with my right belly hurting I won't be able to wear my jeans so hopefully some of my dress pants fit good enough! :-) (i can pretty much wear whatever I want at work...besides yoga pants! )

Oh! Guess what else I got to do today!! I had a scrambled egg for breakfast! ! ( which was sorda brunch because I slept really late - thanks hydrocodone) so then I brought along some mashed banana and applesauce to have after my dr. Appt. Well, that didn't work since I spent over 4 hours in the ER and then it had sat too long in my van. But...When I finally got home, this is what I had!

post-45670-14150696411489_thumb.jpg

pureed ham, mashed potatoes mixed with tiny bit of cottage cheese and Protein mix, and pureed green Beans. Oh my gosh!!! So delicious!!!! I could only eat about 1/3 of it, but enjoyed every bit of it!!

Hi, big day for me today. Started at 270 lbs and my scale places me at 249lbs today, that's 21 pounds lost. But here's the real moral booster, I am 99lbs from my goal of 150lbs. I crossed the magical line of 100lbs above goal. So excited. Then I got thinking what other goals would be meaningful and here I would love your input for other ideas. This is what I came up with as goals with special meaning

1. Less then 100 lbs from goal - done

2. Weight below 200 lbs aka "oneland" with one hundred and something as weight

3. Graduating out of Lane Bryant and onto regular sizes (no 14W, 16W, 18W, 20W... ever again)

4. No more XL clothing

5. No more wide shoes. (I am 9 - 9W but I will likely be 8 1/2 because the 9 is for the width)

5. Being able to cross my legs

6. Buying a bra at Victoria secret that has a 38 width on it

7. Having a tummy narrower then hips. I guess, no longer an apple shape is my goal

8. Being able to wear bracelets. My wrist is 1/4 inch too wide at this point.

9. Fitting in my wedding band (never sized it because I "knew" I was going to lose the weight)

10. Running a 5K race

11. Ridding a horse/ bike again

12. HUM, I would like to make my list 20 items. Any other ideas?

Ok. I'm home! ! Labs are all ok my liver and kidneys are good. CT scan showed ALOT of swelling with that one incision and some free Fluid below that incision. But they aren't really worried about it. If my pain gets worse I need to let them know right away. I need to take tylenol more consistently. I won't take the prescription pain meds unless totally necessary. Like last night. But I hate taking it. I still feel the effects of it today.

But no infection, so that's good! I was worried they left some chunks of gauze in there or something! Lol! When I bend over or if I'm laying down and bend my knees up, it feels like something is in there. But it's just the swelling, whew!!

Beni- the itching after surgery has always happened with me after any surgery. I guess I thought that was normal!? I'll be sure to ask about that at my next appointment.

I was able to pull off all my step - strips finally today...except the one larger incision. I'd love for it to come off too so I can clean that area up better. But I'm not yanking it off too early.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts today!!

Glad everything checked out! :)

Hi, big day for me today. Started at 270 lbs and my scale places me at 249lbs today, that's 21 pounds lost. But here's the real moral booster, I am 99lbs from my goal of 150lbs. I crossed the magical line of 100lbs above goal. So excited. Then I got thinking what other goals would be meaningful and here I would love your input for other ideas. This is what I came up with as goals with special meaning

3. Graduating out of Lane Bryant and onto regular sizes (no 14W, 16W, 18W, 20W... ever again)

4. No more XL clothing

5. No more wide shoes. (I am 9 - 9W but I will likely be 8 1/2 because the 9 is for the width)

7. Having a tummy narrower then hips. I guess, no longer an apple shape is my goal

9. Fitting in my wedding band (never sized it because I "knew" I was going to lose the weight)

10. Running a 5K race

These are great!

Wearing a swimming suit and feeling proud about it.

I had about 1/2 cup of cream of wheat (made with 1 1/2Tbs mix and 1/2 cup milk) for Breakfast today. Guess milk isn't going to sit very well. Really nauseated right now. Ugh. And of course I'm at work this morning. Should have just stuck to my egg! I had also made a coffee drink this morning. It was a pumpkin latte. Made with milk and real pumpkin mixed unto the coffee. Ewww, I took one sip and that was it. Sounded much better than it tasted!

Good morning everyone. Great news today...I pooped!! I was so excited I called my husband at work. ;) I took Miralax this morning and ta da! I never thought I would ever be so excited for passing gas or pooping. Still having pain around the large incision. I looked at it in the mirror this morning and my stomach is so bruised. Especially around the big incision. Looks like I got into a fight with Rocky. I am taking my pain meds as prescribed and getting lots of rest. I'm just ready to start feeling normal again. Day by day!

@@AuriP

Yes, the swimsuit is huge. Have to add that. I also thought of another one - wearing boots and rocking them. With extra weight comes extra wide calves. The boots that fit me make my calves look even bigger, specially since the ankles are not so big in proportion.

@@kimodell69

I looked at my tummy today for a close inspection of the scars. I found out I have lots of bruising I didn't see earlier. It's yellow at this point. I too had a couple rounds with rocky. The strangest ones are one on my side, no were near an incision and the other on the right side of my lower tummy again no where near anything. So they punched me pretty hard in that Room. It was a battle in there but I won, you should have seen the other guys.

Hey everyone! So, today is my first day alone since a few days before my surgery, I am now a week out. I'm not cleared to drive yet either, because my post op isn't til tomorrow...haven't taken any pain meds, but I'm afraid to chance it. I thought I'd be fine with it, I usually like to have some quiet time. But I'm super lonely and feeling kind of sad and depressed :( I don't know why?

4. No more XL clothing

10. Running a 5K race

@@Beni I love your list! Particularly enjoyed reading it as a reminder that I'm in this for the long- term. My Overweight brain tried to mess with my confidence today after 2 weeks of losing 10LBS each week I only loss 3& 1/2 this week. Maybe the losing is slowing down but it took me the morning to get my head back straight. To realize losing is way better than gaining.

So here's my additions to your list

Sitting in an airplane seat and having room to pull the regular seat belt tighter

Wearing heals when I want to

Seeing my shoulder bones again

Going ice skating & enjoying it

So, the surgeons office called to check on me. They said they will be calling a prescription in for some medicine to protect my stomach. I don't remember the name of it. She also wants me to get some MiraLax because I haven't pooped yet. She said it should have happened by now. My big incision is hurting pretty bad tonight. I'm trying to go longer than 3 1/2 to 4 hours between my Lortab. Ugh...

was it sucralfate ?

Don't try to go so long between your pain meds. You just had open major surgery. You want to be on schedule with pain meds so it doesn't get bad bad.

Edited by layknee

My new best friend is smoothies. Apparently the colder a Fluid is the better I tolerate it.