Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

your encouragement and/or discouragement I'd appreciated

Ok, I'm newly post op (last Tuesday) and have a"beef" with this full liquid diet. Clear liquid, broth and such. Skim milk, cream Soup minus any food bits. My question is what is the difference between those foods and say... cottage cheese pulverized in my ninja or cream of wheat made extra soupy? Is there a difference? Wouldn't it digest the same as the cream soup and broth? Is there a risk in altering my full liquid diet with other foods as long as they were full liquid consistency and non-spicy or hard to digest foods? I'm not looking to cheat my full liquid stage, just looking for options that might be a bit more palatable to my slightly deprived tastebuds right now. Your thoughts and personal opinions are very much anticipated.

I think you should stick with the doctor's liquid diet guidelines. Your body needs to heal and ANY bulk could rub/irritate/clog the suture line from complete healing. Also, you may not be ready for the actual type/quality of the food, regardless of the consistency...ie, if you put a steak in a blender and liquify it, it's still steak, so it may still be hard to digest.

I don't know that it makes any difference at all, but why take the chance? It's not that much to ask after all your body has been through with the surgery.

Just my two cents.

I mentioned a ninja to my NUT and mixing food into liquid form and she said as your body heals its best not to make your kidneys work so hard breaking down all the nutrients. Hope that helps you explore a new avenue of reasoning.

Both points well spoken and neither of which I thought of. Love "a steak is still a steak"...hasn't thought about the digestive components needed to break down some of this food. I will wait. Don't want anything to sideline progress, physically or nutritionally. Thanks for your comments and common sense. Very much appreciated.

Stick to the plan. That is best. Your taste buds can wait a few. They recommend things for a reason. Just my two cents.