Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JULY 2014 SLEEVERS GROUP

I had my surgery July 30th , so I am 5 1/2 weeks out... I'm wondering if I'm losing at a good rate or not? I don't have anyone to compare to other than the woman I shared a room with in the hospital who gave me her number to chat. So far I have lost 34 lbs since what the doctor marked as my weight for the day of surgery. 49 lbs down since my highest weight which was in June before the pre op liquid diet. Is this considered accurate as to how fast or slow I should be losing in the beginning? I hope I'm not slacking- I'm sticking to everything perfectly.. Thanks in advance for responses !!

I was sleeved on July 19, I am about 28 pds down since surgery date. I had a two week stall where no movement was detected on the scale. Now I am loosing about 1 pd per three days. I would say your doing well.

I'm about 6 weeks. Still not losing anything else. Staying away from carbs but now I'm at the beach for a couple of days and trying to be careful but... I usually eat 2 or 3 times a day. Had a great cup of clam chowder last night. Full of carbs I'm sure.

My doctor didn't advise much against carbs, but did warn against fat grams. If your able to eat soft meats maybe a couple pieces of shrimp or a nice moist piece of fish might save some fat grams.

Hi July sleevers. Just wanted to touch base and say that after a long stall the scale is finally moving. I am of course ecstatic. Also not sure if this did it, but i finally added a Protein supplement to my diet which could be what's making a difference.

Anyway, I'm at 2 months out from surgery and 35 lbs down. Which I'm happy with. yay!

Finally I'm under 176lbs (80kg)!!! Woohooooo!!

Just wanted to shout out because it's been probably 10 years my weight has never been under 176 lbs.

And since the second month afterr the surgery the losing rate got slower than the first month (7.7 lbs per month) the Michelin tire on the belly I got from the first month has been shrinking back in place a little bit at a time. now I barely have the tire on the waist and the saggy skin in front under the belly button is not hanging anymore but still have saggy belly hanging on the area above the tights which I HOPE it will shrink down as well (fingers crossed)!!

Today it was so funny, at lunch I went down to the canteen a bit earlier than my close friend who I have lunch with everryday for 7 years, I got my food but he had not yet arrived so I went to sit with my friend's boss who usually would join both of us if he didn't have company. I waited so long but my friend didn't show up, then the colleague I sat with told me that my friend was there already but he went sitting with other friends.

Then after lunch I went to see my friend and he confessed that he saw that his boss was eating with "someone' but he didn't recognize that the person was ME!! that's why he went to sit at the other table!!!

Oh la là, I laughed so hard!! This is huge!! my best friend couldn't recognize me from behind!!! He also mentioned that my dress today is already hanging off me! Well, I'm still mostly between sizes (dropped from 16-18 to 12-14) I don't want to buy new clothes just yet, luckily I still have some old clothes of size 14 kept from a few years ago and I am now trying to wear the clothes size 16 that hanging fully in my closet before I really have to give them up :-(

I also shared this in the other topic (funny NSV) but I had a stressful day and this story is really funny, totaly made my day hehe.

Checking in! Down just over 70lbs since pre-op, eating and drinking like a "normal" person, off shakes and powders and such unless I want one (Quest bars, yum), getting plenty of veggies and some fruit with my Protein. This week I hit my first BIG weight loss goal so there was some definite SnoopyDancing going on!

Edited by KQH

Checking in! Down just over 70lbs since pre-op, eating and drinking like a "normal" person, off shakes and powders and such unless I want one (Quest bars, yum), getting plenty of veggies and some fruit with my Protein. This week I hit my first BIG weight loss goal so there was some definite SnoopyDancing going on!

now I have images and the earworm of Snoopy doing "Suppertime".... sup sup sup sup supper-ti-i-i-ime.

Now I can handle eating with people too, though their comments would be--you were more like smelling the food!! last week I went to eat at a Thai restaurant with a friend and he didn't want to have my share on the bill because I ate so little (we order 3 dishes to share) and the worst part was he had to finish everything by himself which I felt a bit guilty about it :-P

That's wonderful! I wish I was doing that well. I've had a hard time for the last six weeks, since school started. I have finally dropped a few pounds so I'm hoping I am on my way again.Keep up the good work. It encourages me not to give up on myself. ; )

KQH, now I am depressed again. We are about the same on stats, but (I know, not supposed to compare) I am not as advanced as you. I guess I need to go back to the basics. It is harder than I thought it was going to be and am so afraid I have made a wrong decision. Maybe I was not ready for the lifetime change. Any advice from anyone to get me back on track? I am very proud of you for what you have accomplished! Just worried that I have finished losing the weight already.

KQH, now I am depressed again. We are about the same on stats, but (I know, not supposed to compare) I am not as advanced as you. I guess I need to go back to the basics. It is harder than I thought it was going to be and am so afraid I have made a wrong decision. Maybe I was not ready for the lifetime change. Any advice from anyone to get me back on track? I am very proud of you for what you have accomplished! Just worried that I have finished losing the weight already.

Mrs Susie, don't despair! you and I are also similar stats... I'm 5'9 to your 5'8, I've only lost 36 lbs to your 55 in the same time frame. Everyone's body is different and everyone's body reacts to lower calories or more working out differently. Here's a suggestion, calculate what your weightloss per week is since the surgery and that will hopefully help you recognize that you have come a long way, baby!

I notice that for me, i will drop a few pounds, then spend a week or longer jumping around the scale somewhere above that number and then one day poof, i'll drop again to a new, lower weight than before. I'm watching the scale daily, though, which many say is unhealthy. I say... as long as i don't go into spasms of depression over it i'm ok. Mainly, I watch the scale daily because I am logging everything I eat and drink and want to know what impact, if any, my diet and exercise per day has on the next morning's weigh in. (right now, it looks like nil. but I know that can't be true).

Another way to give yourself more faith is to measure yourself regularly, say weekly, because when the scale isn't moving it doesn't mean other, major, changes are happening. It's only been a few weeks (8) but despite being down "only" 36 pounds, I'm already back into jeans and shorts that are 2 (or more?) sizes smaller than when I went in for surgery.

Try not to compare yourself to others... you are uniquely yourself and on a journey that will be so much faster (with the WLS tool in your pocket) than it otherwise would be. You don't need to feel the wind in your hair!

Hi! I was sleeved 7/17, so far down 56lbs including the 6 from preop diet. I've been walking 2 miles every other day, but I have just added some running in. This past week was tough, felt like I had a lot of challenges food wise. The temptations in the house were getting to me and hard to resist. I was kind of beating myself up about it. So today I did my walk and clearing the slate. Not feeling guilty and letting it go. This is the best decision I ever made. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

There were times during last month that I thought the same and I only lost 3.5 Kg (7.7 lbs) while my doctor expected me to lose 11-15 lbs per month but I eventually could make peace in my mind with that but then this month after I started dancing 5 days a week, my scale moves down everyday, kinda scary, so far I've already lost 10.34 lbs, still have 4 days to go, probably I can reach Dr's expectation this month.

Cheer up!! xxx

Thanks, honey, I really needed that. I, too, must weigh each day, BUT have been very lack lately in keeping up with anything else. I especially loved the "don't go into spasms of depression" part! So totally me. : ) Thanks again.

I was sleeved 7/24 and only down 36 pounds. Stalled for the longest time after week 2! scale finally started moving on a more regular basis at the beginning of this month. I'm hoping it keeps moving.