Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 2 of pre op diet

My surgery date is July 2nd, and I started my liquid pre op diet yesterday. My office had lunch provided by a vendor so day 1 of this diet all I could smell was yummy BBQ ???? I didn't cheat tho I wanted too. I'm on day 2 but I'm feeling all kinds of hungry. And I hate the broth that my doctors off gave me. Wonder if it would be ok just drink no sodium broth on it's own? Thoughts?

I'm on day 3 of my pre-op (surgery 7/1), and I'm hanging in there with ya! :) All doctors seem to handle the pre and post-op rules for diet differently. My doc didn't give me anything specific in the way of shakes or broths, just some guidelines. broth was on my list of options, but it was up to me to find what I liked. I think the most important thing is making sure you don't go off track & keeping well-hydrated.

From some of the posts I've read on here, some docs have people do strictly Protein shakes (sometimes even a particular brand) for the entire pre-op. I would say if you are unable to get down the broth the doc gave you, call and ask them for alternative so that you don't get dehydrated or tempted to eat something off plan.

Good luck!

I'm on day 4 of my pre-op diet and I'm so hungry I have actually cheated a couple time with like a piece of lunch meat or cheese. My doctor gave me a 2 week supply of the Bariatric Advantage Protein powders and I have to say either the Adkins or the Pure Protein ready to drink shakes are so much easier. Several people have told me the 2 week pre-op diet is one of the hardest parts because after surgery you really don't want to eat...I hope they are right. It's also hard having a husband and 2 kids eat whatever they want and have to sit here and smell it...I just keep telling myself next year at this time will be so worth it. Good Luck to everyone! My surgery is June 30 in Houston