Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So happy with this sleeve ! 8 weeks out

I got the OK today from the nutritionist to enter phase 5. The last and final phase. I can eat all kinds of food. So excited to add salads back into my life. I use to eat a HUGE salad and now 1 cup will seem huge. Can try an apple with no peel at first but then see if I can tolerate with the peel. I did try a 1/2 c of salad on Saturday, knowing I would only be 2 days early and I did fine. Chew,chew ,chew. I feel blessed that I finally after 32 years of dieting have a real tool that works for me! It tells me after 2 oz of chicken "you are done - don't push it" and I don't. I have not vomited, no slime or had any trouble (other then terrible constipation) but that should take care of itself now that I can add some roughage!! from the very first day I decided to go forward with this procedure, I haven't looked back. I just had an awesome vacation and I was unable to bring food/protein shakes because we were on a motorcycle but I did fine. Just concentrated on Protein, Protein, protein and did fine. Treated myself to a "kiddie" size soft ice cream - without an issue. Even had a couple glasses (small) of wine and didn't get drunk - just softened the nerve endings (if you know what I mean) :)

Good luck to all of you in the beginning stages - it does get better but make sure you follow the rules. I always kept my paper with instructions in front of me all the time, so I stayed on track.

To those that are having issues - I hope they resolve soon and you can start enjoying the benefits of this surgery. I hope to be in Onederland soon - 7 lbs to go. Been years since I was there! I lose about 2 -3 lbs a week. It's slow by some but I am happy - it's coming off and that's all that matters. I haven't "lost" this weight, I have watched it leave, every damn pound and said "good riddance!! You are never coming back here"!!!

Congratulations that is awesome! Please give me any advice you can I am 11 days post op and I feel lost, I am having such a hard time getting in the Protein and Water. When it comes to what I should be eating I feel like I have no clue, I am barely eating anything because I am so afraid I am going to do something wrong and mess up my new stomach. I have heard that everybody goes through the "why did I do this phase?" I have been feeling that way lately, but I think it is because I feel so overwhelmed, any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Congrats on having such a great recovery. I would count that as your 1st NSV if you haven't started counting them yet! :P

@@Nicholej I'm only 19 days post op but i've found that I do better getting Protein in when I can get it from the food and not the shake. I can only eat so much but when I finish my evening snack I'll be at 45 grams Protein from food alone. (mostly soft chicken in a food processor so it's really tiny and fine to eat).

Congratulations that is awesome! Please give me any advice you can I am 11 days post op and I feel lost, I am having such a hard time getting in the Protein and Water. When it comes to what I should be eating I feel like I have no clue, I am barely eating anything because I am so afraid I am going to do something wrong and mess up my new stomach. I have heard that everybody goes through the "why did I do this phase?" I have been feeling that way lately, but I think it is because I feel so overwhelmed, any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

I was about where you are 4 days ago, but today is my 15th day post-op and I turned a corner (thankfully)! I feel amazing today, minimal pain and it's the last day I have be on Clear liquids. It was also my first day back to work!

I'm not sure if you are on clear or full liquids? Clear liquids-drink broth, Protein shakes made with Water, Isopure, SF/no carb Jello, SF/no-carb popsicles.

Full liquids-Drink Protein with almond or skim milk (Syntrax nectar is my favorite protein-no carbs, mixes well with water or milks), low-fat creamy Soups (such as low fat/low carb butternut squash Soup or Tomato Soup or cream of broccoli Soup with the chunks strained out). I use Ideal Protein or Barwise products, but you can also make your own from scratch if you have time.

Soft foods phase-eat scrambled eggs or tofu, low-fat cottage cheese, low-fat SF yogurt (use Fage Greek fat free for optimal protein with low carbs). Eat only 2 oz at a time. Do not drink 30 minutes before or after you eat to train yourself to eat slowly and fill on 2 oz. If you drink while you eat, you will eat more than you should and can stretch your stomach which will ultimately lead to slowed or stopped weight loss. Eventually this will become weight gain.

Phase 4-lifelong phase is food you can tolerate, only 2 oz at a time, chew/chew/chew! No beverage 30 minutes before and after eating. Set a timer on your phone to help you.

Journal everything you eat to hold yourself accountable.

Please let me know if you want me to email you my post-op eating plan.

All the best to you! It will get better and suddenly you will feel amazing!

Don't be lost. I found lots of help here but I survived on refried Beans with sour cream, panera broccoli and cheese Soup (love it) and I pureed it in my Ninja blender (that was a must buy). I took foods I loved and put them in the blender. I am to old to change my ways or flavor that I love, so I made them work for me. Once I got use to eating soups/yogurt (Dannon light and creamy) it went well. Hope that helps and anytime - just let me know. It will all be worth it!!

I was about where you are 4 days ago, but today is my 15th day post-op and I turned a corner (thankfully)! I feel amazing today, minimal pain and it's the last day I have be on Clear Liquids. It was also my first day back to work!

I'm not sure if you are on clear or full liquids? Clear liquids-drink broth, Protein shakes made with Water, Isopure, SF/no carb Jello, SF/no-carb popsicles.

Full liquids-Drink protein with almond or skim milk (Syntrax nectar is my favorite protein-no carbs, mixes well with water or milks), low-fat creamy Soups (such as low fat/low carb butternut squash Soup or Tomato Soup or cream of broccoli soup with the chunks strained out). I use Ideal Protein or Barwise products, but you can also make your own from scratch if you have time.

Soft foods phase-eat scrambled eggs or tofu, low-fat cottage cheese, low-fat SF yogurt (use Fage Greek fat free for optimal protein with low carbs). Eat only 2 oz at a time. Do not drink 30 minutes before or after you eat to train yourself to eat slowly and fill on 2 oz. If you drink while you eat, you will eat more than you should and can stretch your stomach which will ultimately lead to slowed or stopped weight loss. Eventually this will become weight gain.

Phase 4-lifelong phase is food you can tolerate, only 2 oz at a time, chew/chew/chew! No beverage 30 minutes before and after eating. Set a timer on your phone to help you.

Excellent advice - all so true!!! My Protein shake is Premier Protein chocolate and I love them. That's how I kept my protein up. At first when they were to heavy, I cut them with milk. I just got told today to only have 1 shake a day. I love them, but it will be cheaper :)

Thank you all so much for the advice it is making more sense to me now. I really do appreciate all of your help :)

I was about where you are 4 days ago, but today is my 15th day post-op and I turned a corner (thankfully)! I feel amazing today, minimal pain and it's the last day I have be on clear liquids. It was also my first day back to work!

Full liquids-Drink protein with almond or skim milk (Syntrax nectar is my favorite protein-no carbs, mixes well with water or milks), low-fat creamy Soups (such as low fat/low carb butternut squash Soup or Tomato Soup or cream of broccoli soup with the chunks strained out). I use Ideal Protein or Barwise products, but you can also make your own from scratch if you have time.

Thank you so much for all of the information, yes please if you don't mind emailing it to me I would appreciate it.