Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So What's Your Opinion - Isopure or Isopuke?

Hello everyone. I'll be having surgery this Thursday (7/31) at Baylor Regional Medical Center in Plano, Texas. I 've read a lot about how peoples tastes change after surgery. My two biggest concerns post surgery are staying hydrated and getting my Protein in. I thought Isopure would help potentially do both. I have 35 20oz bottles of Isopure being refrigerated. The flavors are Alpine Punch, Apple Melon, and Grape. I split a bottle three ways with my wife and son who will also be having the surgery later this year. We tried the Alpine Punch and thought it was decent nothing to write home about but certainly nothing that would make me puke or think that I couldn't drink this. My question is this, did you try this before surgery and thought it was ok only to find out you couldn't stomach (no pun intended) it after surgery? Right now it justs tastes to me like diluted Kool Ade. Definitely not sweet enough but not bad. I've heard people say it was sickingly sweet after surgery. What's your opinion?

If my tastes buds change dramatically I might have 34 bottles for sale cheap next week. Thanks in advance for your opinions.

I couldn't stand Isopure before surgery or after. I was really hoping I would like it because it was an easy option but alas, I can't stand the aftertaste I get from it. I like really sweet stuff so that wouldn't be a problem for me. I ended up drinking Powerade Zero for liquids and Protein shakes.

Honestly, I read so many negative reviews of Isopure, I haven't tried it. I do like Javapro, which is by Isopure. But then, I'm a coffee fiend.

I tried Isopure prior to surgery and I still like it now. I like Alpine Punch, Mango Peach, and Blue Raspberry. When I was in the clear liquid phase after surgery, I used the Isopure to make Jello (replaced one cup cold Water in the ingredients with one cup Isopure out of the fridge) and it added Protein to my jello. Some combos are really good, like strawberry jello made with Mango Peach Isopure. Good stuff!

Thanks everyone so far for your and input and also for the tips. Jello is a great idea. The good trend I see so far is that no one changed their opinion of Isopure after the surgery. You either kind of liked it or hated it from the beginning. That makes me feel better that I should be able to tolerate it after surgery. I did notice that as it warmed up it tasted much worse so for me keeping it on ice is probably the solution providing that my stomach will be able to handle cold liquids.< /p>

Right now I'm envisioning a chilled ice bucket full of Isopure long necks with Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville playing in the background. Party On!

I liked it before & after. I usually add a lil crystal lite lemon or pure lemon and dilute with Water over crushed ice. Nice cool drink for hot summer day

i started drinking Isopure after surgery and the only flavor i care for is the black tea with lemon. it's kind of like a diet snapple, which certainly isn't my favorite type of drink since i'd much rather have an unsweetened tea. however, i just pour it over crushed ice and squeeze a little lime or lemon and it's very tolerable for me. i haven't tried ALL the flavors, but the others that i have tried tasted way too artificial for my liking. the Vitamin Shoppe near me says the black tea seems to be the most popular based on their sales and honestly, at 40g per 20oz, i make it a point to drink one daily! hope this helps. :)

I couldn't do it. I tried the passion fruit, and it tasted so awful that I gagged. The grape was a little better, but not much. It tasted like it had old cheese in it. I was so hoping I'd be able to drink it, but I'm seriously afraid it will make me throw up. :(