Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Denied insurance. We are crushed!

Actually neither of my daughters qualified for ins to have surgery here in the U.S. One jumped all the hoops and was denied and the other one did not have ins that even covered WLS. My youngest was scheduled for surgery in Mexico last August but we opted to try ins route one more time. Once again denied so we threw in the towel and scheduled for surgery in Mexico. By this time my oldest daughter (after seeing my success with my sleeve surgery) was on board to have the surgery as well. Sooooo, we booked the airline tickets for all three of us and I accompanied them to Mexico in Dec and they both had the sleeve done with Dr. Arial Ortiz. I cannot say if he is the best surgeon Mexico has to offer because I have no experience with any other surgeon there. I can say there were no serious complications for either of them and they are both progressing nicely. It is wonderful to have them on the losers bench with me!

Mexico is a bit different then the experience that I had here in the U.S. Certainly not using the latest state of the art techniques and equipment (based on my compare to the two locations) but absolutely nothing alarming that would eliminate my recommendation to consider Mexico as an alternative option for anyone that cannot get coverage here in the U.S. I trusted this surgeon enough to put BOTH my daughters under his care. I would still do that today, after having the surgery performed there. Guess that is the best recommendation I can give.

If you search for Dr. Arial Ortiz on this forum you will find my specific comments regarding our experiences, concerns, etc. Be careful with your search. There are two Dr. Ortiz surgeons in Mexico. Dr Arial works with the OCC surgery center and Dr. Elias Ortiz works with ALM center. I am not saying Dr. E. Ortiz is good or bad, just not able to comment on him because I did not go with that surgeon. There are many good reviews in this forum that talk about many surgeons in Mexico. READ ALL OF THOSE posts. You will find lots of personal references and feedback by sorting by the word Mexico.

If you want to discuss in more detail via a phone call send me your number here in a private post and I would be happy to talk with you directly.

In one simple answer to your question.... Would I go the Mexico route again if it was my only financial option? ABSOLUTELY! So worth it for my family.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!