Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you hope to get smaller than your goal? Why or why not?

If I could tell myself one thing it would be " the figure you have at 160 lbs will be better ( a bust AND slimmer but curvy waist/hips) than the figure you had at 21 ( NOT much bust at all, but slim waist and hips. ) I love my curves !

I have been reading all the posts here and want to say a couple of things....Guys the main issue is our health, not our size. Careful not to switch your goal to something that just maybe your body does not want and you will eventually go up to the size your body feels best at. That is the goal. Good health and reasonableness.

Please don't turn weight loss into another addiction. Carefully think about the fact that it is very possible for us to become anorexic or bulimic. There is a percentage of weight loss patients who have done just that...

Concentrate on health and wellness and leave the number out of it.....You will be beautiful at the weight you are meant to be....

Just some motherly advice......I care about all of you! :)

@@Mrs.RRn yes I had to fix the question because many were reading it literally which, why wouldn't they? Lol I had to think of a way to put it that it was playing in my mind. :) I meant no harm at all in what I was asking! I'm sorry it came out that way.

Sizing has changed alot. In the 1980s I weighed mid 140s and never got smaller than size 9/10. I weigh 140 right now and wear size 4 no stretch pants. ..some brands I am in a 2 , hips are 36-37" range. I don't want to be tiny but people around me consider the current size tiny I guess. My male friend says I am skinny chick size and to not drop further and I kind of agree that this feels like a good size. I have visible bones on my back and ribs, and chest - small enough. Considering I once wore a 32w, was in 26 or 28w at time of sleeve, I never imagined becoming a size 4.

@@SandyM - Yes, toning will make you smaller. Gaining muscle makes you burn fat a lot easier and I believe that is the major reason I got so small.

@RJ'S/beginning - ABSOLUTELY! There's nothing wrong with working to become the best you can but it's equally important not to make an mentally unhealthy obsession about it. Work toward health and be the best you can! A lot of times though as super obese people we have an unhealthy mental image and thought about health and fitness too, which isn't good either. We think that it's impossible to dream to be that person. The more we work toward health and fitness we start to realize we really did have what it took to be that person. I suppose since I've gotten mental help for such issues I don't even think about taking it too far, but I cannot let my life experiences lead the way to others who haven't.

I know this has to be on everyone's mind, their final results. I did get very, very "skinny" post op VSG. I got down to a size 0... though my goal was only to get to a size 8. I said I'd be happy to be out of the double-digit pants (a very far cry from my largest size 28W!!) and honestly never imagined even getting that small. But I did and I blew right past a size 8. I kept telling myself that I never wanted to get too skinny, but I won't lie - the smaller I got the more I liked it. It's no secret I've gained some back, but now that I'm back on track I know I won't mind getting back into my size 0's again. In fact I have them hanging up outside my closet ready to be re-worn. I'm not that far away, time passes and pounds melt away.

How do you feel about getting "skinny"? Do you want to? It's okay to be open about it, we're all thinking the same things believe it or not. No matter which surgery we've individually had, we do all share majority of the same shames and struggles as each other.

B)

i will never be (*skinny or thin*)

but i will be healthy...

when you reached a point as i did (cant walk hardly, cant wipe your ass)

being skinny or thin doesnt really matter......healthy is what matters...and

by me doing that, i can walk, and hell yeah wear my sexy as f**k shoes again

its about health....in reality

Ah CG...we are sisters for sure. I'm reading these posts and wondering if anyone is going to mention a goal that has nothing to do with dress size. I'm right there with you. I can walk again...no more cane, no more staring at a future that included needing a wheelchair. I look perfectly normal..in fact I know I'm often one of the smallest in the room these days. Sexy....maybe? But I'll take pretty for now...and I get that all the time, especially at work...Oh, what a pretty dress, Lizzy, you look so pretty today, and other compliments as well. I'm not invisible anymore. Odd how the bigger you are, the more invisible you are but it's true. Better invisible than being stared at...and I'm sure I was stared at plenty.

My goal weight was 150 lbs. I'm about 10 lbs. less than that but it's just numbers. If I ever get that TT, I'll probably drop another 10 lbs. and probably fit into that size 6. But right now, I think I look pretty darn good in an 8/10.

@@SandyM - Yes, toning will make you smaller. Gaining muscle makes you burn fat a lot easier and I believe that is the major reason I got so small.

