Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@mike4235506

be honest with dietician - they need to knwo where you fail and where you feel success

go easy...in the mean time - buy a fitbit

best thing i ever did.

<p>Ok @<span><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' class="" href='http://www.bariatricpal.com/user/194545-mike4235506/' title=""><span>mike4235506</span></a></span> Im here for ya</p> <p> </p> <p>I was sleeved on April 17 - 9 full weeks ago. Here are some stats so far:</p> <p> </p> <p>April 17, 2014 – Weight 298 lbs. (45.6 BMI)</p> <p>June 23, 2014- Weight 224 lbs (34.1 BMI)</p> <p>TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS- 74 lbs.</p> <p>A1C on Surgery Date- 6.7 (6.5 + is Diabetic)</p> <p>A1C on June 16, 2014- 4.6 (5.7 and below is normal)</p> <p>Post Meal Glucose Level on Surgery Date- 210 mg/dl (DIABETIC is 200 mg/dl or greater)</p> <p>Post Meal Glucose Level on June 22, 2014- 99 mg/dl (NORMAL is <140 mg/dl)</p> <p>Waist Size Pre-Surgery- 46 in.</p> <p>Waist Size June 6, 2014- 36 in</p> <p>Shirt Size Pre-Surgery- XXL</p> <p>Shirt Size June 6, 2014- L</p> <p>Shoe Size Pre-Surgery- 10 wide</p> <p>Shoe Size June 6, 2014- 9 med</p> <p> </p> <p>Areas that have changed the most:</p> <ul><li>Neck Circumference</li> <li>Waist/Belly/ "mountain of fat around penis" area</li> <li>Bicep Circumference</li> <li>Thigh Circumference</li> <li>Chest</li> <li>Feet</li> </ul><p>I know and agree that everyones expierence is different - however the patterns in guys are pretty consitent with the ammount in each of those 6 areas varying from man to man. </p> <p> </p> <p>Stick to the diet, DO NOT RUSH ANYTHING, and relax...you will be fine. </p> <p> </p> <p>BEFORE AND AFTER:</p> <div>

Before

</div> <div>

After

</div> <p> </p> <p>MSG me with any questions you may have - ill be happy to share</p>

You look great! Good job!

@@Texas Jess thank you ...very kind of you to say so

Hey mike. Hey everyone im new here just sleeved 9 days ago. Didnt feel like telling my life story (which I almost did since my recovery room experience wasnt pleasant).

The reason I chose ur post is cause im also worried about saggin skin. I've been looking around, but only find women results.

Im 6'2" currently 320lbs(28yrs old). Only time before yesterday was pre-op appointment weighed in at 359lbs. While in the past I have lost over 60lbs (2 months) on my own after mid 20's it wasnt happening. My goal weight is 220lbs. While now I have to lose alot more I think maintenance is still the same.

Past success requirements:

Drink plenty of Water.< /p>

Vitamin A, E, C, and Zinc.

Fatty oils like Omega 3 fish oils, Almonds, and pistachios.

Weight lifting (very important).

Cold showers +scrubbing dead skin cells off with shower brush or loofah.

I have nottice my skin tone itself a good amount after loosing 39lbs in 20 says.

I wish I could show you pic of guy at work it's so bad. Just don't wanna look like him also what's everyone's thought on vaping? I'm probably gonna quit before surgery might pick it up month after idk

Mike you shouldn't use vapor because it still has nicotine which dehydrates your skin. Also it cause slower healing. Just google what nicotine does to ones body. No good...

I was a smoker for years, then I bought an e cig. Used it for one week. Put it down and walked away... No smoking of any kind for 2 years. I knew I had to do it before I could loose weight, have surgery or just feel good enough to exercise. Best thing I ever did for myself, I hope my Plication will be the next best thing I will ever do for myself. I have 50 lbs to lose and I worry about the skin too. Especially in my face. I don't want to look old. I'll be 50 in September.

I wish there was a bariactric dating site... Lol

Then whoever you date understands and you can support each other.

