Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Things that I can't wait for or even imagine!

Congratulations on you date and the day that will be a new beginning. Follow your Doctors order and the plan, it does work! Try not to sweat the stalls, they are normal. There will be lots of firsts and things to look forward to! Enjoy the journey and the milestones! This will change your life in so many ways!

I was sleeved in September of 2013 (my new life birthday). I don't regret having the surgery for a second. I'm down 116 pounds and 22 pounds from goal weight. I love the fact that I got to cancel the Lane Bryant/Roamans credit card. I can buy clothes anywhere! I cried in Kohls when a large fit me! The space between and table had me in tears also. The icing on the cake has been in the last 2 weeks. I have had 2 people that I have known for over 10 years walk past me and didn't know who I was until I spoke!

Best of luck to you and a speedy recovery! Use this sight, it has a wealth of knowledge and SUPPORT!

So what things did you do? I'm excercising,eating NO carbs only Protein and green beans! Ex; Breakfast -1egg and chicken breast,lunch-green Beans and chicken breast and green Beans and chicken breast for dinner and between sugar free pudding???? So any advice my weight is s-l-o-w-i-n-g down!! I just wondering what advice you may have because seems as if your doing wonderful!! Thx!

Mine is slowing also. They say the last 20 are the hardest! I use an app called My Fitness Pal. It helps you keep track of calories, Protein, exercise, calories burned, carbs,and Water intake. I normally drink between 8-10 8oz servings of Water or unsweetened tea a day! I keep my protein between 80-100+ grams a day. I use my home gym about 3 times a week and ride my stationary recumbent bike at least 5 days a week for at least 30 minutes and at least twice a week for 45 minutes. I got my boys to move my bike upstairs in the family room. I DVR the shows I love and ride while watching those(times fly). My food for todayBreakfast- Dannon Lite & Fit Greek yogurt (80 calories, 12 grams protein) mixed with protein powder(140 calories, 30 grams protein),Lunch- grilled cheese burger , no bun (435 calories, 28 grams protein)Dinner- meatloaf (167 calories, 8.8 grams protein) few bites of mashed potatoes and green beansSnacks- reduced fat colby- jack cheese stick (60 calories, 5 grams protein) and low fat cottage cheese (90 calories, 10 grams protein)That puts me at 1002 calories for the day, 94 protein, 630 calories burned from bike and cleaning, so my net calories for the day are 372.Normally once a week (Friday or Saturday is treat day). I will normally have 2 nutter butter Cookies. Occasionally chocolate cookie. Whipped cream on strawberries. I have found that anything with a lot sugar in it is just gross tasting. I highly recommend my fitness pal. It lets you see ever thing and helps me make better food choices.Best of luck

I am no expert but I have read plenty of books on the subject (of course YMMV) but the thinner you get the less Protein you will need. Too much Protein will stall weight loss once you get closer to goal weight- so will eating processed foods- stall your loss that is. Watch for hidden sugars.

There are many variations to try to get to goal weight: paleo, carb-cycling etc. Most important is "clean eating" At this point you want to build muscle and lose body fat. The more muscle you have the more calories you will burn through out the day.

Back to Topic...Shaving the Legs with ease!

Oh wow! I cannot wait to experience the things mentioned above!! A few of my "can't wait to do's" are: 1. Fitting in a restaurant booth comfortably and not asking for a chair at the end. 2. Polish my toe nails. 3. Not worrying about where to park because I don't want to walk far. 4. Fitting on rides at theme parks. 5. Not having my pants roll down and constantly pulling them up (and my shirts rolling up). I have plenty more but I'm excited to start this new journey ahead of me. My surgery date is July 1st and I'm ready!!!

Edited by Kimber262

Things I cant wait for...

- my neck not being as wide as my face...AND losing my triple chin!

- having other people hear me breath so loud b/c i'm out of breath

- having my wedding ring fit again!!

- wearing pants W/O an elastic waist!!

- losing the kankles...and gaining ancles!

- worrying my fat belly is hanging lower than my shirt!!

so many things I CAN NOT WAIT FOR!!!

In addition to all those fabulous things, I am looking forward to not getting squeezed when I sit in booths in a restaurant. (And not having my boobs sitting on the table in front of me! That'd be nice. I'm tired of the three of us having lunch together!) And for the arm rest in my car to go all the way down. And to wear something besides black stretchy shorts and Just My Size tee shirts in the summer. Most boring summer wardrobe EVER! Also, I want to get into my husband's pants. Like, literally. I've never been small enough to borrow his clothes, and I SO want to!

i

I went out to Chiles the other day for lunch and my boobs did not sit on the table. It was great.

A FEW MORE,

Fitting into single digit sizes

Not feeling ashamed weighing at the doctors

Being a woman men look at, not ignore.

Not running from the camera or mirror

Having fun shopping for clothes.

I can relate to absolutely everything on everyones list. I just can't wait for all the changes. Im over 3 weeks since op. One tiny thing ive noticed my bras fit better! :)

Things I can't wait for:

Not being the only overweight person in my entire family.

Rocking a two piece bathing suite with ease.

No more "chub rub" on my thighs when i wear shorts. (I actually already accomplished this goal at three weeks out and I still can't believe it)

Working out in cute work out clothes made for girls and not big men's t shirts and basketball shorts.

To hit goal so that I don't have to buy new clothes every other week to fit my changing body. Don't get me wrong I'm loving the new smaller clothes, my bank account however is not loving it.

To buy new winter jeans this fall and not cry in every dressing room because not a single pair in the store fit me.

I have my appt with the surgeon tomorrow to set a date. I'm hoping for surgery in the next 2-3 weeks!

Things I can't wait for:

1) no longer hating myself

2) feeling comfortable in my own skin

3) no longer wishing to be invisible in a crowd

4) no longer looking like a stuffed sausage in my uniform

On a happy note:

- get my sassy back

- rock the self love (which I should be doing now anyways)

- get my sexy butt and legs back

all of those i agree with but also

being a jean size under 20

not having a stomach sticking out

not having neck fat or chubby cheeks (like a squirrel)

not having to wonder "was it because im fat?" when people dont like me/ things happen ect

being able to buy a bra at victorias secret or aerie.

not feeling stressed/anxious when i walk into a skinny people store because i know nothing will fit

not having to buy wide shoes

no knee/back pain

being able to do the birdcage and other yoga streches without my stomach getting in the way

being able to properly do a crunch

having my practice swim suit fit properly over my boobs

not having to feel like people are wondering how a fat person can be a lifeguard

not having to hear people say "You have a cute face"

I am hoping so much to have energy again, and to be able to move more freely. No more rolling out of bed, or heaving myself off the sofa! I could carry groceries in without almost dying! Just to feel healthier and more energetic... What a wonderful blessing that would be...

So I haven't hit a lot of the items I posted but I have hit a few. I head for surgery in less than a week. I'm down 15 lbs in 5 weeks! I can now put my shoes on without discomfort and walk my dogs without pain!

I have hit a lot of these already and it's so surreal!

Booths are a piece of cake now. Stairs are nothing. I'm in a size medium shirt and my old shirts that used to roll up look so long on me.

I can't wait for my 16 inch necklaces to quit being chokers!

I also feel camp chairs are the DEVIL ! They look so supportive then Splat!

I'm also scheduled for 8/4! Amen on the normal towel thing! I love the spa but dread the towels and robes. Lol. I'm looking forward to fitting in a plane seat, not sweating just bc I walked into a different temperature room, not avoiding looking at pictures of myself and being able to have more energy! Best of luck to you!!

Edited by TRock82