Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

IF YOU COULD tell yourself this 1 thing BEFORE U HAD SURGERY what would THAT BE?

I'd tell myself not to bother with pre-ordering Protein powders. I have a big bottle of Synthrax Roadside Lemonade Protein powder, and a lot of samples, plus another can of unflavored Protein that I never use. I prefer just to eat meat for most of my protein, and I still love my Premier Protein chocolate drinks.

I would tell my pre-band self just one thing. That it's all worth it.

I would tell my pre-banded self to look at this whole process as a life-long journey, not a quick fix, and to be patient as I learn to adjust to all the changes; that even if I have weeks, or even months, where I don't lose much weight, not to worry, because I have a wonderful tool and if I use it correctly, I will eventually be at a healthy weight again and then I will stay there! :)

I also wish that I'd done it at least 10 years earlier!! Haven't regretted even one single second since doing it.

I would not tell my pre WLS self a thing because she would not have listened to me anyway! :)

What I do tell others before their surgery now, is not to be afraid it's not the end of your life or the last time you will eat or eat your favorite foods. Your relationship with food may change but it will be for good. After surgery you will eat again and you will enjoy the food you eat that much more as you take the time to enjoy each bite and not shovel through it.

Eating and socializing at the same time doesn't work.

Enjoythetime- like that post twice! Wasted years!

Prepared to be an inspiration to others.

You have a lot more support then you think. You got this !

I wish I had support of my family right now I am having surgery on June 24 and am thinking of not doing it . Wish I just had one person supporting me

It's going to be ok. Relax. No you aren't going to get a thing done while you are on leave. And that's ok.

Also, when you are dropping off your child, make sure your ex husband can't see that you are looking at WLS sites on your phone. He's a psycho stalker.

I wish I had support of my family right now I am having surgery on June 24 and am thinking of not doing it . Wish I just had one person supporting me

Mary my name is Cindy, I am 50 years old and I have the most beautiful 11 year old daughter. I don't know your story or what got you to the same place as I am but I do know that you have a Father in Heaven that Loves you just the way you are. I would love to also support you. I have a Facebook page that we can talk more frequently on let me know if you want the page address and I am excited for you and your transformation

love Cindy

Never trust a fart.< /p>

Lmao!!!! So true!!!

I would tell myself that even scaredy cats can get through surgery and it's nowhere near as bad as you think!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Theweightisover2024🙌💪

Question for anyone, how did you get your mind right before surgery? Like as far as eating better foods and just doing better in general? I'm having a really hard time with this. Any help is appreciated 🙏❤️
      · 2 replies
      1. NickelChip

I had about 6 months between deciding to do surgery and getting scheduled. I came across the book The Pound of Cure by Dr. Matthew Weiner, a bariatric surgeon in Arizona, and started to implement some of the changes he recommended (and lost 13 lbs in the process without ever feeling deprived). The book is very simple, and the focus is on whole, plant based foods, but within reason. It's not an all or nothing approach, or going vegan or something, but focuses on improvement and aiming for getting it right 80-90% of the time. His suggestions are divided into 12 sections that you can tackle over time, perhaps one per month for a year if a person is just trying to improve nutrition and build good habits. They range from things like cutting out artificial sweetener or eating more beans to eating a pound of vegetables per day. I found it really effective pre-surgery and it's an eating style I will be working to get back to as I am further out from surgery and have more capacity. Small changes you can sustain will do the most for building good habits for life.

2. Theweightisover2024🙌💪

That sounds awesome. I'll have to check that out thanks!

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches