Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey guys i'm new here and scheduled for surgery on 10/07/14! any buddies?

Hey my b-day is October 3rd, lotsa libras here :), my surgery is oct 14th. Been overweight all my life, with many unsuccessful diets. I have been on this diet since March 21st and as of today, I have lost 50 pounds preop. Got a call in to dr office, wanna make sure its ok if I go below 35 bmi before surgery, but after approval. Luckily I only have to do one week liquid diet preop.

At my last appointment, they told me I only had to do liquid diet for one week. But I opted to do it for the full two weeks. My BMI and I started it was 50.4 and it went down to 49.5 so one point difference between doing the liquid diet for one week as opposed to two weeks. I'm on day two of the liquid diet I am using boost high Protein Shakes they are 240 cal with 15 g of Protein per 8 ounces the only problem is it's 23 mg of sugar.

Oct 7th also. No liquid diet required just a bowel prep same as for colonscopy. Did start a liquid diet last week but really messed up alot. So this week is serious. During the day no problem, but getting dinner for the kids are crazy. They are young and want me to eat the same thing as them, but this will help prepare them as well. Takes alot to get in all tge Water and Protein needed when I am feeling good cant imagine how difficult it will be after the surgery. Have down loaded new music to help and will use after surgery. There are quite a number of us in October.

Hey all my October buddies

Welcome to all new people to the site. I will have my surgery on October 8th. I started my pre-op on Oct. 26th. Hope all of us have easy surgeries and recovery. Let's stay in touch.

Hi ksmanatee hope this finds you doing well after your surgery. Let us know how you are doing.

Hello Joy59

Our day is coming up rapidly. Lucky you only had 2 days. I had 2 weeks but,I wasn't 100% compliant. I was having problems with my blood sugars 59,62,92 (after eating 4 grapes)and 72. So I had to eat bites but I'm still losing. I hope I can get to 269-270 by the 8th. I do ok with Water I usually try to drink 4 16.9 bottles that will give me almost 68oz. plus any other liquids. With the Protein Idrink a cup of ta when I get up. I put 1 spoonful of Splenda/sugar and 1 spoonful of GENEPRO in the tea. GENEPRO is 30 grams of Protein. Then I drink 1 Premier chocolate shake that's 30 grams.

and a Equate shake before bed 10 gram. I don't get my 800 cal. I will be glad when surgery day is here and over. Let the healing begin.

Hi msspiceybaby

I cut back on my insulin because I was having so many hypoglycaemia episodes, I hate that feeling. When I started this journey in February I was 293 got to 283 and stayed there for a while, then started working with the NUT. The surgeon told me I needed to be at 262 before a date would be set, now at 255 give or take a pound.

I am more afraid that something will happen at last minute to cancel the surgery then the surgery itself. But it is definitely very real now.

I too have my surgery scheduled for Oct.7th. Would be great to have a buddy to compare notes with and to encourage one another on this journey. Good luck to all out there also facing this surgery.

Omg you guys don't know what I went through today!! My surgery almost got canclled due to a mistake. I called on monday because I was told I'd be called in for preop a week prior to surgery, noone picked up and I left a message. I'm always on things and I had a feeling that I should call even though the week before I had called as well as was assured that I'd receive a call when it was time to come in! Sheesh the nerve, so this morning I get 6 phonecalls back to back at 9am! And when I finally pick up its the secretary telling me that I need to hurry and get down to the office asap before 10am to be able to have my testing done and take my preop class, and that if I don't come I'll have to be rescheduled for a later day! I was livid!!! They forgot to call me! But I managed to get to the office within 30 mins and had all my testing done and took my preop class and quiz, surgery is still in effect for 10/07! @@amylynns today I received a sheet that basically says, sugar free Jello, sugar free Clear Liquids, Proteins shakes, and broth. I'd love for you to tell me what menu ideas are on your sheet! As for everyone else, Wow seems like we do have a lot of libras and a lot of people getting surgery in october, good luck to all of us and let's stay in touch! :-*

@msspicybaby does GENEPRO taste good? I was reading up on it and heard its a tiny scoop that dossolves into anything and that sounds amazing at 30 grams per serving. Where do you buy it? I bought pea Protein and I'm hoping it doesn't taste too horrible, I really want it to be unflavored.

GENEPRO had a lot of good reviews on Amazon.

BRONXMERCI--If you give me your email address, I'll scan that sheet I have to you! :)