Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for Hamiltonians

This has been about 6 month prep! I went last year but I was a smoker and had not stopped! I'm now 13 months smoke free and in august I began the journey again!

This has been about 6 month prep! I went last year but I was a smoker and had not stopped! I'm now 13 months smoke free and in august I began the journey again!

Congrats on quitting smoking! That could not have been easy. And 6 months is awesome. I think I'm going to have to request a transfer. Hamilton has me pegged to wait around a year! :(

Anyway, I hope it all goes really well for you. You quit smoking for this surgery! You will be a success story for sure! :)

Thank you! I smoked for 27 years and no one thought I could do it! Doesn't hurt to try another hospital? Good luck!

How was the surgery? I hope things went well and you're on the mend!

Brampton, Ancaster, Hamilton and I'm in Milton. I had my surgery one week ago at Humber River after being told not to expect a date until May or June. I phoned the surgeon's office in early Dec after completing all the other appts, classes, tests, etc and they'd just added two dates for surgery and I got one of them!

Would love to connect; any interest in meeting in person if we could figure out a central location?

@@CanadianGirl74 I discovered that using a packet of Folgers or Starbucks instant Decaf in the Optifast helped a lot; both the vanilla and the chocolate. Also making them as cold as possible. I was actually surprised that they weren't as bad as I'd been dreading!

Am curious though about what people are paying for it. My surgeon charges $110 for a week's worth; is that pretty standard?

Brampton, Ancaster, Hamilton and I'm in Milton. I had my surgery one week ago at Humber River after being told not to expect a date until May or June. I phoned the surgeon's office in early Dec after completing all the other appts, classes, tests, etc and they'd just added two dates for surgery and I got one of them!

Would love to connect; any interest in meeting in person if we could figure out a central location?

I am in Brampton. Would love to connect. I had Surgery Jan 13

@@cab127 So your one day ahead of me! When you're up to it, would love to meet up and compare notes. My family thought I was crazy for doing this and it would be great to have someone to talk with about it! I'm sure we could find a convenient place to meet.

Hi. I am getting bypass done at St.Joe's in Hamilton as well. A VERY slow process. I had my orientation in November, 2014. I have heard anything from them since. I've called and was told that they are just starting booking people from the June 2014 orientation. I was so psyched to get appointment. Its taking longer than I expected but hopefully once first appointment is booked, it is a quicker process.

Hi. I am getting bypass done at St.Joe's in Hamilton as well. A VERY slow process. I had my orientation in November, 2014. I have heard anything from them since. I've called and was told that they are just starting booking people from the June 2014 orientation. I was so psyched to get appointment. Its taking longer than I expected but hopefully once first appointment is booked, it is a quicker process.

Hello fellow Hamiltonian! Apparently it is considerably faster after that initial appointment. They are supposedly one of the busiest clinics. It's interesting how wait times vary. I transferred to Toronto Western to lessen the wait time because, even with starting over, their timeline from orientation to surgery is faster. I sometimes wonder if I should have just been patient. Driving to Toronto for appointments, dealing with the traffic, and then parking is more to deal with. That said, there's no looking back now! Lol

Anyway nice to meet someone local. Keep us posted when you hear!

I just had orientation at st joes thus week and thet said its about 8 to 9 months until assessment appointments are booked. They also saud that our family dr can requisition the tests except the bloodwork so it can help shorten the time. So while I wait for the "mail" I am going to book as much of the other testing, start seeing a NUT (my hubbys benefits cover one) and start some exercises. Hopefully the wait won't seem as long.

I just had orientation at st joes thus week and thet said its about 8 to 9 months until assessment appointments are booked. They also saud that our family dr can requisition the tests except the bloodwork so it can help shorten the time. So while I wait for the "mail" I am going to book as much of the other testing, start seeing a NUT (my hubbys benefits cover one) and start some exercises. Hopefully the wait won't seem as long.

All great things to do while waiting. People on here have recommended to me that I take copies of my tests to my first POST-Orientation appointment. Just thought I'd pass that to you as well in case it's helpful.

And great idea about seeing a nutritionist! Because of my BMI being close to the cut-off I was told not to lose weight as it may interfere with qualifying for the surgery. But, I think getting nutritional advice is a smart thing to do. I may follow you on that!

Anyway, what's 8 months after a lifetime of obese? If the people on here are any indication, all of this waiting will be so worth it.

Good luck to you! Keep in touch.

@@anewme2015 thank you! I figure dwelling on the amount of time (8 months really isn't long in the grand scheme, and I've been contemplating wls for years) I'll be proactive. And having all the results for that first appointment is a great idea.

I already see my PCP every 3 months so hopefully we'll get those tests done sooner rather than later.

I also know that seeing the NUT won't hurt chances to be turned down but I'm also aware that almost 30 yrs of "dieting" hasn't worked either so I need the extra push of a permanent solution :)

I had rny surgery at St joes in hamilton nov 26. ????