Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey guys i'm new here and scheduled for surgery on 10/07/14! any buddies?

Hey guys i am 23 years old, i am extremely excited for my surgery coming up in October. My first visit was on August 6, 2014 and I am so happy that I was able to get the process done within 2 months. I am looking for buddies that are getting surgery around the same time as me so that we can encourage each other. I haven't told anyone that I am getting this surgery done so I am on my own. My birthday is on the 4th and I call this a birthday gift lol. I am 5'10 and 298 and my goal is to reach 150. So if you are getting surgery in October as well please feel free to comment, lets keep in touch!

p.s. idk if i should post pictures up yet...should i?

Hey! I'm having RNY October 7th! I'm excited and ready to move on and start losing! Would love to stay in contact. I started my journey in July and ins approval was quick! I go for pre-op the 27th and see Dr that afternoon for final visit before surgery. I posted before pics already and will post pics as I go along! Yay...its almost here!!

I'm scheduled for October 31. Good luck you two!

October 8 for me. I would love to keep in touch as we all move through this process towards a healthier us!! I am so excited and looking forward to. This next chapter in my life.

yay! i was told i go for pre op sometime next week and that they will call me. good luck everyone!!

another thing, do you guys have to do a 2 week diet? my doc only said 2 days. do we drink Protein while on the liquid?

My surgery is scheduled 2 weeks from today, October 5!!! Started my 2 week presurgery diet today. I am so excited for surgery. I started the program beginning in June.

October 6 for me.

Wow, very similar stories. I too went in August, have an oct 23rd date. I am 5'10" too and similar weight. But, I have 20 years on you. Looking forward to finishing all the pre-requisites.

another thing, do you guys have to do a 2 week diet? my doc only said 2 days. do we drink Protein while on the liquid?

I do. I go in to meet with nutritionist tomorrow to start.

I am scheduled for surgery on November 10... Yikes! Scared outta my mind. I have days where I'm excited and think okay I can do this then other days I want to back out! I'm quite concerned though as I haven't heard anything about a liquid diet before surgery that's everyone is talking about... I do have to do a diet about 2 weeks before the surgery. But nothing mentioned of a clear liquid diet..