Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im booked for Aug 25th :)

Wow we are set up for the same day!!!! Are you nervous?

I'm so upset, I wanna cry!! I got a call today from the surgeons office. They pushed my date to the 25th!! I know it's only 20 days later but I had already set everything up at work and NOW when I take 2 weeks off it will clash with our new clinics opening and another coworker taking time off so my boss is gonna be upset :(

I totally get it!! My original surgery date was July 15th I set everything up at work only for the surgeon to call me and say the insurance wants two more months of dietary planning I was crushed...so what I DID was call him and set up my OWN date according to what was available so that my schedule wouldn't clash..YOU CAN always change your date through your surgeon to prevent any conflicts at work..they're pros they understand that stuff!! Hope alls well and good luck

I am scheduled for August 4th, but I am still waiting for BC/BS approval. No food funeral for me...I've enjoyed losing some weight during my nutritionist visits...so I just look at this as getting a head start on the surgery. I'm down 20 lbs since April. I am DREADING the pre-op liquid diet; my doctor requires two weeks on shakes and Clear liquids.

I'm scheduled for Aug 5 as well! Was tentatively set for July 31, but once I got approval that date was full, so I was pushed back a few days. It worked out, because my birthday is Aug 1 and the first date would mean I would be in the hospital for my birthday. Now I can have my birthday with my family and get my late gift a few days later!

Where is everyone? I am in Las Vegas, Nevada.

I'm scheduled for Aug 5 as well! Was tentatively set for July 31, but once I got approval that date was full, so I was pushed back a few days. It worked out, because my birthday is Aug 1 and the first date would mean I would be in the hospital for my birthday. Now I can have my birthday with my family and get my late gift a few days later!

Where is everyone? I am in Las Vegas, Nevada.

I'm in Henderson Nevada I'm waiting for the insurance approval right now I've waited 6 months and now it's at the end. So hard to wait. Who's your doctor? I'm with dr Sergey lyass and will be going in for surgery at the oband surgery center on Flamingo hopefully on the 1st of August

I totally get it!! My original surgery date was July 15th I set everything up at work only for the surgeon to call me and say the insurance wants two more months of dietary planning I was crushed...so what I DID was call him and set up my OWN date according to what was available so that my schedule wouldn't clash..YOU CAN always change your date through your surgeon to prevent any conflicts at work..they're pros they understand that stuff!! Hope alls well and good luck

Oh no! I'm so sorry that happened to you too. What is your new date?

I suspect they pushed mine back because someone wanted to take a vacation. I live in Alaska so no one wants to work this time of year.

Unfortunately I tried to talk to the surgeons office to get an earlier date and they didn't have anything. And I can't do later because we will just get more and more clinics as of mid aug. I'll just have to take what I'm given and catch up with work when I get back.

Hi all, I finally have a date !!! I'm August 20th, I'm excited . I'm a revision from band to sleeve. Or bypass. I still have time to change my mind about whAt I'm going to get.

I'm in Henderson Nevada I'm waiting for the insurance approval right now I've waited 6 months and now it's at the end. So hard to wait. Who's your doctor? I'm with dr Sergey lyass and will be going in for surgery at the oband surgery center on Flamingo hopefully on the 1st of August

I am going to Dr. Umbach at Blossom Bariatrics and North Vista Hospital. He is who my insurance sent me to - didn't have a choice but I like him! Good luck with your approval! I was very surprised that mine was approved the first time and in only 2 days!! But I am a revision surgery from slipped band to sleeve, so I think is was approved faster, and I didn't have to go through ALL the hoops!

I am also tentatively scheduled for Aug 6th. :-) Good Luck Everyone!

August 18th is my scheduled date for surgery.. and I just got my insurance approval in the mail yesterday. Nutrtional visit on Tuesday.. support group Wednesday.. Im ready!!

I am scheduled for Aug 11th in Mexico!

I'm really nervous and I just need to talk. my surgery date is scheduled for August 19. I have wanted this so long and finally it's getting here but I'm nervous and the reason that I'm nervous .I've had so many abdominal surgeries... I have a lot of scar tissue. My surgeon is already told me he is not going to keep me under so long that it puts me in danger. I want to stay positive and excited...but it's so difficult because I won't know until I wake up from the surgery....I want to be like all of you guys posting my pic and sharing.

I'm really nervous and I just need to talk. my surgery date is scheduled for August 19. I have wanted this so long and finally it's getting here but I'm nervous and the reason that I'm nervous .I've had so many abdominal surgeries... I have a lot of scar tissue. My surgeon is already told me he is not going to keep me under so long that it puts me in danger. I want to stay positive and excited...but it's so difficult because I won't know until I wake up from the surgery....I want to be like all of you guys posting my pic and sharing.

Me too! I'm still waiting for the insurance approval. The doctor approved me and I've followed all the guidelines so I should have no problems but I just need to hear from the insurance company that I am approved. They said it takes 2 wks and I've already gotten through the first week of waiting soooooooo sometime this week I should get the call I hope! You are going to be fine. Just keep your thoughts positive and remember the reasons you pursued this journey! We will be 1 year post op and putting our success stories on here and YouTube and much healthier! You've got this!

I have my last two test on 7/18 then they will submit to insurance. Well take with the advocate about surgery date hoping for August. I'm down 15 pounds. Going to gym and walking so hopefully will be down more. On first phase of diet before liquid shakes. I only want one more funeral meal steak and fresh corn from farmers market so not bad meal. I'm just so close and so ready. I have a bad back and had shots last month been able to exercise now feels good. I get two more shots on Wednesday this will help in losing the weight. Started buying the shakes so I'm getting prepared. Good luck to all on our journeys.