Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What does your daily menu consist of?

I am seven months post surgery. I just hit my goal weight, 132 pounds lost. Right now I am eating 1100-1200 calories a day.

Breakfast-Protein shake (some combination using powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chocolate Splendor or strawberry Sorbet, Chike Iced coffee, PB2, Syntrax Fuzzy Navel. Once a week I will have scrambled eggs with a whole weat english muffin.

AM Snack- String cheese, Babybel cheese or Fage Greek Yogurt, Jerky

Lunch- 3-4 ounces Canned chicken or Shrimp, mixed with Light mayo and celery, wrapped in lettuce leaves. Deli Ham rollups, leftover dinner from the night before

PM Snack- Quest Protein Bar, Almonds, Peanut Butter with celery or a few ritz crackers, apple or berries

Dinner- 4 ounces of Protein (lot of fish: salmon, swordfish, tilapia, crab cake, shrimp, scallops) but also steak, chicken, turkey, pork and hamburger. and 1-2 ounces of vegetables.

I really have no desire to eat dessert. On occasion I will have an Unjury Protein Peanut Butter Cup. I have had a couple drinks, usually bourbon. Red Wine does not sit well with my sleeve at all and I usually avoid it.

Fluids: Water, flavored water, propel, Vitamin Water, crystal light

I'm 8 months out and 10# from my surgeon's goal for me , I'd like to lose another 20#...

Breakfast-usually egg whites fried with a 1/2 of a slice of light American cheese or Premier Protein shake.

Snack-if I had an early Breakfast I may have my shake now, but my nut frowns on snacking...

Lunch-2oz deli turkey or ham usually rolled with sandwich sliced pickles and string cheese in the middle, a rice paper roll up with turkey, avocado, carrots, lettuce and green onions with my homemade thai peanut sauce, or 5 slices of hard salami with one slice cooper cheese and 3-4 slices of apples.

Snack-if I need one it's typically almonds, sliced apples with Peanut Butter Greek yogurt dip, beef Jerky, a few whole grain tortilla chips or some watermelon.

Dinner-usually 3-4oz Protein like chicken, steak or fish and a small amount of salad or veggie.

Snack- usually this is when I do my Protein Shake or my second one if I worked out hard!

I drink mostly Tazo Iced Passion Tea that I make at home, Decaf coffee in the am and decaf iced coffee everyday from Dunkins is my treat!

I'm 8 months out and 10# from my surgeon's goal for me , I'd like to lose another 20#...<br><br> Breakfast-usually egg whites fried with a 1/2 of a slice of light American cheese or Premier Protein shake.<br><br> Snack-if I had an early breakfast I may have my shake now, but my nut frowns on snacking...<br><br> Lunch-2oz deli turkey or ham usually rolled with sandwich sliced pickles and string cheese in the middle, a rice paper roll up with turkey, avocado, carrots, lettuce and green onions with my homemade thai peanut sauce, or 5 slices of hard salami with one slice cooper cheese and 3-4 slices of apples.<br><br> Snack-if I need one it's typically almonds, sliced apples with Peanut Butter Greek yogurt dip, beef Jerky, a few whole grain tortilla chips or some watermelon.<br><br> Dinner-usually 3-4oz Protein like chicken, steak or fish and a small amount of salad or veggie.<br><br> Snack- usually this is when I do my Protein Shake or my second one if I worked out hard!<br><br> I drink mostly Tazo Iced Passion Tea that I make at home, Decaf coffee in the am and decaf iced coffee everyday from Dunkins is my treat!

In the morning I usually have a Greek yogurt with benefiber or a Protein Shake. For lunch it's usually mozzarella cheese with Tomato, or chicken chili, or chicken meatballs with tomato sauce, and if I am hungry again I will have yogurt or a shake. And then for dinner, chili, shrimp with cocktail sauce or salmon kebabs, or a burger patty with cheese or if I am not much hungry I will make a Protein shake with PB2 and a half banana. I do snack time to time but for that I will have nuts or string cheese. If I want something sweet I will have skinny cow or weight watchers ice cream sandwich. I don't eat bread, Pasta, rice, potato etc. My daily intake is about 800-900 a day and protein is about 60-80 and I am 4 months out.

Does anyone use Chobani Yogurt?

Does anyone use Chobani Yogurt?

Yes I eat Chobani all the time. My fav!

Iam so disappointed in myself. I never feel full.i feel just like I did before the surgery. I can eat a complete portion of McCanns quick and Easy oatmeal. Today I was just so fed I had 2 snack packs of pop corn and nothing.. Even had a soda. None of it bothered me at at all. I have no discomfort just normal feeling. Did this surgery work? I am begining my 6th week and have lost weight but now that I am on regular food I still feel like a bottomless pit. I just want to feel full. I walk an hour a day drink plenty of liquids yet as far as food there does not seem to ge a limit to the amount that I can eat. Most of the time I just stop myself because I know I should.

When I had the popcorn and soda it was like I wanted to see if anything would happen. Because while I know I had the surgery it seems like I could eat a whale. I just do not know what to do anymore.....

HELP!!!

