Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

9 days out and wondering why I don't feel any different?

Sorry I didn't mean to insinuate all horror stories are bull. I should have clarified-

What I meant to say was.. The stories about someone's sisters 4th cousins uncle who had a hard time, or the ones about those who are no compliant and don't know why they feel bad...

Legitimate problems exist unfortunately, and I do feel bad for those people. They need support most of all.

I do know some drama queens though, so....

My doctor said that is what the rumor is...but the straws really only cause extra gas...which I never had a problem with to start with...I've heard it put every way...you just have to go with your gut...after 15 years as an ER nurse...that's the best advice I can give...just finished (push) mowing my half acre yard...many would say don't do that 10 days out...but I know my body..I even went back to work yesterday..just told every one I couldn't lift!!!..,haha I was going crazy at this house!!

No problems, here, thank God. I was revision band to sleeve 6 days ago - going back to work today. Pain meds for 2 days only because I didn't want to feel any breakthrough pain (but never did).

I can drink an 11 ounce Protein shake at one time (well, taking about an hour, lol). Get all my Water every day, since 2 days after surgery.

I haven't tried any food that will fill my sleeve yet. I will try applesauce tomorrow, but I don't expect any problems.

Yay for the boring patients! I love it when my doctor tells me I'm boring! :)

Lol yes yay!!...after I found out there were more out there..my fears subsided

I had the most uneventful recovery ever. I didn't really need the pain meds in the hospital. I came home and didn't have any nausea or issues with drinking anything or eating most anything Everything healed up as it should have. And knock on wood my hair has not fallen out.

I didn't take any pain meds either...I hope I'm the same...I don't wanna beef bald!!! Haha

Continuing my crusade to take the fear and anxiety out of The Dreaded Week-3 Stall, I refer you to this link in another forum. It explains that no, we're not crazy, and our doctor didn't screw up our surgery. The stall has a biological explanation that goes back to our caveman beginnings. Check it out and feel better! http://www.dsfacts.com/weight-loss-stall-or-plateau.php

Continuing my crusade to take the fear and anxiety out of The Dreaded Week-3 Stall, I refer you to this link in another forum. It explains that no, we're not crazy, and our doctor didn't screw up our surgery. The stall has a biological explanation that goes back to our caveman beginnings. Check it out and feel better! http://www.dsfacts.com/weight-loss-stall-or-plateau.php

So far I haven't had this problem and I am almost a month out. I also had to lose 20 lbs of Fluid altogether for each of my hospital stays.

Could be my body is playing catch up, I don't know. At this point I have been losing a pound or two per day, except during the ten days in the hospital.. I gained the Fluid.< /p>

My first 48 hours were a little rough because of nausea, but today, day 5, I went to work. Self-employed so not much choice. But felt great. Got tired about 3:30 and came home a little early. No real pain or problems. No pain meds since day 2 post-op. Thank God! 5 lbs lost too!!

I was sleeved over two years ago and have never had a problem eating what I was supposed to eat. In fact, I have had no problems whatsoever. My capacity for food is obviously less, but there has been no pain or discomfort.

Well, it is a relief to know that there are more of us out there. I was wondering if my doctor actually did anything, I was out on 3 mile bike ride 4days after surgery. No food or liquid issues, I just decided that my angels were working overtime.

Best wishes to everyone, continue to enjoy all the wonderful blessing you have been given.

I am so glad to see this post. I was sleeved on August 4th, and I am going through the same things. Things seemed to be going almost too good..... plus I was concerned about being able to drink so much. I even called my bariatric nurse, who said this is normal. Surely, I know everyone is different but it helps to know that there are others who may be experiencing a similar situation.

I am still on liquids and look forward to the next phase, as this one is a small struggle, but it is a struggle in my mind I think because of it being liquid meals.... and usually the liquids are associated with beverages (aside from soup/broth).

I am guessing that once I advance to puree, it will be different altogether in how I continue to adjust and I am hoping it will help give a boost towards my weight loss. (not sure if that makes sense)

Thank you for this post! I was almost afraid to post about how easy it's been for me so far with the surgery and recover because I didn't want to be all humble-bragging. But, it's the truth for me. I've had very little pain,, very little to no nausea (in fact, none at all today) and I'm dropping 2 lbs a day since my surgery on August 13th. I'm not even tired. I walk 3,000 steps a day, I get in 60 - 70 gm of Protein on the stage I liquids I'm on and I get at least 64 oz of liquids in a day. I can't believe how easy it's been. I keep waiting for it to go horribly wrong or something.