Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you tolorate Subway?

What kind of subs do you get? Amount you can eat?

Nope, I can't do the bread. I have eaten two slices of ham and a cucumber slice from my husbands sub. That was about all I could manage at the time. Was about 4-5 weeks out at the time. Even today I wouldn't be able to have the bread, just maybe more veggies but not a whole lot more

I can't do the bread. I will occasionally get a salad from there or just eat the meat off a sandwich.

Have you tried the flatbread? Otherwise, yes, you eat the stuff off or get the salad with dressing on the side. That's what i do.

I used to eat Subway ALL the time. In fact, that was my last meal before I started my preop. But I've only had it once postop. Turkey bacon with all the fixings. I took the top 1/2 of the bread off and sliced the bottom 1/2 in 1/2 so it was a thin sliver of bread. It took me 3 meals to eat a six inch. Now that you mention it, I may have to go get one of their applewood pulled pork sandwiches soon....I will just eat the meat with a fork. Mmmmm

Amazing....I can eat bread, toast, English muffins and scones, but only a few bites. I can eat subway, but the thought of the big bread makes me gag, the fullness we have is just overwhelming, and I don't want my stomach to hurt so I say the thinnest bread you can get, plus bread I think causes stalls, I have been eating lots of beads and my weight loss stalled until the other day when I at more veggies and kicked up my Proteins.....'

I can eat at Subway - I'm 8.5 months out. I will order a 6" turkey. I take 2 bites with the bread, that's all I can tolerate, but it's nice to feel "normal"...I then eat the insides. I can't eat a lot of raw veggies, they are hard on my tummy still.

I can't do bread. But I have the Soup or a salad. I'm 14 months out. :-)

I can't do bread, rice, Pasta or potatoes. But a few weekends ago I was really hungry and had to eat something. So I had a 3 inch flatbread with turkey and cheese. I ate some of the flatbread but it felt really uncomfortable so I just ate the turkey and cheese. I really don't care for bread and I don't miss it. So subway is something I would probably not eat again unless I am super hungry and I would skip the bread.

"Tolerate" yes. "Desire" no way.

A buddy has extensive food allergies & that's one of the few places he can make a suitable meal for himself.

There isn't anything on their menu that appeals to me, although I can eat a few bites of their stuff and have tried most of their offerings. Sometimes I can get a 6" eaten after 2 or 3 meals.

I don't find their menu appealing at all.

Somehow the franchise reminds more of a nurse's station circa 1955. They are clean and predictable.

I can eat so little, I prefer to eat good quality meats and cheeses whenever possible. Subway is not the answer FOR ME. I can't tolerate the bread, it fills me up far too fast and creates a stuck feeling I can't tolerate. There are many other fast food options out there that work better for me.

I have not had subway post op, but I have no issue with bread or anything like that. I work right next to a subway, but I prefer to just eat my frozen meals for lunch since they are only 200 to 300 calories. When it comes to sandwiches or subs, I always end up taking a bite or two of the bread and eating as much of the meat/cheese as the tummy will allow. A six inch sub is going to be about 3 meals for me.

I have not tried bread since my surgery in March. The doctor said cut carbs and that is what I did. I do eat at subway though, I get the double chopped club salad and it lasts a few meals. Or my husband finishes it whichever comes first lol.

What's funny is that my doctor uses the 'Subway sandwich' test to gauge if you need a fill or not. The first thing he'll ask when going in for a fill is can you eat a 6 inch sub? If so, it's time for a fill. If you can only eat half then you don't need a fill. Very scientific stuff!! Luckily bread doesn't bother me bc I love a good sandwich.

I've tried getting salads there a few times since my surgery but I end up just throwing away most of it because the spinach and veggies get all gross from the dressing before I can eat it all. I rather grocery store salad bars that charge you by the lb. No waste and I get off cheaper.

I had part of a flatbread thing from quiznos last week as I had forgotten to pack a lunch. Most regrettable as the bread made me feel horrible. Fortunately since I've gotten up early enough to pack something.