Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 6th, 7th and 8th Sleevers Please Acknowledge Yourselves!

I am having surgery Tuesday also! But I am nervous. Just the unknown I suppose. I have been working on this since May, and have lost 24 lbs. and am starving. I know this is a tool, but I am ready to feel better, more energy etc. we will keep up with each other

Wednesday is the day!!! the first day of the rest of my life!

I am so excited and nervous all at the same time.

Good luck to everyone having their procedure this week.

What has everyone purchased to drink for the next two weeks? I purchased some Amplify Protein Shake powder from GNC today. It was quite expensive. The guy at GNC said it was better than the much cheaper whey Protein Shakes I am currently using from Wal-Mart. I compared the ingredients and amount of Protein, sugar, and carbs and they are very similar. I might return the Amplify. I will be purchasing Isopure tomorrow to consume the first week post-op. It was my understanding that you could only drink translucent fluids a week after and Isopure was the only one with enough protein.

I have Protein Water and Isopure zero. I was told not to purchase much because I may find gross next wk

I'm having my surgery on the 6th. Less than 48hrs! I'm very excited and can't wait. My pre op weight loss has been minimal, but oh well. Post op is where it's at ;) if anyone wants to exchange emails or numbers so we can keep in better contact and support one another better than just message me. Good luck everyone!

My surgery is tuesday as well. Today is the last day of Protein Shakes and dinner, and tomorrow starts the clear liquid phase until thursday then im back on regular liquids for a while. I really havent been hungry on this. I have been very surprised. How is everyone else feeling?

I feel like im so ready to get on the other side of this! Start my new chapter in my life. Also, at the same time I am very nervous about the procedure.

10/6/14,

Where do you find Protein Water? Is Isopure zero a clear liquid or just translucent?

WL warrior the Protein Water is sold at Walgreen's. The Isopure I bought from GNC. My brother said he found a protein water at gnc also. I haven't seen it though. Every time i to gnc im on a mission not really shopping

How much Protein does the protein Water have?

Protein Water has 15g no carbs

Thanks 10/6/14. You mentioned waiting to buy Protein shakes after surgery because your taste buds change, which is totally comprehensible. I actually hate the taste of Protein Shakes now. I find myself gulping them just so I can get the Protein in. I know I can't do that after surgery and I will probably struggle with sipping on one Protein Drink for 1-2 hours. I will just have to suck it up and do it.

I've been doing only sugar free liquids these past two weeks and getting in about 500-700 calories daily. I have stayed on track despite being surrounded by food on many occasions. My sons school carnival was Friday night. There were so many food vendors as well as people offering me food samples. There were some disappointed faces when I had to reject food that was offered. This is just something I will have to get use to.

I'm somewhat worried that I've already become disgusted with food. I think this has been brought about due to the fact that I had an eating disorder in my early 20's (weighed 105 pounds at 5"7') and the fact that my psychiatrist told me to view food as poison. I think he was trying to help me on my weight loss journey they best he could. I don't think viewing food as disgusting is a problem because I'm so overweight and it can only help me for now. It's not like I'm wasting away. I just think this pre-op diet, which is mostly starvation, has brought back some past ways of thinking about food.

WL warrior I completely understand what you mean about viewing food in a negative way. I went through hat too. I'm notorious for binge eating. Some days I love every thing others I love nothing. One of the main reasons I'm so excited is we get to reprogram ourselves. We know everything is psychological. So we program ourselves that healthy foods and options are better than the not healthy stuff. And rewards can working out instead of Snacks. So with help you can repair yourself.

10/6/14,

Thanks for the encouragement. I went to Walgreen's and GNC today. Neither have the Protein Water. What is the brand name. I ended up spending $89.99 on Isopure. They had only three flavors: Cookies and cream, dutch chocolate, and strawberries & cream. I ended up getting the strawberries and cream. I didn't want to get it, but it was the only Protein Drink that was translucent. It has 50 grams of Protein per serving. Why does the bottle of Isopure say that it should not be used for weight loss?

Good luck on your surgery tomorrow!