Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

VEGAS BASH - Pictures!

Laissez les bons temps roller! But are we already too late to get hotel rooms for 2005? (That's one good thing about the pity party -- no reservations required.)

New Orleans is great but Mardi Gras can be alittle over the top and dangerous I went once before and swore I wouldn't do that again but if thats the only way to see you all then I am in.

Feb 8 is hubby's birthday. I might actually be able to swing that! But DeLarla & Mardi Gras... isn't that kinda dangerous? But if it's too late for hotel reservations, I guess we just gotta go to Penni's.

But DeLarla & Mardi Gras... isn't that kinda dangerous?
AND FUN to see the outcome. I have never been to Mardi Gras. Sounds like a blast. Gotta go look at the calendar.

I love the avatar pic Becky shrunk for me. Gonna go change it now.

Hi Everyone,

It looks like I was the last one back from Vegas! Got home at 12:30 am this morning and I am pooped! Missed my kids terrribly and I barely had time to get them off to school this morning and now I am back to work sitting at my desk thinking of my wonderful 4 day weekend in Vegas.....

Lisa: Thank you for being the best host and opening your home to all of us. I know we will meet again. I have so much more I want to say to you, but I have to get to work, so I will call you.!

Leatha and Ginny: You were great roommates although I know you did not see as much of me despite the close proximity.! I have a reputation of being a cosmic traveler and like to be alone and wander occasionally. It is a form of ADD!!!

Leatha: I am glad you won some money there at the end of your trip! I did too, just not as much as you. My last night, I won about 125 dollars. Although it didnt cover my trip, it helped me justify all my big spending.

Michelle: You look wonderful and what a strong and brave woman you are.! After hearing your story about your boys, it made me realize how much we need to enjoy life to the fullest and cherish every moment we can with our families. You are such a brave woman and having stood in the face of adversity, you have triumphed. Kudos to you.

Donali: You are everything I thought you would be and so much more! What a generous spirit you have and thanks for listening to me drone on for an hour at dinner. I wish you much luck with you man and the new living arrangements.

Vera and Carol: I cant beleive how many wonderful things you did to help with the party. You are both fantastic people and I feel honored to have met both of you.

THeresa: You and your hubby are wonderful people and I know you will be successful with your journey. Look how well you have done already.

Penni: I am awed by your kindness. I bet you were the best nurse ever and if I were ill, I would want you to take care of me.

Megan: I hardly had time to see you and I didnt really get to talk with you, but you look so very happy! I wish you luck with your journey!

There are so many things I want to say, but my brain is still not coherent yet, so I will wait to give you the extended thanks . I really enjoyed my trip and having the chance to meet with all of you. Big hugs to everyone.

Babs in TX

334/195/170

Just now reading the requests for avatars - did Lisa G fix you all up? Let me know if anyone needs anything else!

I didn't take enough pics, either, but here's a collage of what I got... :)

post-203690-13813131433822_thumb.jpg

Donali, if John actually found traces of gold in the rocks, please tell us immediately. Chris will probably wet his pants if he hears that. We'll want to know where John found it. Did he find a lot more after we left you? Did you play much longer? And thank you, thank you, thank you for the presents.

Of course I will let you know if any of the specks are gold, but Chris has to understand that if it IS gold, it is a very teeny tiny amount. :)

He found some more specimens bearing the silver ore like the ones you already saw. We did not stay too much longer after you left - it was hot, and we needed to get back.

Luckily, traffic was not as bad as I feared, and we arrived at 9:45pm, so all worked out perfectly!

:D

Hey Donali, that's a mighty fine pic of my hubby you got! And the shot of you & John at Hoover Damn is great! And if John found so much as a speck of gold, that would be awesome! It would give Chris hope to find more. Chris will probably go buy a generator so he can jackhammer sides of mountains open after John showed him all that silver.

Penni, cute, cute new avatar!

I like you much better now babs you look great! I'de get hungry each time I looked at you before:D

Hey everybody! I FINALLY had a chance to check out all the great photos from the Vegas Bash. Thanks to everyone for their kind words! My sister Bridget and friend Brigid and I all had a great time. I'm sorry we left early...we stayed up way too late the night before and needed a nap.

It was a great pleasure to meet everyone, and have a chance to talk to people face to face that have the same challenges and successes that I have. I was thinking on the plane home last night that every one of you that I met on Saturday seem very strong and confident and I wondered if it was a coincidence or not...maybe it takes a strong confident woman to choose a better life for herself and her family and friends? Maybe the band helps us with our strength and confidence? Maybe it's a combination of the two.

Thanks to all those who either lugged your old clothes to Vegas or had the fortsight to send them. I found lots of great stuff that I wll love fitting into on my way down.

I didn't get a chance to talk to everyone, and not very in depth but I just want those I did get a chance to get to know a little that I think you are all very special and I'm better for having met you.

Special thanks to Lisa for hosting the party. It's a hell of a lot of work to make an event like that happen and I very much appreciate it. Also thanks for sending me the clothes. I know it's a big pain in the pattotie so know I appreciate it a lot.

Donali- have I known you all of my life? I felt an instant bond with you.

