Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My sister....grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

So she lives 1000 miles away. is ten years older than me, and her doctor told her she needs to lose THREE POUNDS!! She is the only one of my siblings I told about my surgery and just did so a couple of weeks ago. Amongst all the dumb statements and questions, today she said, instead f congratulating me on losing 63 lbs, "When you get to where you want to be, you are going to be really saggy and wrinkled".

I feel so much better now

I keep getting those comments too and it is really beginning to piss me off. My "best friend" said she would rather be fat than have loose skin. Another woman who was eavesdropping on a conversation I was having with my fiancé, a complete stranger... Said, "you better start saving to get all your extra skin removed." I'm sure if I had a sister and she said that, it may sting a little more than a complete stranger. Either way it is so unpleasant and degrading to hear. For what it's worth I think you are beautiful! Try not to let the haters get to you!

Edited by KristinaRnY

Good thing you live 1000's of miles away and don't have to face her every day! I'm in NJ and my sister is in Louisiana and I think that's perfect! lol She and her husband lost over 100 pounds combined from what I hear just doing My Fitness Pal. Great for them. I'm sure she'll be TOTALLY supportive if she ever finds out I had surgery! NOT!!!

Nothing like sisterly love!

She was the only one I told and actually the only one I am close to out of 6 remaining siblings. I didn't tell her for over 3 months. Her first comment was "why couldn't you just eat like that w/o the surgery?" i told her that with a regular sized stomach I would starve to death!! She is one of those people who "doesn't get it", even though another sister of ours had the first "intestinal bypass" 39 years ago, lost down from over 400 lbs and ate way too much and had constant sh*** and after some years gained back about 100 lbs. I know the surgery was way different then. Of course this sister I told, I have not seen since 2009 and she had no idea until I told her that I had gained to 270. She cannot seem to lose her "3 lbs" but expects me to starve off over 100. I would send her that cartoon about what she can do with her opinion but I don't want to lose her.......I will just tell her "less" and expect the same

Be bold and tell her what you told us. She was the only sibling you shared this with and you are disappointed in her response. Great place to start and tell her like it is. She won't know she offended you until you tell her.