Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Woo HOO!! Supreme Court upholds Partial Birth Abortion Ban!!!!

LOL "ok, pull the plug. hey, what are you doing for dinner tonight?"

Almost.....and worse, it's a true story. See my thread about Mr P.

but that is what this country is based on. majority rule. and yes, i want to live in that. when people who were not elected made the decisions for the rest of us, a group of people broke away and created the united states. i want to have a say in the way the rules that govern me are created and put into power. and that is all done by me voting. are you saying you do NOT want to have control over what your government does?

Clearly not all aspects of our lives are based on majority rule. If it were, there would be school prayer in 85% of the schools in the country. There are many ways that individual rights are guaranteed notwithstanding the wishes of the majority. Just a few short decades ago, it was illegal for interracial couples to marry in many places, but this was held to be unconstitutional. There are countless other examples. Are you sure you want to live in a world where majority rule controls everything? If so, you better pack your bags.

not completely. I am a christian, a baptist, and I do not believe there should be prayer in school. And I know a lot of people who are christians that believe that. in fact most of the people I know believe that. Personally, I do not want someone else leading my child in prayer that I am not around a lot and can trust. I would rather my child pray on their own, or with a trusted individual. and I vote that way as well.

not completely. I am a christian, a baptist, and I do not believe there should be prayer in school. And I know a lot of people who are christians that believe that. in fact most of the people I know believe that. Personally, I do not want someone else leading my child in prayer that I am not around a lot and can trust. I would rather my child pray on their own, or with a trusted individual. and I vote that way as well.

Exactly.....the prayer in school people are, in reality, only supportive of prayers that mirror their beliefs. Once their kids started praying the Rosary, or the Shema, they would not be happy. Nor would I, if my child was "taught" their doctrine thru prayer.

I only believe in prayer in a private christian school, where I am sure of their beliefs and know what it is they will be leading my children through. And I do not feel that prayer in a private christian school is bad because those children who go to that school will practice that particular religion. in a private school you have a mix. i would not dare to push my religion onto any child, nor would i wish for that to be done to mine. And I am positive that a majority of christians feel that way.

Remember....there are extremeists in every group. Don't let the actions and wishes of a few taint the rest of us. :(

So if a pregnant woman is killed on the freeway by a drunk driver, the drunk driver is held accountable for two deaths. If she was on the freeway driving to an abortion clinic . . . it seems he should only be held accountable for one, because she intended to kill the other in the first place.

I don't think that it works that way; I think the drunk driver gets charged with a double death. Afterall, if a man shoots and kills a man who has just jumped off a building in order to commit suicide before the guy hits the ground the shooter can be charged with homicide. At least I think that is what somebody said on Law & Order....

I don't think that it works that way; I think the drunk driver gets charged with a double death. Afterall, if a man shoots and kills a man who has just jumped off a building in order to commit suicide before the guy hits the ground the shooter can be charged with homicide. At least I think that is what somebody said on Law & Order....

Boy, the authorities sure know how to take the fun out of everything, don't they?

LOL Most of my understanding of the American legal system is based on years spent watching Law & Order.

A local judge up here in Toronto, Canada was complaining that there is a trend for defendants to represent themselves in court and he figures that this is due to watching too much Judge Judy. He complains that the problem is that most of them don't know what they are doing, come unprepared, and end up wasting the court's time. He says that the fools often attempt to do this in serious cases, such as those dealing with divorce issues, and their actions generally result in real ugly legal messes.:clap2:

People like Ted Bundy choose to handle their own defense in court. That should tell us a lot about what kind of person would fire their attorney and try to defend themselves in court.

I watch "Grey's Anatomy" and recently "House" but I don't have any illusions that's what really goes on in hospitals.

Boston Legal makes some really good arguments sometimes for different legal questions and political problems, but unfortunately things don't usually work out that way in real life. Justice doesn't always prevail.

If the gloves don't fit, you must acquit.

This decision is oh so wrong!

Partial birth abortions are not common, had generally only been done when the mother's life is threated.

It is my understanding the partial birth abortions are only performed when the fetus is so terribly malformed, without a brain etc., that it could not possibly survive. It is cruel to force a woman to continue a pregnancy for nine months, go thru labor and the malformed fetus dies at birth or shortly after.

I seriously doubt if any licensed OB would perform an abortion late term when a healthy baby is involved.

I seriously doubt if any licensed OB would perform an abortion late term when a healthy baby is involved.
Sadly, you are mistaken. From the web site of infamous abortionist George Tiller logo.GIFLate Abortion Care Elective Abortion Counseling & Consultation | Procedure At Women's Health Care Services, we specialize in "late" abortion care. We are able to perform elective abortions to the time in the pregnancy when the fetus is viable. Viability is not a set point in time. Viability is determined by the attending physician and is based on sonogram results, physical examination and last menstrual period date (if known). Our telephone counselors will ask you a number of medical questions to determine if you are eligible for an elective abortion. If you have visited another clinic or physician, we will ask for the results from a recent ultrasound. Kansas law allows for post-viability abortion procedures when continuing the pregnancy is detrimental to the pregnant woman's health. Each person's circumstances are reviewed on a case-by-base basis. Please call so that we can discuss admission criteria with you.

You people act as if it's done every day. Late term abortions only occur when the life of the mother is in jeopardy. Any reputable doctor would never perform one casually. This is no victory, but an empty ruling to appease the anti-choice contingent out there.

Congratulations on feeling superior!

"We have some experience with late terminations... about 10,000 patients between 24 and 36 weeks and something like 800 fetal anomalies between 26 and 36 weeks in the past 5 years."

From a speech given by George R. Tiller at the National Abortion Federation Annual Meeting on April 2-4, 1995 in New Orleans, LA

"This baby looks pretty good."

Tiller comments on the picture of a baby he aborted. THE WICHITA EAGLE, October 7, 1997

Note that the doctor himself referred to the aborted fetus as "this BABY".

"In our organization we have made the decision that in situations of fetal abnormality, the woman is the patient and the fetus is the problem."

From Tiller's 1996 video "Fetal Indications Terminations of Pregnancy". This video is distributed through ob/gyn and genetics counselors to advertise his late-term abortions for babies with defects.

"I know that the fetus is alive during the process most of the time because I can see fetal heartbeat on the ultrasound."

Under oath in 1997, LeRoy Carhart talks about abortion prior to his employment with Tiller. This is found on the MTTU website.

"We're not asking for the right to suck the brains out of every child that walks down the street. We need to continue to offer safe abortions to women who need them to be done."

LeRoy Carhart - one of Tiller's abortionists, OMAHA WORLD HERALD, January 26, 2001

As far as the technical aspects of these tragic situations are concerned, the woman should have the option of deciding how SHE wishes to end her baby's life early.

George Tiller on a website blog October 7, 1998.

Carhart said at least once a month, an entire fetus is expelled from the mother during a D&E he is performing. "The fetuses are alive at the time of delivery," he said. There is a heartbeat "very frequently."

Carhart - one of Tiller's abortionists - admits that babies frequently are born alive during abortions. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS, April 1, 2004, "Doctor: Law Would Outlaw Many Abortions"