Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What does your daily menu consist of?

I am curious as to what other sleevers daily intake consist of? How far along are you 6 month, 1 year, or so? Are you in a maintenance phase or are you still losing? How much Water do you consume and Vitamins? Okay, GO! Thanks :)

sleeved 1-4-2012

no refined sugar or grains - sugar hurts and I have decided no more grains. No treats, they trigger responses I do not want and honestly, don't even taste right anymore. No fast food, no chain restaurants.

about 70% raw fruits and veggies, nuts, etc. about 5% foods that travel well when needed - canned spinach, tuna, peaches in Water, olives. Mindful Protein. I only eat things I have hunted, know who hunted them, or know that they were raised humanely. Unpasteurized milk and free- range eggs bought straight from source.

:unsure: and coffee

:wacko: and wine

:blush: and mustard and a few dressings, but not enough to goo my food.< /p>

This is not a "diet" or a "style" of eating, however - this is what works for my body right now, and I keep a journal that includes my food, exercise AND my emotions associated around the time I eat, and how I feel after. I consider the journal as vital to my eating as chewing.

7.5 months out. Here are my usual:

Breakfast: casein Protein shake or 1/2 C steel cut oats (I add vanilla Protein powder & Torani's SF Brown Sugar & Cinnamon Syrup)

Lunch: 1/2 C low-fat cottage cheese with either 2TBS SF jelly or a small amount of no sugar added fruit cocktail & either 8 turkey pepperoni slices or 1/2oz turkey Jerky

Pre-workout: 1/2 Quest bar

Post-workout: 1/2 whey Protein Shake

Dinner: Savory cupcake (emilybites), flat bread pizza, boiled seafood, baked fish & string cheese or mini crustless quiche.

The rare dessert: Arctic Zero, 5min Protein cake (theworldaccordingtoeggface), and I'm starting to dabble with Quest bar recipes (like peach cobbler and key lime pie, where Quest bars are the crust)

I'm a calorie counter and get 500 - 700 a day. Protein typically between 50 - 70 grams.

Last night we went out for Japanese and I had two very rich baked mussels in "egg" (mayonnaise) sauce. Felt gross after... Then about a third of a snow crab salad. So today is a liquid Meal Replacement day... (554 cals & 92 gr protein).

Edit: 80+ oz of flavored water/tea/shakes. I'm 24 from goal, and I'm sticking with this until then. Then I'll try to eat more whole foods bento-box style. I say I'll stop counting, but I'm sure I will for a long while more. I take my plan's recommended Vitamins every single day.

Edited by Ava324

Only about 5 wks out here is my daily menu-this was mostly today with a few other options for each meal also-

Wake up, have Muscle Milk 100 cal with milk and ice and Vitamin

Breakfast- Egg salad with one cracker or scrambled egg with 1/2 piece of toast

1 hr later Crystal lite with Water 24oz

AM snack- 2 homemade meatballs (very small 1 oz each)

1 hr later Water with Vitamin

Lunch- Soup or chili or (today) deli roast beef and cheese roll up with mustard

1 hr later water/crystal lite and Calcium pills

PM snack- Cookies and Cream Quest bar YUMMMMM!!!!!!

1 hr later water and Calcium

dinner- Lobster bisque

PM snack- Milk and small amount of muscle milk for extra Protein

i am supposed to be incorporating cooked veg and canned fruit at this point, but it has been hard due to i'm VERY full after meals.

After over 2.5 years, turkey, chicken, eggs, salads and veggie type of stuff. At least 1000 calories a day. Its hard to say as I have edema, but I've lost some recently.

3 years out. More than two years at goal.

Breakfast: Greek yogurt with fruit and a piece of whole wheat toast or two slices of low fat lunchmeat and a slice of whole wheat bread if I'm in a hurry. In the winter, I often have a Soy Latte and oatmeal (1/4 cup raw cooked with 3/4 cup water)

Lunch: Really varies, but includes a couple of ounces of firm Protein, a whole grain, and some veggies

Afternoon snack: Usually crackers or pretzels and maybe some fruit

Dinner: Same as lunch, but three ounces of Protein

After dinner snack: usually a couple tablespoons of Peanut Butter on two graham crackers.

A few times a week, I have cocktails and something sweet, such as candy, Cookies, or ice cream.

For Vitamins, it's two multi with Iron, one D, and six citrical daily and a B1 and sublingual B12 once per week.

Lynda

Lynda

I'm at 2 years and my day looks like this (about)

B/F - 1 scrambled egg or a smoothie with a serving of Protein with 1/4 c fruit and a few leaves of spinach in 6-8 oz almond milk

lunch - 3 oz Protein with some kind of veggie and a little starch

dinner - 3-4 oz protein with veggies

For Snacks I keep boiled eggs, boiled shrimp, and fruit and raw veggies on hand.

It really varies, but I usually can eat up to a cup of food at a time total.

This has really given me some meal suggestions and I am sure it has others. I had never considered oats before as I was told by my NUT (which was a nut) that it was forbidden.

