Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Roll call for Sept 30th...

Sept 30th was my surgery date too. Went home on the 2nd. How are you feeling? sleeping has been the hardest issue for me-I am/was a tummy and side sleeper, so it's been both frustrating and painful. I'm easing off the Tylenol with codeine, using it only really at night or when I can't to sleep bc that's when I get the most pain.

I'm having trouble tracking and drinking, bc I have no appetite and I'm afraid to overfill. But today I start a tracking routine to ensure I get sufficient Fluid and protein-going for 4 oz an hour. Fingers crossed.

How are you feeling? What's been your biggest obstacle so far?

Lots of luck!

Edited by LaLoLaughs

Hello Ladies! Congrats to all of you!

I was sleeved last Tuesday so it's my one weekaversary!

Overall the experience has been a bit of a roller coaster and the strange thing is that even though I'm getting lots of phone calls from friends and family I'm just not up to talking about it much. It's like I don't really have words for all the different thoughts and feelings and I just don't want to be misunderstood. My boyfriend, who is the most amazing human being I know, was here over the weekend and on Sunday night he asked (very sweetly) "so...when do you get HAPPY about this?". Until then I hadn't realized that I wasn't reacting in a way that really looked happy at all. It;s not that I'm NOT happy. It's just that it's real now. It really happened and my life will be different forever now and that takes some mental adjusting to. No matter how much you prepare for this before surgery, once it's done it's just different in a way you couldn't prepare for.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

It's been a week for me too. I also was sleeved on September 30th. I feel good! My surgery was open not laproscopic and I have not had a lot of pain. The doctors did an awesome job of keeping the pain down.

My surgery was September 30. I am very proud of my outcome. Overall I feel hyped about my transformation. My body is slimming nicely. I am exercising daily. Mainly walking with and without arm weights.

Rt pic 270lbs / Lt pic 250lbs

post-234423-14127834920952_thumb.jpg

I was sleeved also on September 30th and I feel good! My surgery was open so my recovery time is a little different. I have not had much pain and I walk as much as I can. My doctors said I was a champion and did very well with an open cut. I'm excited for the journey. I wish everybody so much success.

My surgery was September 30. I am very proud of my outcome. Overall I feel hyped about my transformation. My body is slimming nicely. I am exercising daily. Mainly walking with and without arm weights.

Rt pic 270lbs / Lt pic 250lbs

You look great! Keep up the good work! I'm feeling the same way-very optimistic. Had my one week follow up and discovered I lost 17 lbs (!!!) I was not expecting that. I know this won't happen again, but I am happy. Doctor said he was happy with my progress, not just physically but mentally and emotionally too. So job well done to you as well!!

Hello Ladies! Congrats to all of you!

I was sleeved last Tuesday so it's my one weekaversary!

Overall the experience has been a bit of a roller coaster and the strange thing is that even though I'm getting lots of phone calls from friends and family I'm just not up to talking about it much. It's like I don't really have words for all the different thoughts and feelings and I just don't want to be misunderstood. My boyfriend, who is the most amazing human being I know, was here over the weekend and on Sunday night he asked (very sweetly) "so...when do you get HAPPY about this?". Until then I hadn't realized that I wasn't reacting in a way that really looked happy at all. It;s not that I'm NOT happy. It's just that it's real now. It really happened and my life will be different forever now and that takes some mental adjusting to. No matter how much you prepare for this before surgery, once it's done it's just different in a way you couldn't prepare for.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

No you are not alone. Like you I'm very excited and happy to start this new journey, but reality is also settling in that my life will no longer be as it was. I'm very happy about that. From living a more healthier lifestyle, relationships, sigifacant weight loss, and the mental portion of this, we have a lot to adapt to. I'm in the hospital, I'll be discharges in the morning. I've had to refuse some visitation and ignore calls because I'm not ready to answer questions and be ridiculed for my decision.

17 Wow that's great! What did u do? I have been following everything and walking everyday. Keep up the good work both of u!

I am sure lots of the weight was due to my menstrual cycle-yeah during the surgery, i had to deal with this!! But I am following my doctor's orders which required a one day pre op and one week post op liquid diet. I'm just transitioning into full liquids today. I am seeing how long 4oz of yogurt can actually take! And yes I'm walking at least 30 mins a day, be it my dog or the mall or supermarket.

How are you feeling/doing?

Great! I was on 1,000 calorie diet two weeks before surgery and I had my surgery with an open cut so I was I the hospital from Tuesday til Saturday afternoon. I'm moving around a lot better now. In the hospital I walked around the floor they want u movin. Now I can take a small walk everyday bcuz I'm moving faster. Just being careful of my incision which a nurse came out to check on me and I'm healing phenomenally. I'm so grateful to God bcuz I can honestly say I didn't have a lot of pain. And I know people who had more pain and their surgery was laproscopic. I'm excited about the journey. I haven't weighed myself bcuz I'm getting a scale this weekend. But my other half says he sees I lost already. You keep up the good work and stay encouraged.

@PartofMyCharm.... I feel exactly the same. While I am excited about this next chapter and proud of what I am doing to be healthier and feel better, I am having some adjustment issues. I was totally mentally prepared and knew exactly what having the surgery meant and was going to mean in my life. But I have still had a little depression since the surgery that I did not expect. But I am down 20 pounds overall and just keep hanging in there knowing it will just keep getting better and better. But like you said, it's kind of hard to explain. I hear you.

11 days post op and 21 pounds. I'm really really happy about that. That's one of the positives I try to focus on, that and the blessing to now have a tool that will help me get and stay healthy.

I'm so glad to hear you're all doing well. I pray we all remain strong.

Just saw one of my friends for the first time since august...she wads shocked and said (and I quote) "you're going to be smaller than me!" Why on earth do people think it's okay to make these kinds of comments? I told her...this wasn't the easy way out...it was the hard way. But I'm so glad I had strength enough to do it. :-)

We should make sure to check in on each other and keep each other encouraged. I'm hoping to start a formal exercise program this week. I'm using DailyBurn.com. Have you all heard of it? What exercise programs are working for you?

Hello everyone. I have enjoyed reading everybody's post. I'm just starting the process. I'm having my first appointment with the surgeon next week. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. Someone told me the first two weeks after the surgery is the hardest. Good luck to everyone who is already beginning their new journey. I can't wait till it's my turn