Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tasty but complete multi vitamin

Ditto Flintstones. :-)

I was told no Flinstones and only Vitamins meant for bariatric patients. I take Celebrate Vitamins and my two favorite Multivitamin flavors are grape and mandarin orange. I also love their Iron if you need it, it's grape and somehow doesn't taste like iron when you chew it. For Calcium I do the lemon soft chews and they are awesome. I'm all about Celebrate, they taste pretty good and are very very good for you, much more complete nutrition than flinstones IMO.

I was told no Flinstones and only Vitamins meant for bariatric patients. I take Celebrate Vitamins and my two favorite Multivitamin flavors are grape and mandarin orange. I also love their Iron if you need it, it's grape and somehow doesn't taste like Iron when you chew it. For Calcium I do the lemon soft chews and they are awesome. I'm all about Celebrate, they taste pretty good and are very very good for you, much more complete nutrition than Flinstones IMO.

Where can I purchase them ?

I was told no Flinstones and only Vitamins meant for bariatric patients. I take Celebrate Vitamins and my two favorite multivitamin flavors are grape and mandarin orange. I also love their Iron if you need it, it's grape and somehow doesn't taste like Iron when you chew it. For Calcium I do the lemon soft chews and they are awesome. I'm all about Celebrate, they taste pretty good and are very very good for you, much more complete nutrition than Flinstones IMO.

Where can I purchase them ?

Celebrate's website is: www.celebratevitamins.com

If you go on Bariatric Advantage's website and ask them for a free sample they send one of each of their popular Vitamins for free!! I despise their multi though but I've heard others say that they love it so definitely worth a shot!

Good luck :)

Celebrate's website is: www.celebratevitamins.com

If you go on Bariatric Advantage's website and ask them for a free sample they send one of each of their popular Vitamins for free!! I despise their multi though but I've heard others say that they love it so definitely worth a shot!

Good luck :)

Thanks, have a great day : )

I've got some links on how Flintstones' aren't as complete. I do not believe the ASMBS recommands them.

Here it is, had to look this up:

If you look at Flintstones Vitamins, you’ll see that getting 2 of them a day is not going to give you 200% of the RDA for most Vitamins and minerals. Some but not all. You’ll only get 120% of Vitamin A, 25% of Biotin, 150% of niacin and nothing for Vitamin K. If you have to take more than one in a day, you’ll end up getting a lot more of some vitamins and minerals than others. Vitamin toxicity can be an issue – as can too much Iron (http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/encyclopedia/content.aspx?ContentTypeID=167&ContentID=total_copper_blood”>copper).

Just an FYI: the type of Vitamin A is beta carotene. This is not Vitamin A but turns into it in the body. There is a lot of beta carotene you need to turn it in to Vitamin A (also known as retinol). Children can convert this into Vitamin A easier than adults. So its more suited for kids than adults. So if you take 4 Flintstones and get 240% of beta carotene, which may not be enough to turn into retinol.

I've got some links on how Flintstones' aren't as complete. I do not believe the ASMBS recommands them.

Here it is, had to look this up:

If you look at Flintstones Vitamins, you’ll see that getting 2 of them a day is not going to give you 200% of the RDA for most Vitamins and minerals. Some but not all. You’ll only get 120% of Vitamin A, 25% of Biotin, 150% of niacin and nothing for Vitamin K. If you have to take more than one in a day, you’ll end up getting a lot more of some vitamins and minerals than others. Vitamin toxicity can be an issue – as can too much Iron (http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/encyclopedia/content.aspx?ContentTypeID=167&ContentID=total_copper_blood”>copper).

Just an FYI: the type of Vitamin A is beta carotene. This is not Vitamin A but turns into it in the body. There is a lot of beta carotene you need to turn it in to Vitamin A (also known as retinol). Children can convert this into Vitamin A easier than adults. So its more suited for kids than adults. So if you take 4 Flintstones and get 240% of beta carotene, which may not be enough to turn into retinol.