This has really given me some meal suggestions and I am sure it has others. I had never considered oats before as I was told by my NUT (which was a nut) that it was forbidden.

A lot of doctors and nutritionists are telling their patients no carbs at all for the first 6-9 months. I believe it's because you're in the losing phase and carbs can hinder that in some people. Beyond that, though, I can't see why oats would be a no-no. You might ask about that!

8 weeks + out

Breakfast: light wasa cracker with single serve cottage cheese and a small slice of watermelon

Lunch: 4 oz grilled salmon and veggies

Dinner: 4 oz filet mignon with grilled veggies

Snack: Dairy Queen vanilla orange bar (60 calories, 0 fat, 4 grams of sugar and delicious!)

64 oz of Water

14 months out.

Breakfast - Chike high Protein coffee

Mid morning - Dannon light and fit Greek yogurt w/a handful of chopped pecans

lunch - 8 shrimp w/cocktail sauce, 3/4 cup turkey chili, or ham & swiss, w/wheat crackers.

snack - 1 oz cheddar or CrunchO's Protein snack.

dinner - 3-4 oz protein (tilapia, turkey meatballs, chicken salad, etc) w/fresh cucumbers from my garden or steamed veggies.

Snack - sugar free Popsicle or 1 oz cheddar.

7 months out, about 900 calories a day, working to maintenance. I am getting really sick of meat, so I am working to eat more hummus and Beans. Also learning to make some smoothies that are lo-cal, fresh fruit, and Protein powder. I eat a good deal of cheese--always measured. Dannon fat free greek yogurt is a favorite. I don't eat many grains, the occasional lo-carb. tortilla and quinoa are about it. I need treats, so I eat sugar-free popsicles a lot. And iced-coffee with extra cream is always included in my log. A must-have for me!

I'm 7 months out. Today I've had:

B - Premier Protein shake

S - Mozzarella snack size 1 oz (not string cheese - the fresh kind) and 10 almonds

L - 1/4 c give or take cottage cheese, 4 -5 cubes firm tofu and a piece of cauliflower.

S - sugar free cocoa

D - unsure - probably 2 oz of some Columbus brand chicken breast deli meat and a few mini marzano tomatoes with some ginger dressing

S - Dannon 80 calorie light & fit yogurt or if I feel like living decadently, a cup of air popped popcorn I bought at trader joes that has herbs on it.

Add to that 2 16oz green tea plain, about 20 oz Water and a snapple diet green tea for the bus ride home. I don't normally do diet drinks but thought i'd give this one a try for some variety as it is no calorie/no carb. Multi Vitamin and 2 Calcium chews.

10 weeks out:

Morning wake-up: Chike or Click shake

(cycling or walking)

Breakfast: 1 egg (fried w/cooking spray or scrambled) with a sprinkle of cheese and 1/2 sandwich thin

Lunch: 1/4 c. tuna salad + 1 oz cheese curd or a cheese stick and 1/2 serving of triscuit thins or low-fat wheat thins

Mid-afternoon (if necessary): 1/2 Protein bar (Quest or Pure Protein) OR 1 Outshine popsicle

Dinner: meat of some variety (usually chicken or ground beef) OR 1/4 c. refried Beans OR fish (salmon or mahi mahi...whichever's on sale); veggies (usually green beans)

1 yr (4 yrs post op lapband and 1 yr with sleeve revision). I'm about 10 lbs from goal but been easily maintaining for about 6 mths. I eat whatever I want. Literally. I don't count anything - I go by what my tummy tells me (if I'm hungry, I eat. If I'm full, I stop). It's been reliable so far. That might change, I know, but it's working for now.

Thinking about counting calories just to get to goal. I can smell 140 around the corner. I feel like I'm failing at this wls thing cuz I'm not to goal.

Todays menu was:

8 am: 1 smcrabled egg, 1 pc of bacon, 1/2 pc of toast with real butter

12 noon: chicken salad (canned chicken, mayo and diced celery) with 6 wheat thins, about 4-6 pineapple chunks (which I couldn't eat when banded, so tickled I can now have my fav fruit)

3pm: 1/2 carton of Greek honey yogurt, about 12 almonds

6pm: Going out to a Japanese restuarant for my step daughters bday. Plan on getting my usual: Grilled chicken with veggies, grilled shrimp appetizer, steamed rice, and Soup. I usually have enuf left for 4 more meals

9pm: Usually have 1/2 n apple with almond butter before bed.

Since I can only eat a small amt, I usually eat 5-6 x a day. I do eat burgers, tacos, pizza, wine, and coffee. I don't eat these very often and I don't eat very much. Cept coffee. I drink 2-3 cups a day with sf Creamer or sf coffee Syrup with 1/2 and 1/2.

Good luck to u. I know I'm in the minority here with eating whatever I want. I'm not saying thats the way to go. I've been fairly successful and plan on continuing with what works for me. When it stops working (or when I plan on taking off the final 10) I will reevaluate.