Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band to Sleeve in One surgery

I have my revision surgery scheduled and will be having it in a single operation too , I do not see the reason of having to go through 2 surgeries which will need more time off, recovery, etc when you can have it at once.

I have my revision surgery scheduled and will be having it in a single operation too , I do not see the reason of having to go through 2 surgeries which will need more time off, recovery, etc when you can have it at once.

I agree, but it seems that there are doctor's that don't agree. We are fortunate. My doctor took care of both procedures at one time. Lord knows I hardly had the time to take off, but it all worked out. I hope it all works out for those that have to have 2 surgeries.

I too are having revision from band to sleeve. Had the band done in 2006 too many problems. Insurance was very good and approved the revision less than 30 days. My revision is scheduled oct 20th. Feeling nervous. I just don't want the hunger pains that i had prior to the band.

I too are having revision from band to sleeve. Had the band done in 2006 too many problems. Insurance was very good and approved the revision less than 30 days. My revision is scheduled oct 20th. Feeling nervous. I just don't want the hunger pains that i had prior to the band.

I went from Band to sleeve on September 19th, and i must say that this been the highlight of the surgery minus the weight loss. I'm still adjusting to this feeling. I can't remember the last time I felt content and not stuff. A nice content, without the desire for one more bite. Over the weekend I went out to eat. Ate more of my seafood, because it was soft. Didn't desire any bread. Didn't want the salad, cause I wanted my food. Ate a few bite of other things on my plate. Left a lot, and didn't even want to take it home with me. I was wondering who I was. It's the new me. Lol! Was full throughout the night as well. Great feeling!

I am also scheduled for a revision on the 20th. Mine is scheduled for one surgery. My surgeon is confident that will be the outcome. He hasn't even discussed that it may have to be two. Good luck. I am also hoping that this surgery will have much better results.

I had my band to sleeve revision in one surgery. This was one of the deciding factors in choosing a surgeon for me. I did to want to go through 2 surgeries when i knew that a surgeon with revision experience could do it in just one surgery.

My surgery went very well and I am back home toughing it out on my liquid diet.

Same as me, the only reason I chose my surgeon was because he was competent at doing band to sleeve revisions in one surgery. Of course it wasn't guaranteed, he said he'd does his best but if it was too bad in there he wouldn't put me at risk. Fortunately all was ok a he did it in one go. So far so good :-)

Just had my revision completed on the 16th, and all went well. I was under for about 3 hours because they had to repair a hiatal hernia, but no drain tubes and I went home the following afternoon. liquids were a bit difficult for the first couple days, but it seems that I can drink the same as I did with the band now on day 3 postop. No hunger pains, but I am a bit tired and sore . I hope it goes as smoothly for all you others out there!

I have watched a lot of sleeves, in my work, and seen the increase in one stage revisions, and finally, I decided to go from Band to sleeve, on the 15 th September, so I texted the surgeon and made appointment with him, made gastroscopy appointment to check hiatal hernia and oesophagus, and spoke to surgeons rooms to book surgery. I was operated on last Tuesday 14th, and was home on the Wednesday.. Shoulder tip and back pain were my main issues but managed fine. I am still on free fluids, and have no hunger what so ever. I am managing on around 80 grams of Protein, added to either Soup or yoghurt and thinned down with skim milk.. Otherwise a lot of herbal teas, and one black coffee per day. And water.. So far so good.. I see surgeon on Wednesday.. I was a maladapted eater for over 18 months, and it had also given up smoking, had shocking reflux and heartburn, and basically bloody miserable with 40 pounds weight gain and as slipped band..so I feel so released, so relaxed, so new, happy.. I have been given an opportunity to do this the right way. The band was a Dream come true in 2007 for me, and I lost 65 pounds with it, but life wasn't always good.. Work lunches were a moment of panic, Breakfast was hit and miss, and the reflux was a killer, sleeping with 3 pillows. Going out to dinner meant scouring the menu for a risotto or a mashed potato side dish with fish, and long haul flights meant I could not eat after for 24 hours due to restriction..plus hit and miss with travel insurance coverage on each trip.. Sometimes they would cover me, other times, not, which is scary , going to the USA, and being technically uninsured..(live in Australia)

Now? One pillow..no gaviscon, so blockage, no cravings, no more weight gain, and I was a 10 coffees a day person, and now no coffee or cigarette cravings.. Weird, really weird..

But, yes, very very very happy with my decision..

I have watched a lot of sleeves, in my work, and seen the increase in one stage revisions, and finally, I decided to go from Band to sleeve, on the 15 th September, so I texted the surgeon and made appointment with him, made gastroscopy appointment to check hiatal hernia and oesophagus, and spoke to surgeons rooms to book surgery. I was operated on last Tuesday 14th, and was home on the Wednesday.. Shoulder tip and back pain were my main issues but managed fine. I am still on free fluids, and have no hunger what so ever. I am managing on around 80 grams of Protein, added to either Soup or yoghurt and thinned down with skim milk.. Otherwise a lot of herbal teas, and one black coffee per day. And water.. So far so good.. I see surgeon on Wednesday.. I was a maladapted eater for over 18 months, and it had also given up smoking, had shocking reflux and heartburn, and basically bloody miserable with 40 pounds weight gain and as slipped band..so I feel so released, so relaxed, so new, happy.. I have been given an opportunity to do this the right way. The band was a Dream come true in 2007 for me, and I lost 65 pounds with it, but life wasn't always good.. Work lunches were a moment of panic, breakfast was hit and miss, and the reflux was a killer, sleeping with 3 pillows. Going out to dinner meant scouring the menu for a risotto or a mashed potato side dish with fish, and long haul flights meant I could not eat after for 24 hours due to restriction..plus hit and miss with travel insurance coverage on each trip.. Sometimes they would cover me, other times, not, which is scary , going to the USA, and being technically uninsured..(live in Australia)

Now? One pillow..no gaviscon, so blockage, no cravings, no more weight gain, and I was a 10 coffees a day person, and now no coffee or cigarette cravings.. Weird, really weird..

But, yes, very very very happy with my decision..

It's truly a beautiful thing. Keep up the good work.