@RJ'S/beginning - ABSOLUTELY! There's nothing wrong with working to become the best you can but it's equally important not to make an mentally unhealthy obsession about it. Work toward health and be the best you can! A lot of times though as super obese people we have an unhealthy mental image and thought about health and fitness too, which isn't good either. We think that it's impossible to dream to be that person. The more we work toward health and fitness we start to realize we really did have what it took to be that person. I suppose since I've gotten mental help for such issues I don't even think about taking it too far, but I cannot let my life experiences lead the way to others who haven't.

True @@LilMissDiva Irene but like everyone else we learn from others experiences. Otherwise why the forum in the first place. We get knowledge from those who trudged the path before us. And since we have an addictive personality to start with. The possibilities are there to become addicted to something else...Like lets see just how small I can get.....It happens. That was not a stab at you hun... It was just a reminder that in everything we do we must have balance. Learn balance..Without it ..is how we go into this mess in the first place.....:)

This is a very interesting question. I've never been smaller than a 14 in my adult years. My surgeon says I'm small framed so I will probably end up being a size 6 or so . I can't even imagine!!:)

I hope to get smaller than my original goal. I set a goal weight of 140 as well as a stretch goal of 130 and now that I am at my first goal, I would like to go lower. I use the scale as my daily indicator but ultimately I am wanting to improve my body composition. I want these next pounds off in order to lean out and lose more body fat. I have good muscle definition in my arms and some core strength but I want my core to get stronger and lose the stubborn belly fat. I lost weight for health AND beauty. Yes, these last pounds could be considered vanity pounds because I do look "good" but frankly they aren't- my body fat is still on the high end of "normal".

Oh, I wanted to say that life isn't really better at a size "4" over when I was an "8". Just some perspective...

I have noticed that some men find the skinny me much more attractive however, I don't suddenly get asked for my phone number at the coffee shop or anything like that...haha

bottom line, get healthy as everyone has been saying. Once you are in single digit sizes, I feel like the rest is in fact just vanity... which is fine... but don't get wrapped up in it too much.

I don't remember ever being smaller than a large 7 or a normal size 9. Not too sure how I would feel about being a 6 or smaller or if it is even possible.

On my first WW attempt (at age 21), I went from about 187 to 163. I'm not very tall, and I'm pretty built (big boobs, large thighs, etc) When I lost that weight back then, I felt really good about how I looked, although a number of people said I looked "too skinny" (which I found so funny at the time - I definitely wasn't "skinny"!) -- fast forward 25 years and I have in my head that the 165 area might be a nice weight for me. I have my goal weight listed here as 199, but that's more to be below 200 than anything else. Once I hit 199, my focus will turn to my long-term health and what my body tells me to do next. I would love to weigh somewhere between 160 and 185 again! Regardless of what my final weight ends up being, I really look forward to the healthiness of that next chapter of my life. :) I sure wish I could speed this darn process up! As for sizes, I'm happy to fit into whatever looks good at my new weight! I can't wait to shop the smaller sizes...

Edited by Shells_Almost_There

This topic couldn't have been posted at a more prevalent time as I'm struggling with this conversation daily in my family. I am large boned and 5'4 1/2 weighing 160 with ample bust (34DD) that hasn't shrunk w/ my weight loss. My original goal was 150lbs. I think I hide my weight well because everyone, I mean everyone says that I shouldn't lose anymore weight and I'm skinny. Never in my life would I consider myself skinny but part of that could be that I still see the old self in the mirror. I think I'm at a point where I want to be out of the "obese" category when I step on the scale and at 5'4 1/2 (yes, I'm claiming the 1/2) and at 160lbs I'm still considered obese. Like the original poster, as the weight has come off I've become more obsessed and thought, why limit myself on how small I can get. So, to answer the original post, yes, I would like to be a size 0; however, if you asked my friends and family they would tell you I should stay where I am and be happy.

This topic couldn't have been posted at a more prevalent time as I'm struggling with this conversation daily in my family. I am large boned and 5'4 1/2 weighing 160 with ample bust (34DD) that hasn't shrunk w/ my weight loss. My original goal was 150lbs. I think I hide my weight well because everyone, I mean everyone says that I shouldn't lose anymore weight and I'm skinny. Never in my life would I consider myself skinny but part of that could be that I still see the old self in the mirror. I think I'm at a point where I want to be out of the "obese" category when I step on the scale and at 5'4 1/2 (yes, I'm claiming the 1/2) and at 160lbs I'm still considered obese. Like the original poster, as the weight has come off I've become more obsessed and thought, why limit myself on how small I can get. So, to answer the original post, yes, I would like to be a size 0; however, if you asked my friends and family they would tell you I should stay where I am and be happy.

Have you asked your NUT?