Penni- thanks for all of your hard work in getting us organized. You and your husband are so much fun and very welcoming.

Vera-your enchiladas were awesome and your happy spirit is contagious.

Carol- My sister and friend had a wonderful time chatting with you, and your margaritas were yuuummmy!

Michelle- your strength is amazing. So are your eyes- but it's not just the color of them, but the strength I saw in them that made them beautiful.

Leatha- what a sweetheart. I didn't have much of a chance to talk to you but you are very warm and your smile is beautiful.

Ginny- Glad you found a pile of clothes too. Your story is amazing and I commend you for the choices you've made. I'm sure it hasn't been easy.

Teresa- I still can't believe you and your husband drove so far. It just shows how determined you are! You seem very kind and sweet. I hope you found some cute stuff to take home with you in that huge pile of clothes!

Texas Babs- Thanks for bringing your before pictures. You inspired me!

Karen- besides your beautiful teeth, you are very charming and have a great sense of humor. I could have talked to you all day!

Vika- I only chatted with you for a second...I think you look amazing and I love the way you carry yourself.

I hope I remembered everyone. I look forward to the bash next year- and this time I'm leaving the sister and friend at home so I can party with the rest of you!

I was just thinking= can I get the recipies for all of the yummy food and drinks? Everything was sooo good. Bandsters sure know how to cook!

Love to all...

Megan

Megan - LOVE the new avatar. I never imagined we'd all have new faces to post from the bash, the bash just keeps giving and giving. Sorry I was so out-of-control that I didn't even slow down long enough to chat, but I had an insane week and barely slept. By the time you all got there, all I wanted to do was... well, jump in the pool with a bucket of margueritas! So that's what I did. I mailed your clothes out yesterday. Tell the Brigs thanks for joining us, and I was suprised people stayed as long as they did, cuz if I didn't live here, I'd want to hit the Strip myself!

Thanks to everyone who donated clothes. I hate shopping, so it was really hard to let go of my favorite things. But I got so much in return. At the last minute I donated nearly my entire wardrobe because Michelle mailed me tons before the bash. I was in the pool during the clothing exchange, so I didn't see half of what came in, but SO much was left behind! Greedy me went through the stuff again last night and found another huge pile. Yesterday I wore some pretty burgundy cords with a flower top. Today I have on this flowy green & blue sweater. I wish I knew whose clothes I'm wearing!

I think the special thanks goes to Penni for kick starting the whole thing. And seriously, everyone that pitched in cleaing and cooking, Carol, Vera, Ginny, Penni, heck the list is too long. I was seriously spent, and it was sooo nice waking up to a clean kitchen!

Donali - I still can't believe you gave me such a cool gift. I have been burning the candle at both ends for too long, and didn't even get a chance to open it till last night. I figured out how to play a disc, so I layed in bed, turned off the lights and listened to classical guitar. For the first time in 5 years I went to bed before Chris, cause I was out before 8pm. And thank you for the eggs.. I still haven't opened mine cuz I'm like a kid and I like the presents to last a long time. I'm saving it for a couple more days.

And thanks to John for showing us how to find silver. I have the samples in my office with other rocks I've found.

Penni - geeze, where do I start? Too many thank yous for you & John to even list! The paints for Chloe, ten tons of clothes, presents from Jamaica, private concert, chauffer, maid service, party coordinator. I got the tiara, but you earned the crown.

Vera - I don't remember the actual ceremony, so are we married? I woke up wearing the 11 karat diamond ring you gave me. I LOVE that ring - goes well with the tiara! Thank you for that ring, it's so fun to wear and I see you in it. Everyone at work thanks you cuz I brought some enchiladas for them. Thanks for all the hard work you did in my kitchen, you rock!

Carol, you're just too nice. Thanks for buying and making all those margis. Sorry I drank most of them. Thanks for being so tolerant of me - I shoulda been a more graceful hostess, but stress will do that to a girl!

Michelle, again, thank you so much for all the clothes. We're close enough that I'll be seeing you again soon to actually spend some time together.

Leatha - Thanks for coming swimming with me! How fun was that? I'm sorry your boob flopped out (no I'm not.) I have your package ready for mailing, but I deleted my PM box because it was too full (oops) so I need your address again. You are a living doll, what a nice person you are. Congrads on all those scars!

Ginny - Brilliant minds, yadda yadda... not only do we own the same blouse, but most of the stuff I mailed yesterday was once mine. I think you're amazing for taking care of those boys.

Teresa - your little sunshiney face just matches your darling little heart. Thanks for playing in the pool with me and for sharing our intimate concert & thanks to KC for being such a supportive guy to you and the rest of us. He's just right in the middle of it all, that's so cool.

Texas Babs - What a cute & fun girl you are! Glad you had a blast in Vegas. You look amazing.

Karen - well, I owe my whole band to you, so how do you top that?

Vika - I finally met one of the mysterious Vegas Bandster! Thanks so much for coming and for bringing the guac. I'll see you at the next Vegas Bandster lunch.

If I forgot anyone, it's Megan's fault! Megan, sorry for using your post to copy and paste, but I wanted to make sure I got offical thank yous to everyone like the rest of you did. I'm always running to catch up!