Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please cross your fingers and toes for me!

If things go good I will be going in for surgery July 25th. Hoping to hear back for sure tomorrow! Getting so close to this being reality..... so excited to start the my new chapter of life!!

Good luck to you!!

How are you feeling at this point and how do you think you will do the day before surgery?

I've wondered this about myself. Easy for me to be casual about it when I don't even have a date yet.

Would like to add my wishes too.Just stay positive and everything will turn out fine.Follow the instructions given by your surgeon and you will see that everything will fall in place.Good Luck for the surgery and do keep us updated.God Bless.

@@HaddocksEyes

I am so excited I can barely stand it. I just hope it's a yes when I get the phone call tomorrow.

I have been overweight my whole life and can not wait to feel comfortable in my own skin.

I have a 7 year old who is a sports nut! He plays travel hockey and baseball so I am excited to get the chance to join him rather than sitting by watching.

First stop is going to be an amusement park so I can ride with my little thrill junky! He will finally be tall enuff to fit on almost everything, and I will be small enuff to fit on the rides. What a sweet day that will be!!

I can not wait to be healthy and know I will be here for many more years rather than worrying about my health.

I can not wait to be able to go into any store and actually fit in a pair of jeans.

I can not wait to go to Victoria's Secret and be able to buy myself something.

Did I say I can not wait to be healthy and happy and healthy and happy?!?!?!

The day before surgery I'm hoping to be even more excited than now. I am not afraid to go under. About 17 years ago I was in a major car accident and had three operations to repair the damage to my hip and ankle. Then when I had my son I ended up having to have a C-section and the local and epidural wore off so I was in so much pain I had them knock me out to put me back together once I heard my son's cries. I am worried about the week long liquid diet more than anything. But when you look at the outcome you just have to plow thru it! Recovery doesn't scare me either. I have a pretty high tolerance for pain, was up cleaning my hospital room out of boredom the day after my C-section.

Hoping the changes also affect my taste buds in a good way cuz I am such a picky eater. Going to use this as an excuse to try to make myself try new things.

I am going into this with high expectations of major changes I will make!!!

@AllisonKara

Thank you!!

That is such a great response! You have good goals in mind that you are focused on. That it what I need to do. I have had two c-sections and one knee surgery but I am a baby about being stuck with needles and It's hard for me to trust people that I don't know really well - I basically have to give them control over my body, and that's scary to me, even though I know they are trying to help and want the best outcome for me. Just something I struggle with.....

I have been on a liquid diet before, in one of my previous weight loss attempts. Yes, they do work to take the weight off. I went on a product manufactured by Robard called WonderSlim. It's a program with bars, Soups, shakes, puddings and other protein-rich items (like Medifast but not soy based). The hardest thing about it is the first few days because you are limiting your carbs to such a low level and, of course, you aren't eating "regular" food. As I shared with another member, I was actually mad at me for telling me I couldn't have what I wanted to eat! It was silly, but I still thought in those terms. But I got over that and now I am looking forward to being on the diet again prior to surgery, as preamble to how I will be eating for a few weeks after surgery. It's totally do-able.

Make sure you don't let yourself get hungry..that is a killer and the hunger will lead you to throw up your hands and say "screw this, I am eating a sandwich (or insert a favorite available food here)!" Plan for contingencies during this time by having an approved snack in your car or your purse so that if you cannot have your shake, you at least have something that won't screw you up. If you are hungry, have another shake, even if you have had your alotment for the day. It's far better to have that shake then to have something off plan, which will make you start all over again in terms of lowering your carbs. I have a VeriBest personal blender at my desk at work and I have kept ice in our office fridge to make fresh shakes during the day, since they took away our ice in our building's cafeteria. If people ask me what I am doing (since the blender is noisy) I just say I am making smoothies and they say, "oh, wish I had that for margaritas!!" And then we would laugh about that and then just move on to talk about something else.

When you reduce your carbs, your body draws from your carb stores in your muscles and I believe, your liver. After that, it burns your fat for fuel. So eating something off plan can start that process all over again. Some people move more quickly into ketosis (process of burning fat for fuel in a low or no carb environment) than others.

Sounds to me like you will be successful!

Oh, by the way, if your plan allows Protein bars, Bari Wise's Rockie Road bars are, by far, the absolute best tasting bars I have ever come across. Not too crazy about the other ones.

Edited by HaddocksEyes

Oh, by the way, if your plan allows Protein bars, Bari Wise's Rockie Road bars are, by far, the absolute best tasting bars I have ever come across. Not too crazy about the other ones.

Hi All! I am on day 4 of my 2 week pre op diet. My surgery is scheduled for 7/21 at 8am. My pre-op diet consist of 3 shakes and 2 Protein Bars per day with 1 freebie ( sugar free Jello). The first day was rough but today seems easier. I am a little concerned about the weekend but I know I have to push through it. I don't want my surgeon going in and saying "She cheated" My nutritionist told me he actually started a procedure on a guy and stopped it because his stomach was full of junk and he had not followed the pre op. Yikes! I would be so upset. Anyway I am looking forward to dropping a few more pounds before surgery.

I am so glad my surgeon only requires a one week liquid diet. Haven't gotten the "book" he hands out to follow, interested to get it thou!!

@HaddocksEyes my mother is diabetic, not because of weight or anything her pancreas basically quit working right after she had me so she has been insulin dependent my whole life. She has to take 3 shots a day and prick her finger to test her blood levels throughout the day. So needless to say needles do not scare me at all! Even my 7 yr old is cool with them, makes it so much easier at immunization time!

I just can not wait to get in and out and begin this awesome journey!!