Thanks great information: )

When you get wanged by stuff like this you end up digging. I'm at the bottom level of normal for Biotin. I also take antibiotics so that is an issue. http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/supplement/vitamin-h-biotin

Antibiotics and anti seizure meds can interact ... and not so nicely.

Most of these things, with all due respect, I don't find doctors knowing. This is why I find it a concern when I see blanket descriptions of just take a Vitamin. It really needs to be looked at in terms of what problems a person has, drug interactions. I get the oddest feeling that RD's don't know, nor does the support staff.

I agree, I've heard such bad things about Flinestones but so so many people take them. There is a reason bariatric Vitamins are made :) the crazy thing is some people are 100% fine taking them and have great lab work then someone else is deficient on 3-4 things so IMO it's a better idea to just take the complete ones, take your Iron (even though I know you all hate it), take your Vitamin D and take your calcium..just do it..you got this surgery knowing you would have to take vitamins for the rest of your life so it kinda baffles me when people just stop taking them..you can't just stop eating small portions it's not your choice to make anymore. Sorry, I have Vitamin rants often with bypass patients in clinic because people seem to "forget" after they lose the weight but you permanently altered your body for forever so take your gosh darn vitamins!!

Edited by Beckyyb93

The option is liquid or if you have swallowing issues, powders. I have problems with pills at times so it is better to use powders and somewhat track what you are doing.

When you get wanged by stuff like this you end up digging. I'm at the bottom level of normal for Biotin. I also take antibiotics so that is an issue. http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/supplement/vitamin-h-biotin

Antibiotics and anti seizure meds can interact ... and not so nicely.

Most of these things, with all duespect, I don't find doctors knowing. This is why I find it a concern when I see blanket descriptions of just take a Vitamin. It really needs to be looked at in terms of what problems a person has, drug interactions. I get the oddest feeling that RD's don't know, nor does the support staff.

I understand I will follow my dr order im with duke hospital bractric surgery team he has giving me a website to order all my Vitamins and things from it's BariatricAdvantage im so afraid to do anything different. Thanks

Definitely I understand that. My response would be to question things and research yourself. This is teaching we never got: Iron is absorbed better with Vit. C, no Vitamin K in Flintstones. Its things you have to look up yourself. I always will go back to the doctor and ask them about stuff. Show them here are my resources, how does this figure in.

Get a science answer, not "I dont have a problem with that". Make sure they tell you why. If they dont then its more than likely they don't know and are just giving you an answer. You want to know the rationale for that answer.

That's where I found a disconnect, at least in what I had.

Definitely I understand that. My response would be to question things and research yourself. This is teaching we never got: Iron is absorbed better with Vit. C, no Vitamin K in Flintstones. Its things you have to look up yourself. I always will go back to the doctor and ask them about stuff. Show them here are my resources, how does this figure in.

Get a science answer, not "I dont have a problem with that". Make sure they tell you why. If they dont then its more than likely they don't know and are just giving you an answer. You want to know the rationale for that answer.

That's where I found a disconnect, at least in what I had.

I been on this site since march and it's a lot of information where people has actually experience some of the questions I was concern about that is awesome on the other hand I read post and I take it to my nutritionist If im confused about something I have read : ( im very careful I haven't heard anything yet from bcbs Tuesday it will be a week hoping for good news soon : ) take care thanks

By all means. I found that there are some doctors who are open to looking over medical research and resources. If they just blow it off, I want to know why. Maybe these docs know something else in the literature I haven't found and can weigh in on that.

That is why it always pays to ask if you have the resources or they'll let you ask questions.

By all means. I found that there are some doctors who are open to looking over medical research and resources. If they just blow it off, I want to know why. Maybe these docs know something else in the literature I haven't found and can weigh in on that.

That is why it always pays to ask if you have the resources or they'll let you ask questions.

Yes every visit my dr he ask me ...do you have any questions ? Or concerns ? And I like the idea he's always open to talk with patients ... well love to talk more but I have to get up at 4:30 am for work tomorrow you have a blessed night : ) goodnight