Oh sorry I did forget to mention before I started pre-op diet I had ur exact body type just on a slightly larger scale. Meaning dont be too scared. Theres always goin to be loose skin with rapid weight loss. Im actually looking foward to the "stalls" in weightloss give me skin a chance to catch up. Also im thinking of (Not recommending it to anyone) increasing my cal count to slow down my weight loss. So skin has time to tighten up. Not drastically but enough to instead of loosing 8-15lbs a week im at 4-9 lbs a week. Just a thought. I work construction and even without exercise im loosing weight way too fast. Which is everyones dream but my concern for loose skin outweights loosing weight extremely fast. Im in it for life so not rushing.

Yea I know nicotine is bad for the healing process. But I just enjoy vaping. But I guess I'll give it up. thanks everyone for your help

Ok @mike4235506 Im here for ya I was sleeved on April 17 - 9 full weeks ago. Here are some stats so far: April 17, 2014 – Weight 298 lbs. (45.6 BMI) June 23, 2014- Weight 224 lbs (34.1 BMI) TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS- 74 lbs. A1C on Surgery Date- 6.7 (6.5 + is Diabetic) A1C on June 16, 2014- 4.6 (5.7 and below is normal) Post Meal Glucose Level on Surgery Date- 210 mg/dl (DIABETIC is 200 mg/dl or greater) Post Meal Glucose Level on June 22, 2014- 99 mg/dl (NORMAL is <140 mg/dl) Waist Size Pre-Surgery- 46 in. Waist Size June 6, 2014- 36 in Shirt Size Pre-Surgery- XXL Shirt Size June 6, 2014- L Shoe Size Pre-Surgery- 10 wide Shoe Size June 6, 2014- 9 med Areas that have changed the most: Neck Circumference Waist/Belly/ "mountain of fat around penis" area Bicep Circumference Thigh Circumference Chest Feet I know and agree that everyones expierence is different - however the patterns in guys are pretty consitent with the ammount in each of those 6 areas varying from man to man. Stick to the diet, DO NOT RUSH ANYTHING, and relax...you will be fine. BEFORE AND AFTER:

Before

After

MSG me with any questions you may have - ill be happy to share

Hey!! You look great for 9 weeks out!!

Your numbers are incredible! Keep up the great work!! Seriously! Wow!

I'm still waiting to be approved...I hate waitinggggg!!!

I agree it is very brave of you to post the questions here. Thank you for bringing up good points.

First, the topic of growth – I know it does, because I have had some candid conversations with friends and in one instance a couple that went through surgery within 2 weeks of each other (WOW some really interesting stories there). While I can’t tell you how it will affect you overall, may I make a suggestion? I don’t recall seeing too many people do this, but consider taking some measurements, and compare them to you weight, inches lost at waist & thigh and BMI – pic if you are so bold (but don’t post here! Lol). The other guys would probably be interested to know.

As for skin, everyone is different with this and genetics play a major role. In your family, who do you get the traits of skin color, skin color variation on the hands, genitals, feet etc. or have like allergies or skin conditions? If you have a few larger scars, who do you favor by way of how they look as they heal? Look to these people to see how their skin ages and droops ad they got older – that is a good indication of how this will work for you – but absolutely no guarantee. Variation genetically is how we roll, so no way of telling 100%. Also you are younger and that helps!

Another factor for the skin, if you will need surgery, will be how your under skin fares. For instance, if you have a lot of issues or it is really cumbersome, you may want to consider the surgery to reduce the medical issues or pain. Two years ago I would have said NONONONONO more surgery. Now, I will most likely have at least my arms and panni by next year. My arms pinch in clothing and exercise, bruise real easy, and my panni has issues with moisture, despite constant effort to keep it clean and dry. It also prevents the level of activity I would like in some of my sports. I am also seriously concerned that if my finances were to change later in life, I would have to carry that skin possibly into situations that I could no longer care for myself, and lack of care for those areas scare me. A lot.

Thanks for posting the question, and I wish you luck in, er, your growth through WLS .

Regarding your original question Mike, that area of fat does reduce drastically for many of us, but of course each person is different.

I'm down 130 pounds and that area has gone way down and "it" has grown surprisingly large, of course due to all the missing fat.

I think that lots of exercising and hydrating can assist in minimizing the hanging skin but of course sometimes it's unavoidable.

Sucks tho I just brought this Ejuice and I'm not using it cause it could hinder my healing time. Took one hit today so far. I will tell the doctor that I quit but what's his take on it.