Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is anyone from TN.?

Hi Paul! Welcome! Looks like you are doing great! Glad you joined us! I was in Nashville this weekend at the Flea Market at the fairgrounds, it was so packed! I always love going though but it was estimated 65,000 people would come through there I think they all got there the same time I did! Have a good one, and welcome!

Hi all, I am from Lynchburg, TN. (originally from Kelso, Lincoln Co) and I teach Prek in Decherd(Franklin County). I am working with Baptist and Dr. Spaw. I am almost done. I am and have been, waiting on my 6 month paperwork and dr approval to be sent to Dr. Spaw. My doc's receptionist said it should be done Monday. I have been calling everyday to make sure. I also pray that Cigna approves it. I've heard they would but I had to do more paperwork than other insurances require. That's fine with me as long as they pay for it. I can't on my salary. I would love to have this done by Thanksgiving or at least before the end of the year. It's so good to know there are others who you can turn to for support and advice. I am the only teacher at my school having this done, but several have said they want more information, and can't wait to see how I do. I am so ready for this! I am not really nervous just anxious. I went last weekend and got the GNC 100% whey protien mixed berry drink. It tasted ok, just kinda made me nausiated and now I think it has made me constipated. I thought I'd go ahead and get myself used to the drinks. Hopefully soon!

I am from Obion County and I had surgery on 10/17/07 in Paducah, KY. Doing good so far and hoping to do better yet.

Carolyn

Hello,

I am going to Mayfield, they have doctors that come down from Georgetown, Ky. Where are u having yours ? Love to hear from u. Linda

I wonder if you know anything about support groups in Mayfield as that would be closer to me [i'm in Obion County, TN] than driving to Paducah every month. My doctor stresses that I will do better if I am in a group.

Carolyn

Hey Neighbors!

I am from Memphis/Cordova TN. My surgeon is Dr. Woodman and I turn my final paperwork in tomorrow! :redface: Dr. Woodman's office told me it could be 2 wks to 12 wks before getting an approval from my insurance. Are any of you Dr. Woodman's patients? And, if so, do any of you know if he requires a specific weight loss before surgery? If so, how much and does he do the liquid pre-op diet like some surgeons? I worry that I haven't lost enough. My 6 month Dr. supervised diet only produced a 14 lb. loss for me.

It's very exciting to see so many TN banders!

I look forward to chatting and making new friends!

Thanks!

:hurt:

Hello! I'm from Nashville and am being banded on May 9th. I have BC of Tn and the requirement was to loose 10%. It was not an easy journey. I had to loose weight, I got denied and then I had to gain weight to get approved. Hang in there...you'll get there!

Hey 2BtinyinTN - I am from around Murfreesboro, I had my surgery almost a year ago - May 2. Good luck on the journey ahead of you.

Hi LauraP! It looks like you have had a successful year! Where did you get banded? Any regrets? How do you get the ticker thing on here?

I live in Fayetteville, TN. Did I see that someone said there is a support group in Murfreesboro? That's a pretty good drive me for but I would like to attend if there is one.

2BtinyinTN - it has been a wonderful year. I was banded at MTMC, by Dr. Eckles. Love him and his staff. (little know fact, he has the band himself) The only regret is I did not get this done sooner. I have learned alot about myself this past year, met my food deamons face to face, still deal with head hunger now and then, and had a short love affair with ice-cream, committed to exercising 3 times a week.......busy year. As for the ticker,hhhhh there are instructions here on this site somewhere....... I will have to get back to you on that one.

Savedbygrace - I am from Murfreesboro, there is a support group that meets last Thursday of the month. I have been detailed with my job out of town so I have not been able to go lately. But if you are interested I can call and get the details for you.

Nice to meet all of yall........

Laura

Savedbygrace - I am from Murfreesboro, there is a support group that meets last Thursday of the month. I have been detailed with my job out of town so I have not been able to go lately. But if you are interested I can call and get the details for you.

I wouldn't be able to make it on a Thursday as it wouldn't give me time to get there after work but THANKS for replying!!!!!

LauraP-

I am sure I am going to be fighting those food demons too! Ice cream is my weakness...oh I could have a love affair with it too. I plan on winning the battle this time though! I feel I have already begun the journey but May 9th I will be in feet first! Thanks for the support group offer. I actually work at Vandy, having surgery here and they too have a support group on Thursdays. If you ever want to come to town let me know... If you find the ticker info that would be great too! Keep up the good work. Thanks for the info.

Hi,

I'm Debbie I live in Mt. Juliet just outside of Nashville. I was banded 1/08/07 by Dr. Morton at Baptist. It has been the greatest thing I have every done. I've lost around 80 pounds need to loose about 10 to 15 more and then maintain. That sounds so great to say. It's been more difficult lately, seems hard to stay away from the ice cream and choc. Starting my exercise again things seem to be alot easier when I'm dedicated to that. It's great to see that there are several people on here from TN. I don't know why I haven't checked out the thread before.

Nice to meet all of ya'll if I can be of any help to anyone let me know!

Debbie

banded 1/8/07

Dr. Morton

h235/c156/g145

Saved by Grace and , 2BTinyinTn, I also live in Murfreesboro and was banded by Dr Eckles. The support groups for Lap Band are also on the 2nd Thursday of the month along with the last Thursday of the month.