Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's Official I Will Never Drink Soda Again

Until last night the last soda I had was on 2/19/07, the day before my surgery. Well last night I went out to dinner @ Pei Wei for chinese. @ Pei Wei you have to get your own drink, so I decided to get a little bit of regular Coke. It was probably enough for 2 sips. I just wanted the taste. I started eating my food and I just felt horrible. :sick I thought it was the food and initially I thought that it was the food. I got a little Sprite (big mistake) and I thought it would settle my stomach. The feeling just intensified and it donned on me that it could be the soda. I went to Harris Teeter and got some chewable Gas-X and Pepto Bismol. It did help w/the feeling of nausea.:)

I have really lost my taste for soda over the last 2 months, so why I decided to take that painful 2 sips I have no idea. :( I am actually glad this happened b/c it helped me to end my relationship w/soda. I really realize that soda is no longer my friend. It will be missed...I guess beer is out too.

My nutritionist didn't recommend drinking soda of course, but she said at 2 months out I could try some if I wanted to. I didn't know I would have this effect. Does anyone else have problems tolerating soda?

I know this isn't a review on Pei Wei, but it was disappointing...P.F. Chang is much better.:)

Until last night the last soda I had was on 2/19/07, the day before my surgery. Well last night I went out to dinner @ Pei Wei for chinese. @ Pei Wei you have to get your own drink, so I decided to get a little bit of regular Coke. It was probably enough for 2 sips. I just wanted the taste. I started eating my food and I just felt horrible. :sick I thought it was the food and initially I thought that it was the food. I got a little Sprite (big mistake) and I thought it would settle my stomach. The feeling just intensified and it donned on me that it could be the soda. I went to Harris Teeter and got some chewable Gas-X and Pepto Bismol. It did help w/the feeling of nausea.:)

I have really lost my taste for soda over the last 2 months, so why I decided to take that painful 2 sips I have no idea. :( I am actually glad this happened b/c it helped me to end my relationship w/soda. I really realize that soda is no longer my friend. It will be missed...I guess beer is out too.

My nutritionist didn't recommend drinking soda of course, but she said at 2 months out I could try some if I wanted to. I didn't know I would have this effect. Does anyone else have problems tolerating soda?

I know this isn't a review on Pei Wei, but it was disappointing...P.F. Chang is much better.:)

On every single page of my nutritionist's outline of what to eat, it says in bold letters.. NO CARBONATED drinks. She described the symptoms you talked about and no thanks! I won't go there.. ever!! I'll stick with my Crystal Light.

My post op instructions said nothing about carbonated drinks. I don't drink them very often, but when I do, it's always diet, and I stir most of the bubbles out before I drink it. Otherwise, I can't tolerate it. It HURTS. Also, I buy it in those cute little 8 oz bottles, so that I can drink a few swallows of it, and put the lid back on it, put it back in the fridge, and I can drink on an 8 oz soda for about 3 days. Sometimes I just like a little bit of it.

I probably could have tolerated it better had I got some of the fizz out of it. I guess I should have if I was going to attempt to drink soda I should have done that.

My doc didn't ban carbonated beverages. After my 2 months was up I really didn't even think about going back to soda. I don't know what got into me last night. Normally I don't go to restaurants where you can get your own fountain drink. I thought it would be easier to not over do it by just putting a sip in my cup.