Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have been stuck at 180 to 183 for the past two months. It will be nine 9 months for me on the 17th. I started at 242. I am not losing I am afraid I will not make goal of 140. Is anyone else going thru something similar.

Yes...and no. I started much higher than you. My surgery day weight on 10/21 was 283. ( my highest weight was 316) I have been hovering around 226 for weeks now. I was hoping to break the 100lb down barrier soon, but my body is not cooperating. Of course I am to blame as much as anything for that. My diet has not been what it should be, and I could use more exercise. That being said I am doing more than I had been, but seriously need to get a grip on food. ( I struggle, but try each day) I am not gaining, thank GOD. But I know my slow loss is at least 98% my doing. ( I do have PCOS which might account for some slowness too) Anyway, I am not giving up. Even though I haven't been in the 220s in about 16-17 years, I don't want this to be it. I am still obese. I would very much like to reach goal. But if that doesn't happen I would at least like to get down to the 160s. After all these years that would probably seem extremely skinny to me! ( I have not been in the 160s since I was in my early 20s. Only time will tell what my body does, but I won't give up.

I haven't been eating all the way right however I keep my calories below 800....I started back on Protein Shakes today. Let's see how this goes....we can do this....I need to reach goal.....I'm starting to feel like a failure.

Sounds like a good start to go back to the Protein shakes! I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

I am only 6 months post op but sometimes the best way to break a stall is to up your calorie intake for a few days with some healthy choices.. I know it sounds weird but it does work. If you need to cut back on the carbs, cravings and unwise choices then a liquid reboot is a great idea.. so you may want to try upping your intake if the liquids option doesn't work for you. Also your body can become robotic in it's exercise if you do the same thing every time so consider changing it up or try interval training.. Good luck.

I'm going through something similar. Been stuck at 199/197 for weeks. My appetite is increasing and frankly it concerns me. It is tough to stay around 800 calories. I keep thinking I shouldn't go higher because last summer when I made my "last ditch effort before having surgery" attempt, I was at 1100 - 1200 calories per day and not necessarily low carb and I couldn't lose. I'm exercising 4 hours a week consistently (2 of zumba, 2 of functional strength training). I'm craving carbs again too where before I was not. I'm not sure what's happened :(

On the upside, I went ziplining with my husband yesterday, I never would have done that six months ago!

Well today I had Protein protein and more protein.....64 ounces of Water and no carbs....let's see if I can drop something by end of week.

Also I rarely feel hungry but I eat because afraid to not have enough Protein and get the dreaded hair loss....yet the amount I can eat is less when it's dense protein....very weird......I will up my calories tomorrow

I was in the SAME situation!!! I started at 257 and lingered at 195ish for about 1.5 months and was losing hair like crazy at about 6 months out from surgery. The week I upped my Protein intake back up I started dropping again. The only way I can get that much protein in is through the Atkins shakes but if I stop drinking them I start stalling again. So for me, my weight stalls are linked to lack of protein. Good Luck!!!!

Hi it's been interesting to read all your comments, experience and suggestions and I'm only 3 months post op and only down 33 pounds. I seem to have stalled already. I've also recently started replacing meals with the Lighterlife milkshakes and if I eat anything I'm just sticking to chicken and turkey. I was just walking and gardening for exercise but have bought an exercise machine which I'll put together tomorrow and been swimming today. I think it must be not varying and doing enough cardio exercise. I'm varying my calorie intake between 500 to 800 calories a day and if I have a bad day I allow myself to go up as high as 1200 but never more than that. Think I need to stop that though and stick to under 800.

I find it interesting that some of you say your only just starting to crave food as I haven't really stopped. Ok so post op for about 2 weeks I could barely sip Water and found eating really hard. Since then, I miss food so much and when I see chocolate or smell bread and home cooked food my mouth waters and I wish I could eat it all lol. I know I can't but it doesn't stop my head obsessing over food.

OMG....the Protein Shakes and 64 ounces of Water did the trick. I went from 181.4 to 179.6.....finally this morning. Also I was added inch splash of cranberry to my water I cut that out as well.

Congrats!!! That's awesome!!!! I'm glad you found what works for you!!!

Gemma, I think it gets easier the longer you go. First of all 33 lbs in 3 months is GOOD progress!!

I had problems with cravings at first too. I think I had to train my brain more than I had to train my body!! Every meal I had to focus on picking out all the Protein first and filling up on that. It will get easier. Now, my body (and brain) doesn't even crave that type of food.

My weight loss had slowed to crawl as well. HW was 290, currently at 171 with about 26 lbs to go. The last 2 months I think I've only dropped a couple of pounds a month. My diet and liquids have been spot on. I thought I could just wait it out, but it's looking like I may needs to figure out a course of action. My calories are pretty consistent at around 1,100-1,200, under 20 carbs a day. I'm thinking I may need to cut back to 800 to get the rest of this weight off. Ugh!

I'm almost to my 9 month surgiversary and I'm in the 10th week of a stall from Hell! It's a nightmare. I was already a slow loser, but I kept losing despite it being at a snail's pace. This stall, on the other hand, feels like the hardest thing I've ever had to overcome. Sure, I'm not gaining weight, but I'm SO frustrated, it's driving me insane. Each week I think I'll find that magical thing to break the stall, but nothing dietary has worked yet. Today I'm checking in at my surgeon's office, so I will ask the awesome staff there. :) Then this afternoon, I'm checking in with a trainer, to see what to do to jump start my workouts. Fingers crossed that something clicks and my body realizes that I AM GOING TO WIN THIS BATTLE. Seriously.