Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

From 155 to 170, I don't regret it!

I haven’t posted in so long, or even on the site. Since my surgery back in May 2012, life has flown by and I have been happy to say I do NOT regret my decision to have this surgery. One thing I have learned is that with anything, nothing is a “quick fix”. You have to put in the work to get the results you want. Losing weight doesn’t change who you are, and neither does the demons you are fighting in your life every “go away.” I still struggle with some of the same issues I did before the surgery, such as food addiction. No matter how hard I try, I realize now that it will never go away. The reality is that even though I may not be “hungry” or even want to eat, I still have the urge to do so out of habit. Currently I am at 168lbs. My goal was 180, but I was around 155 for almost year (been as low as 153)..until this summer. That’s when the weight gain began to creep up on me. Currently I am back in the gym and tracking everything that goes in this mouth, so I am hoping to be back in the 150s sometime by the end of October/Beginning of November. I am very determined not carry this extra weight with me to Thanksgiving!

I hope all of you are doing well, and I look forward to being active again on the site! :) :P

Edited by Delta_35

You are so right. Life time struggle. Never ever going to totally beat it. It is like being an alcoholic. Once one always one.

Day to day, hour to hour, minute to minute. That is what addiction is all about. You know it your going to do great getting back to where you want to be....

Oh welcome back to the forum! It is always nice to see a vet return home!

Thank you! I am defintley going to try my hardest to get back where i was!!! I have on a suit jacket today and i can feel the difference...augghhh :wacko:

Great job and you can do it!

Thank you! I am defintley going to try my hardest to get back where i was!!! I have on a suit jacket today and i can feel the difference...augghhh :wacko:

You are so right. Life time struggle. Never ever going to totally beat it. It is like being an alcoholic. Once one always one.

Day to day, hour to hour, minute to minute. That is what addiction is all about. You know it your going to do great getting back to where you want to be....

Oh welcome back to the forum! It is always nice to see a vet return home!

You are so right what you said about addiction! It's a never ending battle and something we all fight daily!

And thank you, it feels soo good to be back! :)