Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Dates?:)

So we are :-) I am getting nervous excited

So we are :-) I am getting nervous excited

This has taken some time to get here, we have been very focused. Now we have the date and most our task are over the mind wants to take over and go negative. A big part of this journey is; we have to change Mind, Body and Soul. So start working on the mind peace. We KNOW this is right for us or we would not have made it this far! We can do this!!!

Im 12 days out and wondering if this the right decision, yikes! Im just scared but I will follow through. Prayers to everyone.

Im 12 days out and wondering if this the right decision, yikes! Im just scared but I will follow through. Prayers to everyone.

Whats going on, maybe we can help you get over the bump? 12 days in, you are still "breaking in" like new car.

I chose the wrong word, lol. Its 12 days til my surgery and I spooked about losing most of my stomach :-)

I chose the wrong word, lol. Its 12 days til my surgery and I spooked about losing most of my stomach :-)

Well that does put different spin on it..LOL I think the same advice a gave to laynle would also apply to you...

This has taken some time to get here, we have been very focused. Now we have the date and most our task are over the mind wants to take over and go negative. A big part of this journey is; we have to change Mind, Body and Soul. So start working on the mind peace. We KNOW this is right for us or we would not have made it this far! We can do this!!!

Besides you are not losing 90% of your tummy...you are gaining a SLEEVE!! Its very powerful Tool, that you must respect but when used with the proper technique, you will see some amazing results from your hard work....Com on ....WE got this....

Thanks for the words of wisdom. Good luck with your surgery I think everything is going to go well for all of us. By the way I had a call from the surgery scheduler today they change my surgery date from 8 October to 7 October. Yikes now I'm even more nervous ha ha.

I just had my last appt today and signed the consent forms etc. Exciting!

I go in Monday for my preop my EKG and my labs. I meet with the surgeon for the last time and then I guess everything else is ready to go. Good luck everybody!

Laynie

Did they give you any samples of Protein mixes or drinks for your preop diet or did they just give you a list of what to buy?

I'm right with you! I'll be going in for mine on the 14th of October and have been a little emotional lately when I speak with my children mostly.

I was like this with my 4th and final pregnancy as well .... I want to know the mortality rates - I want to know complications & what they look like...

I am fearful and scared too - I'm trying to give it all to the higher power!

There are so many major health reasons 'why' I need this ... My pros far out weigh the cons... Luckily!

Prayers to you!!

Hi, I just quit smoking in July. I never thought I would be able to overcome that hurdle because I had attempted to quit so many times before. I was determined to quit for my health and for a quick recovery after surgery. It also helped that my surgeon required me to quit 3 months before surgery :).

I want to give you some tips to overcome the urge. You will probably experience your worst withdrawal the first 2 weeks. Try to make flushing the nicotine from your system top priority (morning until night); drinking cranberry and or grapefruit juice and lots of Water. Also begin taking a Multivitamin. Once the nicotine leaves your system the craving will subside.

You can do it and hope this will help you.

Dana

Thank you so much for your thoughts and guidance! Apologize for not seeing it sooner. I've gotta get the kids to set my notifications up properly!!

I was able to stop - it's going on 2 1/2 weeks - still on chantix and will remain until a month after surgery - I am thinking. Have you had your surgery yet? How are you doing?

My date is Oct 15th, nervous as well!

Hi!! I am the 14th of October!!

(Just thought I'd mention it since I saw your date was close to mine - lol)

Good luck to you!!

Do you have to do a 2 week or 1 week pre-op diet?

I'm 10/16! I should start my liquid diet 10/9. Looking for surgery buddies!