Iam so disappointed in myself. I never feel full.i feel just like I did before the surgery. I can eat a complete portion of McCanns quick and Easy oatmeal. Today I was just so fed I had 2 snack packs of pop corn and nothing.. Even had a soda. None of it bothered me at at all. I have no discomfort just normal feeling. Did this surgery work? I am begining my 6th week and have lost weight but now that I am on regular food I still feel like a bottomless pit. I just want to feel full. I walk an hour a day drink plenty of liquids yet as far as food there does not seem to ge a limit to the amount that I can eat. Most of the time I just stop myself because I know I should. <br> When I had the popcorn and soda it was like I wanted to see if anything would happen. Because while I know I had the surgery it seems like I could eat a whale. I just do not know what to do anymore.....<br><br> HELP!!!

This--- Most of the time I just stop myself because I know I should.-- Is the whole point

Iam so disappointed in myself. I never feel full.i feel just like I did before the surgery. I can eat a complete portion of McCanns quick and Easy Oatmeal. Today I was just so fed I had 2 snack packs of pop corn and nothing.. Even had a soda. None of it bothered me at at all. I have no discomfort just normal feeling. Did this surgery work? I am begining my 6th week and have lost weight but now that I am on regular food I still feel like a bottomless pit. I just want to feel full. I walk an hour a day drink plenty of liquids yet as far as food there does not seem to ge a limit to the amount that I can eat. Most of the time I just stop myself because I know I should. When I had the popcorn and soda it was like I wanted to see if anything would happen. Because while I know I had the surgery it seems like I could eat a whale. I just do not know what to do anymore..... HELP!!!

Don't start with those carb rich foods. They won't fill you and cause you to be hungrier. I know if I start a day with carbs I will be fighting hunger the rest of the day.

Start with a rote in Breakfast like a couple eggs

I also eat Fage Greek plain yogurt with some Dannon Greek lite flavored yogurt mixed up to give it taste and lots of flavor but low sugar. I am 18 months out so I could eat a bagel or Cereal or oatmeal for breakfast just fine. But as much as I love those foods I'd rather maintain my 130 pound loss and not fight the hunger monster all day. So I make a conscious choice to go stay with the number one rule of the sleeve: Protein first.

Everyone heals differently. Many people still have swelling at 6 weeks that causes more restriction, but some don't. Carbs and fluids go down easily for almost everyone once that initial swelling passes. To understand your restriction, eat a firm Protein, such as chicken or beef. How many ounces can you eat. Also, are you cleared for popcorn? 6 weeks seems early for it because of the hulls.

Lynda

I am 8 weeks out tomorrow. I have to be very careful with sugar and fat. I've learned the hard way that much of either causes me pain and nausea. A typical day for me, at this point:

B - 1/4 - 1/3 c. cottage cheese with 1/2 tsp of regular jam or 1 tsp no sugar added jam

S - Protein shake - scoop and a half unjury vanilla with Mio, a peach, or 1/3 banana. Typically I use ice, Water and a bit of skim milk and blend with my Ninja

L - 1/4 c fat-free refried Beans with taco sauce and light cheddar; 1 or 1 1/2 oz deli turkey; 2 reduced fat cheese sticks

S - just started eating 1/2 Protein Bar ThinkThin, Quest or Pure Protein

D - about 1 oz meat - fish, moist chicken and tonight making turkey meatloaf, about 1 oz of green cooked veggie, and sometimes a small bite or two of starchy veggie - Beans, sweet potato.

The other night I made a lasagne with zucchini noodles, light cheeses, low sugar marinara and chicken italian sausage - very yummy and my entire family liked it - even my picky 12 year old who "hates zucchini".

I've become lactose intolerant so I take Lactaid pills before dairy. When I forget, I pay for it.

I haven't tried lettuce yet...does anyone know about how long out I should be before I do? I'd really like to make a turkey taco using a lettuce wrap.

I'm 10 months out. I shoot for about 1100 calories a day. I work out hard about 3-4 times per week. I've got some great muscle definition but the losing is slow now. That's okay.

Breakfast: coffee with meds and Vitamins. About an hour or so later: 2 scrambled eggs OR Premiere Protein OR bacon. Rarely, I'll add a Greek yogurt to the bacon. Sometimes I mix that up.

Lunch: a salad with 4-6 oz chicken OR turkey on a flat out OR leftovers from dinner

Dinner: 4-6 oz of Protein, a vegetable or black Beans, sometimes a carb of some description if I've just worked out. I have a glass of wine pretty regularly.

Snacks: Quest bar, greek yogurt, sometimes a cracker with Peanut Butter, stuff like that.

In the last two months I've increased the salad vegetables and berries. I don't eat everything (for example, I have learned the hard way that ice cream isn't really a good idea for me) but I don't shy away from the occasional treat. I just keep it to a couple of bites.

I'm trying hard not to be a slave to the scale. I've lost about 3 pounds all summer, but my clothes are fitting differently. I notice a big difference. My main goals with this are to eat as normally as possible so that I know I can sustain it, and to try not to get crazy. Although my stated goal on the ticker is 150, that's a vanity goal. I'm pretty sure the real number is closer to 160-165.

3 months out. coffee with Half n half and some sugar ( I know sugar is bad I only have 2 cups a day. Coffee that is not sugar, lol). Workout followed by a Protein Shake made with 2% milk. lunch 5oz cottage cheese or Quest bar. dinner varies anything from meatloaf and mash to morning star veggie burgers in a low carb wrap, and I snack on different cheeses through out the day.

Edited by chubbsey1