Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 month stall - I gotta do better!

I've been on a stall nearly 2 months now. I am just under the 200 pound mark. Nice to be in Onederland again, but every 3 or 4 days it seems as if I regain just to the 200 mark before dropping back down to 198. I know I could do better. I eat a pastry every now and then, I stuff myself periodically, making myself feel bad before I remember that I don't need to do this to myself.

Even though I'm stalling, I had two people tell me this week that they've noticed I've lost quite a bit of weight. I had not told them of my surgery, so it was nice to hear that people were noticing. My sister, who has always been the tiny one in my family, gave me a couple of her dresses (size 10 & 12) that she outgrew. It was nice that she has faith in me in getting down to that weight when I'm not sure myself that it is possible. Love that girl bunches. She has put on weight, and I really feel for her, but she still looks great at around 160.

I go and see my surgeon this week for a follow up. I'm going to try to be good this week to try and lose one or two more pounds, but so far I haven't been able to shake up my diet. I did give up pretzel sticks, which I thought might be a contributing factor, but it is going to be hard to give up the Bacon Jerky that I've been enjoying.

pretzels

Pastries

Stuffing yourself occasionally

Bacon Jerky

OK, drop at least 2 of these and I'll bet the scale starts to move down?

tmf

Not sure this qualifies as a true stall whereby you are eating what you should vs having some dietary issues that you need to review and correct. Go back to your post op basics and remember you have worked too hard to not see it to the end.

Wow! I could have written that! lol. You sound a lot like me, though I'm not quite in Onederland--just at 200 but I'm at a stall. I have been cheating here and there and need to stop! I wish it made me sick. I would say that we both need to stop the pastries or the cheats and things should start working again. Amp up the exercise a bit more, make sure you get in your Water and Protein. Don't eat too fast, but don't eat beyond 30 minutes either. Don't drink anything with your meals. Someone had suggested having Protein every couple of hours--Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner. Though I have to say--I'm getting really sick of chicken,which scares me because I don't know what else to eat if not chicken

Anyway, not sure if I'm telling you this or myself!! lol Best of luck.

Esskay,

salmon, low fat hamburger, turkey, Beans, tuna, tilapia, shrimp, pork can all be prepared to fit into our lifestyle.

Has weight been an issue all your life? It is difficult to break old habits. But you have worked so hard to A. Get the surgery B. Lose the weight. I don't know how often your doctor tells you to weigh yourself, but the scale can be a person's worst enemy. Your clothing size is what matters.

Don't give up. We are all going to stray once in a while, but that is what it should be. Once in a wile. Best of luck.

Myself, I am older...in my sixties. Never had a significant weight problem till I started with antidepressants. This medicine, in my case, causes me to crave simple carbs. Sugars. The last sixteen years I have been morbidly obese and my surgery date is Sept. 9th. Please, remember why you got the surgery in the first place. Healthy eating is a new way of thinking, a new way of life.

Glad you posted this. Seems like were stuck in the same boat. I've been bouncing around from 199 to 201 for the last 2 months also. Would love to hear anyone's suggestions.

One definite change since the surgery is that I've been craving salads. Never liked them before. I have at least 3 or 4 a week, whereas a pastry maybe once a week, if that. Of course, on my salads, I put hard boiled eggs, bacon bits, and cheese along with all the veggies. I've also fallen in love with cherry tomatoes. Yummy.

Had some bacon this morning for Breakfast, then got on the scale...197.4! Yay!...I think. I didn't get in all my Water yesterday so may be slightly dehydrated.

Has weight been an issue all your life?

Never had a significant weight problem till I started with antidepressants. This medicine, in my case, causes me to crave simple carbs. Sugars. The last sixteen years I have been morbidly obese and my surgery date is Sept. 9th.

I've always been a bit heavy, but not morbidly obese. In the Army I always had to have the body fat test cause I was just over the standardized table weights, but I was always just under the max for the body fat test. I started to run 7 miles, 3 times a week and that got me down to 130 at one point. It ruined my knees....I now have arthritis and have been told not to run any more.

My weight started to balloon when I hit menopause, and my thyroid doesn't put out as much hormone as it should. I'm on medication for that, but other than helping with my energy level, it didn't help me lose the weight I had gained.

Good luck on your surgery. I am 57 and I wish I could have done this sooner.

Hang it there Rena!!

To go through the expense, surgery, and emotions involved how can you cheat? We are all educated in what we can and cannot eat. Go on line and look up recipes. You are allowed almost any food you wish.....but are limited with carbs, and sweets. Bariatric surgery is a tool. Self control is the absolute key. No cheating ever. You will loose the pounds. Again self control.

How can I cheat? Yes, I was educated and know what I am supposed to do, but heck, I'm not by any means perfect. If I had willpower, I wouldn't have gotten in this mess in the first place. But...I try, which is all I can do...and I did get on the scales this morning 2 pounds down, so my stall could possibly be broken. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I am sorry that I was so harsh, I found that when I get hungry for something that I shouldn't have I take a few bites of something that I am not crazy about. For example no fat cottage cheese. That kills my appetite. Find something that works for you. Wish you luck.

I think I found something.... I got nauseated the other day and went the whole day without eating more than a few cherry tomatoes. The next day I couldn't eat much at all, it is as if I could feel a definite restriction again. I was actually down to 194 this morning. SO next time I get on a stall, I think I'll just fast for a day. It is nice to have the feeling of the restriction back.

Rena, I broke a 3 month stall by going on the 5:2 diet, but, I changed it to a 4:3 diet. It's not really dieting, it's just not eating from one night till about 2 pm the following day and then only eating 600 calories from 2 till 6 pm. Then back to normal eating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq1jwtFeGvk